The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

I was going through things and found this.  This ticket is from 2005.  I was flying from Paris to Detroit, and the ticket is from Detroit to Seattle.  It's interesting with the no smoking.  At that time it was quite a Q&A session to get back into the USA, and it was easy to get into Europe. 

It will be interesting for when we can travel again of how it will be.  The last time I went to London, I scanned my passport at customs without speaking to an agent.  I wonder what the process will be when we can travel again.  If I can just scan my passport and that's it, or if I am going to have to speak to an agent at customs and more.  I'm not into talking at customs. One of the reasons why I flew from Seattle to Vancouver was because most of the time it was quick at customs, but when I took the bus, it was different and I was not much for questions.  I was not intimidated by the agents, it was that I am reserved and I am not much for questions and anything more than three questions gets me. 

A1E58324-8715-4E49-8207-B99E60CF5FE2.thumb.jpeg.f6b5a9d55284827796349aa22a832221.jpeg

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I found a pic of my me and my dad from 2007 that I have no recollection of, also could barely recognize myself.  It honestly took me a few seconds to realize that it's me in the pic.  I know it was a pretty bad time but it's weird seeing yourself in a pic and having no clue where it was even taken.

• Cheers 1
6 hours ago, brilac said:

As I sit here enjoying my afternoon chocolate snack and drinking my coffee, I just noticed that I am the top poster of this site.  That's so cute!  I must be that bored 

I haven't posted much here since I've been busier at work lately and the overall lack of interest in the Nucks.  My chocolate of choice is milk chocolate melting wafers - I get them for around $1/100g, less than a chocolate bars go for.20201211_162348.thumb.jpg.66cc335607dcc5e5b62ca76b164de38b.jpg

I found out there's a chocolate shop by my work so I bought all this before Xmas.  It's mostly peanut butter and chocolate cups and a bit of mocha and chocolate.  Of course it's long gone by now.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

I haven't posted much here since I've been busier at work lately and the overall lack of interest in the Nucks.  My chocolate of choice is milk chocolate melting wafers - I get them for around $1/100g, less than a chocolate bars go for.20201211_162348.thumb.jpg.66cc335607dcc5e5b62ca76b164de38b.jpg

I found out there's a chocolate shop by my work so I bought all this before Xmas.  It's mostly peanut butter and chocolate cups and a bit of mocha and chocolate.  Of course it's long gone by now.

Ooh, I like!  You know what would be excellent Tre Mac?!  Sitting around snacking on those delicious chocolates while drinking champagne! 

• Cheers 1
  • 1 month later...
On 4/7/2021 at 9:32 PM, Tre Mac said:

So did you finish all of those really nice chocolates shown above?  

• Cheers 1
24 minutes ago, brilac said:

So did you finish all of those really nice chocolates shown above?  

Oh yeah they're long gone lol.  Tough to say which was best, the individually wrapped ones were organic, chocolate with mocha mixed in - sucks they were a pain to eat.  The mint chocolate ones melted instantly, was like a drink.

I recently went to Purdys and got the peanut butter fingers, it was pretty expensive - too rich for me, like $1.50 per piece.  I almost got the filling recipe down but I haven't tried making my own chocolate yet.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I have random flashbacks about things I used to do / travel.  I was putting away the dishes, and all of the sudden, I had a flashback of being on a bus in or near Richmond, BC and going to the Tsawwassen ferry terminal. Then I remembered that trip.  I flew from Seatac to YVR and spent a few days in Vancouver and went to a Canucks ticket member event.  Then on a morning, I took the Skytrain to a stop before the airport and then took the bus to the Tsawwassen ferry terminal and took the bus from Swartz Bay to Victoria and spent the day, and took a seaplane to Seattle the next day. That's interesting.  Maybe one day I can take a plane or the bus to Vancouver from Seattle, spend a few days, then take the Skytrain to a stop and then the bus to the ferry terminal and then a bus from Swartz Bay to Victoria, and instead of taking a seaplane, I can take the ferry to Port Angeles, and then take a bus to Port Townsend and then a bus to Poulsbo and then to Bainbridge Island and the ferry to Seattle and then the bus home. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, brilac said:

Sometimes I have random flashbacks about things I used to do / travel.  I was putting away the dishes, and all of the sudden, I had a flashback of being on a bus in or near Richmond, BC and going to the Tsawwassen ferry terminal. Then I remembered that trip.  I flew from Seatac to YVR and spent a few days in Vancouver and went to a Canucks ticket member event.  Then on a morning, I took the Skytrain to a stop before the airport and then took the bus to the Tsawwassen ferry terminal and took the bus from Swartz Bay to Victoria and spent the day, and took a seaplane to Seattle the next day. That's interesting.  Maybe one day I can take a plane or the bus to Vancouver from Seattle, spend a few days, then take the Skytrain to a stop and then the bus to the ferry terminal and then a bus from Swartz Bay to Victoria, and instead of taking a seaplane, I can take the ferry to Port Angeles, and then take a bus to Port Townsend and then a bus to Poulsbo and then to Bainbridge Island and the ferry to Seattle and then the bus home. 

I used to go on the ferry all the time by myself as a kid to visit my grandparents on Pender Island, hadn't been on one in ages.

One good thing to come from this pandemic is its been over a year now since I started jogging.  I do five 5km 4runs a week.  I can't wait until the pools open up again and I really miss the sauna in our building.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, brilac said:

There is also the Washington State ferry that goes from Anacotrez to Sidney, if covid hasn't shut it down permanently.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, gurn said:

There is also the Washington State ferry that goes from Anacotrez to Sidney, if covid hasn't shut it down permanently.

Yeah, I've been to the San Juans a few times, which the ferry goes to the San Juans first and then Sidney, but I don't know how to get to Anacortes by bus.  I don't drive, so I take public transportation.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I used to go on the ferry all the time by myself as a kid to visit my grandparents on Pender Island, hadn't been on one in ages.

One good thing to come from this pandemic is its been over a year now since I started jogging.  I do five 5km 4runs a week.  I can't wait until the pools open up again and I really miss the sauna in our building.

That's great! My exercise routine is pretty much non existent except for walks.  I've lost weight since last March, but that is due from not eating at the restaurants and enjoying the wine and champagne pre pandemic. 

• Cheers 1
19 hours ago, brilac said:

That's great! My exercise routine is pretty much non existent except for walks.  I've lost weight since last March, but that is due from not eating at the restaurants and enjoying the wine and champagne pre pandemic. 

I do a lot of walking when I play guitar at the beach.  I do 3km each way and the way back is all uphill.  I average 14k steps at work.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

they just don't make rake attachments like they used too!

I remember my I used to have to rake The acreage by hand. But, back then the rakes only had 6 prongs because the handles were made of solid Oak and Iron. The handle's weren't too long and weren't too short neither. and that was a good thing, they weren't light. They were nearly as heavy as a sack of potatoes. Not a regular sack, but the sack's they used to sell in Morinville, wasn't quite fond of them actually. But they were only a nickel and they always gave you a bit of twine if you bought multiple sacks, Which I did.

Now the twine was useful, I'd take that twine with me and have it in my pocket, everywhere I went. Which reminds me of a story of my farm dog Rusty. We named him Rusty because he was the same as the color of the rust on the rake.

Now back then dogs had jobs too, do you believe that? and Rusty was no different, his job was to carry the shovel. He'd carry that shovel in his mouth Happy as a pig in $&!#. His tail waving back and forth, like the weather vane on a windy day. Carrying the shovel was a important job and Rusty was dependable, always by my side. if there was a gopher hole to fill he'd be sitting beside it waiting for you to notice. he sure was good dog that Rusty.

Now... where was I? The Twine! now i told you the twine was useful. after a big storm and a sunny day or two, I'd walk around the bushline picking up the brush that broke free from the poplars. I'd use that twine to tie up the branches, that was nice because it would stack neat. Darn it! it's nearly sunset. I best say good night. see you in the morning.

• Cheers 1
  • 4 weeks later...

While drinking champagne, I decided to order the munchie meal.  It will be delivered in an hour, and I am almost out of champagne.  I Googled when WA state liquor sales end, and it either ends at 11pm or 2am, so I am not really sure.  Oh well. I only drink champagne on Friday's and Saturday's, and rarely on the weekdays, except when I am watching hockey, and hockey is not on until October.  So I will enjoy this glass of champagne while watching Alfred Hitchcock until the munchie meal arrives. 

• Cheers 1

Well Alfred Hitchcock became boring, so now I am watching Legendary Cities, the London one. It's crazy - Sally passed away in December at 14.5 years (cat), I went to London for a week in January, and February, I brought George home (cat), and then the pandemic hit - March.  I'm still waiting on my munchie meal, which I hope to be delicious.  I am out of champagne. So it's time for water, and the munchie meal comes with Hi C to drink. 

• Cheers 1
4 minutes ago, brilac said:

Well Alfred Hitchcock became boring, so now I am watching Legendary Cities, the London one. It's crazy - Sally passed away in December at 14.5 years (cat), I went to London for a week in January, and February, I brought George home (cat), and then the pandemic hit - March.  I'm still waiting on my munchie meal, which I hope to be delicious.  I am out of champagne. So it's time for water, and the munchie meal comes with Hi C to drink. 

Does this mean you're eating cat food nowadays?

Is it as yummy as it looks in the adverts? Cuz Fancy Feast looks scrumptious, but I don't think I'm ready to take the plunge just yet

• Cheers 1