The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

30 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Never seen one of these before up close.

That's neat Tre Mac! Is that a video you shot yourself?  It brings me back to the time I took a day trip to Alaska and was walking in a neighborhood.  I turned the corner, and there was a big bear casually crossing the street!  After that, I knew neighborhoods in Alaska were not for me. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, brilac said:

That's neat Tre Mac! Is that a video you shot yourself?  It brings me back to the time I took a day trip to Alaska and was walking in a neighborhood.  I turned the corner, and there was a big bear casually crossing the street!  After that, I knew neighborhoods in Alaska were not for me. 

Yeah is across from my building, I guess he's trying to get at something under the bark.  I saw 3 bears or a logging road near Silver Hope Rd a few years back camping, crazy to think they were by us.

• Cheers 1

I am an ISTJ! 

I took a test to see what careers would be ideal, and business, technology, and healthcare like a surgeon and dentist are a good match. 

It's interesting because it showed that I am 47% introvert. I am an introvert.  I live alone and like to travel alone, and will travel again when it is safe. 

• Cheers 2
On 10/22/2020 at 5:49 PM, brilac said:

I am an ISTJ! 

I took a test to see what careers would be ideal, and business, technology, and healthcare like a surgeon and dentist are a good match. 

It's interesting because it showed that I am 47% introvert. I am an introvert.  I live alone and like to travel alone, and will travel again when it is safe. 

This got me curious about myself. I've been seeing a lot of these personality types posted around the net. Always wondered what everyone was talking about so I took a test.

It says I'm INTJ. It started out sounding like me. Then I dove a bit deeper into it and it went way left field. Not at all like me. I thought maybe I answered some questions wrong. Went back to check answers and changed a couple. Got the same result. 

Needless to say. I think I failed the test :huh:

Update: went to a different site and took a different test. Got ISFP-T. And I feel even less connected to that results. Also got some % numbers. 89% introvert. Only bit of it that I could whole heartily agree with lol

Second update: I have realised my mistakes in my answers and have finally found one that is speaking to my soul hahaha. ISFJ-T. With a new introvert %. 92%.

Edited by LionofJudah
  • Cheers 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Once I took a day trip by train to Ottawa from Montreal.  While on the train, all the employees spoke French while in Quebec.  Then when we crossed into Ontario, they all flipped over to English. Then on my way back to Montreal, all the employees spoke English while in Ontario.  As soon as we crossed into Quebec, they all flipped over to French. 

While in Ottawa, I was looking up at the Peace Tower and this guard with a really big gun starred at me, and I knew it was time to turn around, walk a few blocks up the street, get on the bus to go to the train station, and take the train back to Montreal. It kind of made me nervous that he was starring at me. On another note, there's a great dessert place in Ottawa.  I forgot the name of the place, but I know how to get there. 

Another time I was taking the train back from Quebec City for the day and had a bit of wine on the train and kept thinking that the train better hurry up to Montreal because it was time for Thai food and I kept mapping the time on my phone it would take walk from the train station to Rue Sherbrooke near St. Denis, but the place was closed when I got there. 

Another time I went to Montreal when it was not hockey season, and when I got on the bus to go into Montreal from the airport, I knew my first stop would be the Bell Centre. It was selfie time next to statues. 

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1
15 hours ago, brilac said:

Once I took a day trip by train to Ottawa from Montreal.  While on the train, all the employees spoke French while in Quebec.  Then when we crossed into Ontario, they all flipped over to English. Then on my way back to Montreal, all the employees spoke English while in Ontario.  As soon as we crossed into Quebec, they all flipped over to French. 

While in Ottawa, I was looking up at the Peace Tower and this guard with a really big gun starred at me, and I knew it was time to turn around, walk a few blocks up the street, get on the bus to go to the train station, and take the train back to Montreal. It kind of made me nervous that he was starring at me. On another note, there's a great dessert place in Ottawa.  I forgot the name of the place, but I know how to get there. 

Another time I was taking the train back from Quebec City for the day and had a bit of wine on the train and kept thinking that the train better hurry up to Montreal because it was time for Thai food and I kept mapping the time on my phone it would take walk from the train station to Rue Sherbrooke near St. Denis, but the place was closed when I got there. 

Another time I went to Montreal when it was not hockey season, and when I got on the bus to go into Montreal from the airport, I knew my first stop would be the Bell Centre. It was selfie time next to statues. 

If I ever go on an actual vacation I think Montreal would be my first destination assuming I still don't have a passport.

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

If I ever go on an actual vacation I think Montreal would be my first destination assuming I still don't have a passport.

I like Montreal. There's a dessert place I like there. I forgot the name, but there are locations of that dessert place in Montreal.  I like walking around Old Montreal and walking up Mont Royal and the Bell Centre.  There's another area I like too that's trendy.  It's about a 20 minute walk from Old Montreal. I like the view from Mont Royal and walking to the cross. I get asked for directions all the time in Montreal and I don't really know where I am going half the time, but I'm very independent and travel alone, so they may mistake me of knowing where places are.  I also got asked for directions in Quebec City, Ottawa, and get asked for directions in Vancouver and Seattle.  I don't know Quebec City nor Ottawa, and I don't know where I am going half the time in Vancouver.  There's a dessert place I like in Vancouver.  I don't know the name of the street, but I know how to get there. It is right next to a library and an indoor ice rink or activities center and close to Safeway and McDonalds. 

• Cheers 1

Watching a show on tiny houses.  That’s how I want to live! In a tiny house about 300/500 square feet.  Park it somewhere on land, on an island out in the woods or near water away from Seattle.  Just me and the cat. Gosh, Seattle is not my place. I moved here in 2001 and moved out to the Olympic Peninsula for a few years and moved back, and it has changed so much for the worse. 

Downtown Seattle is dangerous.

In my day to day life, I’m very sincere and honest, and many people are not like that these days.  

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1

I passed math and did well on the final. It was very hard. Now I need to figure out what I want to major in. I work full time and need to figure out how to work and go to college. In the upcoming months I will be comparing rents to see if I can sign a lease for cheaper than what I am paying for. 

• Cheers 1
On 12/21/2020 at 9:05 PM, Wilbur said:

Saw it as a comment on a CBC article and didn't know where best to put it:

They used to say that religion was the opiate for the masses, but with prices now so low, are opiates the new opiates for the masses?

I wouldn't rely on either.

On 12/17/2020 at 7:53 PM, brilac said:

Watching a show on tiny houses.  That’s how I want to live! In a tiny house about 300/500 square feet.  Park it somewhere on land, on an island out in the woods or near water away from Seattle.  Just me and the cat. Gosh, Seattle is not my place. I moved here in 2001 and moved out to the Olympic Peninsula for a few years and moved back, and it has changed so much for the worse. 

Downtown Seattle is dangerous.

In my day to day life, I’m very sincere and honest, and many people are not like that these days.  

On 12/24/2020 at 5:26 PM, brilac said:

I passed math and did well on the final. It was very hard. Now I need to figure out what I want to major in. I work full time and need to figure out how to work and go to college. In the upcoming months I will be comparing rents to see if I can sign a lease for cheaper than what I am paying for. 

I am definitely a suburbs person, I hate city life but slowly the city life is coming to me.  I live in a 650sq ft condo, I could afford a larger place but with the prices here it's just better to live small.  

That's great you can work and goto school at the same time, I could never do that.  Even if I did I wouldn't know what to take.

41 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I am definitely a suburbs person, I hate city life but slowly the city life is coming to me.  I live in a 650sq ft condo, I could afford a larger place but with the prices here it's just better to live small.  

That's great you can work and goto school at the same time, I could never do that.  Even if I did I wouldn't know what to take.

You live in a really neat area! My lease is up in a few months and I am going to compare rents for cheaper places.  It's hard going back to school.  I live in an expensive area and work during the day and I need to work to support myself.  I am trying to do online classes part time.  This week I am deciding what I want to major in and where I can do it online.  I signed up for two classes, but there's a program that I am very interested in, and if I can do it fully online, I am going to do that.  I first went to college when I was 17 and graduated at 19 with a 2-year degree.  At 20, I was accepted to the University of Hawaii at Manoa.  I didn't realize that I applied for the Winter quarter and had to leave right away, so I didn't go and applied for the following quarter and was accepted. I didn't go.  I don't know what I was thinking at age 20.  

• Cheers 1