Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic


Tre Mac

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

20200608_194619.thumb.jpg.88b7043687a11d9174ce0813893b2292.jpg20200606_135023.thumb.jpg.a1123051090dd53c066d6e2195a7c8d5.jpg20210914_195841.thumb.jpg.3def52afafa4405f1187dec99ce36f7c.jpg20210914_195750.thumb.jpg.37e3eae50f6c97d9e16d41a991364e42.jpg20210812_190615.thumb.jpg.07cebea49c5eb7faaa1aa654e1132e44.jpg20210605_142810.thumb.jpg.d82dc4174df72ff1d0e5f45b12878aa2.jpg20200613_213654.thumb.jpg.e5c14d6ea25495a0763e6fba7e227778.jpg

 

20200518_105559.thumb.jpg.651d8d35d49cf23b00a01e373415b0f8.jpg20200510_000657.thumb.jpg.806467ad3012f7c2aaef067cdb152125.jpg20200510_000627.thumb.jpg.e54e5a54ee6d9ba9a5c8f308187c71d5.jpg

 

Not going to win much points on presentation but it was all delicious.  I've always enjoyed baking as a kid so I bought a stem mixer, a marble board and started with bread when the pandemic first hit.  I found my mom's old cookbook from 1985 and baked brownies from that.  Then I substituted regular flour with cake flour and added some vinegar with the baking powder to get it like a cake.  Been trying to perfect mocha icing, cannot find any mocha powder for baking locally so I have to use actual coffee mix.  Eight bucks in butter alone for that cake lol.

20210914_195849.jpg

20210706_205634.jpg

I super like all of that!  Is that your handwriting in the recipes?  I write in cursive too. Can you believe that the Leafs scored?!! Now it's tied.  That's terrible! 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, brilac said:

I super like all of that!  Is that your handwriting in the recipes?  I write in cursive too. Can you believe that the Leafs scored?!! Now it's tied.  That's terrible! 

Oh, I just read in between the pictures of all your delicious treats! It was your mom's recipe book. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

Do you feel the pandemic is aging you?  I looked at a picture of me taken almost 2 years ago and then I looked at a picture of me I took a week ago, and I look tired and kind of harsh.  Then I looked at the picture taken almost 2 years ago, and I looked young with energy.  

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
Link to comment
On 10/14/2021 at 7:15 PM, brilac said:

Do you feel the pandemic is aging you?  I looked at a picture of me taken almost 2 years ago and then I looked at a picture of me I took a week ago, and I look tired and kind of harsh.  Then I looked at the picture taken almost 2 years ago, and I looked young with energy.  

Mentally draining for sure but I am actually in better shape than I was when this all started.  If it weren't for my receding hairline I could still pass off as someone in my mid 20's and no one thinks I am in my 40's.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
On 10/14/2021 at 8:15 PM, brilac said:

Do you feel the pandemic is aging you?  I looked at a picture of me taken almost 2 years ago and then I looked at a picture of me I took a week ago, and I look tired and kind of harsh.  Then I looked at the picture taken almost 2 years ago, and I looked young with energy.  

I have gone from about 50 to 1000 grey hairs. Pretty much salt and pepper on the sides now, but the top is still mostly brown. I definitely feel older.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, MattJVD said:

I have gone from about 50 to 1000 grey hairs. Pretty much salt and pepper on the sides now, but the top is still mostly brown. I definitely feel older.

Yeah, for me I don't have any grey hairs that I am aware of, but I bought some vitamin C serum and that has helped a little bit since I bought it, but yeah.  And I over think think things and am tired. 

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment

I've been going to the grocery store.  I was there yesterday and today, both times wearing my Canadiens jacket.  Yesterday it was a long stare in the eyes by a man wearing a Kraken's hat.  Maybe he was a Habs fan and wanted to know where I got my jacket... you never know. I always think that no one will recognize my jacket because it's at the grocery store in Seattle.  But today, a women recognized my jacket.  We spoke and she told me she was more of a Blackhawks fan and we talked about the Carolina-Montreal game.  I was really struck by her.  Not attracted to her, but there was something about her that I really liked other than that she recognized my jacket and liked hockey. While talking to her, I realized that we looked a liked and with the same facial features.  She had dark brown eyes, dark brown hair, and our haircut was the same except her hair was shorter than mine, and we spoke the same.  She told me she was from Europe, but I did not ask her what country she was from. She must have been here for a while or I did not notice if she had an accent.  

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

Today I decided to go to the Kraken Team Store and buy a shirt.  The shirt was on sale and that was great, and the bag fee was 0.65$ which the Seattle bag fee is actually 0.08$.  I’m on the bus.  I really need to stay home more or just in the neighborhood.  The bus and downtown Seattle is not for me. Maybe I’m just annoyed about being on the bus and paying the Kraken bag fee. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

Seattle rent is getting more expensive.  I received a rent increase notice for after my lease expires.  Last year, I negotiated my rent, it was in my favor because everywhere else including Bellevue and South Lake Union had cheaper rents or close to what I was paying.  My lease expires in spring 2022.  I'm going to think about this, and may not do anything until I have to in responding to the notice.  I'm not into living in Seattle anyway.  The price of rent does not match what I see of what is happening in Seattle, and there's an eviction moratorium in place until January 15th, 2022 for those who don't pay or unable to pay rent are not evicted before the moratorium ends.  Maybe this will be an opportunity to move.  I'm going back to school in January 2022 and hopefully enroll in a BAS program in spring 2022.

 

 

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
On 10/31/2021 at 1:54 AM, brilac said:

Seattle rent is getting more expensive.  I received a rent increase notice for after my lease expires.  Last year, I negotiated my rent, it was in my favor because everywhere else including Bellevue and South Lake Union had cheaper rents or close to what I was paying.  My lease expires in spring 2022.  I'm going to think about this, and may not do anything until I have to in responding to the notice.  I'm not into living in Seattle anyway.  The price of rent does not match what I see of what is happening in Seattle, and there's an eviction moratorium in place until January 15th, 2022 for those who don't pay or unable to pay rent are not evicted before the moratorium ends.  Maybe this will be an opportunity to move.  I'm going back to school in January 2022 and hopefully enroll in a BAS program in spring 2022.

 

 

Do you work from home?  That opens up a lot of options for people.  I am slowly getting priced out of my area as are a lot of people.  I own but inflation is a killer, sometimes I think about selling my condo and actually buying a house elsewhere, preferably in BC.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Do you work from home?  That opens up a lot of options for people.  I am slowly getting priced out of my area as are a lot of people.  I own but inflation is a killer, sometimes I think about selling my condo and actually buying a house elsewhere, preferably in BC.

Yeah, I've been working remotely for a while since March 2020.  I don't know what the status is of going back to an office or working remotely.  There's also safety issues in Seattle and downtown Seattle is something else with the tents and drug use. Before the pandemic when I worked downtown, I would see drug use in the alleys and on the sidewalk and was numb to it. The price of rent for an apartment in Seattle and surrounding areas is too high and especially what's happening, especially with downtown Seattle. Plus I'm tired all the time, my sleeping schedule is messed up, I overthink things, I feel like I'm stuck, I don't like where I am at, my mind gets cluttered, but I really like watching hockey and going to the park. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, brilac said:

Yeah, I've been working remotely for a while since March 2020.  I don't know what the status is of going back to an office or working remotely.  There's also safety issues in Seattle and downtown Seattle is something else with the tents and drug use. Before the pandemic when I worked downtown, I would see drug use in the alleys and on the sidewalk and was numb to it. The price of rent for an apartment in Seattle and surrounding areas is too high and especially what's happening, especially with downtown Seattle. Plus I'm tired all the time, my sleeping schedule is messed up, I overthink things, I feel like I'm stuck, I don't like where I am at, my mind gets cluttered, but I really like watching hockey and going to the park. 

I hate city life even though city life is slowly coming to me.  Great thing about White Rock is its the end of the line with the ocean always a quick walk away.  I'd try moving to the burbs with a lot of greenery.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I hate city life even though city life is slowly coming to me.  Great thing about White Rock is its the end of the line with the ocean always a quick walk away.  I'd try moving to the burbs with a lot of greenery.

How long have you lived in White Rock? Where did you live before White Rock?  I moved to Seattle in 2001 and then moved to the Olympic Peninsula for a few years and moved back to Seattle in 2007. 

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, brilac said:

How long have you lived in White Rock? Where did you live before White Rock?  I moved to Seattle in 2001 and then moved to the Olympic Peninsula for a few years and moved back to Seattle in 2007. 

Been on my own in White Rock for 18 years now.  I was born in this area and overall have lived all but 2.5 years in this area.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

On holidaze!  Flooring done tomorrow and some new furniture comes in soon.  I got a new bed and mattress and a leather sofa, hope it works out.  Still need a coffee table set, Kitchen Table and a bedroom dresser.

That's very exciting!  Getting new furniture is always exciting!  My couch is very worn down and the cat likes to scratch on it.  The bottom edges are a disgrace.  I'm not too alarmed by it.  She's a cat, and the previous cat liked to scratch the couch too.  And it's a cheap couch.  At least she only scratches the couch and her scratching post. 

 

I have the week off work.  I'm not doing much.  Maybe I will go to the park when it is not raining.  There's a park I like that has trails that is a 10-15 minute walk from my place. 

 

I did buy two keyboard covers - one for my personal computer and one for my work computer.  I am notorious for pounding on the keys while I type, and it's working great while typing with the keyboard cover on, and both of them make my computers look really snazzy. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

Watching the Habs game.  The Penguins are ahead.  Thinking about going to Trader Joe's.  I have a vision on what I want.  Besides other food, I'm thinking the salmon,  and the organic bell peppers and cream cheese.  I would like to take a bell pepper and put cream cheese in it. And buy more salads and coffee, and organic bananas and avocados, and see what they have for treats and desserts.  I was there the other day and bought what I needed, but today I am visualizing every isle and the fun things and food they have.  I'm not drinking the champagne nor wine this week, but kombucha.  I gained about 5 pounds while enjoying wonderful desserts and drinking champagne/wine, but I will still eat dessert. 

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

I think it's easier to jog in a heatwave than it is to jog when it's this cold out.  God bless saunas.

 

On 12/14/2021 at 5:06 PM, brilac said:

Watching the Habs game.  The Penguins are ahead.  Thinking about going to Trader Joe's.  I have a vision on what I want.  Besides other food, I'm thinking the salmon,  and the organic bell peppers and cream cheese.  I would like to take a bell pepper and put cream cheese in it. And buy more salads and coffee, and organic bananas and avocados, and see what they have for treats and desserts.  I was there the other day and bought what I needed, but today I am visualizing every isle and the fun things and food they have.  I'm not drinking the champagne nor wine this week, but kombucha.  I gained about 5 pounds while enjoying wonderful desserts and drinking champagne/wine, but I will still eat dessert. 

Cream cheese and bell peppers?!? Haha I guess.  I want to make grandma's peanut butter squares but I cannot find any rice krispies!  Also pondering cooking a turkey, I'd need a roasting pan though.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
37 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I think it's easier to jog in a heatwave than it is to jog when it's this cold out.  God bless saunas.

 

Cream cheese and bell peppers?!? Haha I guess.  I want to make grandma's peanut butter squares but I cannot find any rice krispies!  Also pondering cooking a turkey, I'd need a roasting pan though.

You should try it - cream cheese with bell peppers is very good.  That sounds delicious of your grandma's peanut butter squares! You checked the stores or Amazon and there's no rice krispies? Do you have an alternative?  

 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, brilac said:

You should try it - cream cheese with bell peppers is very good.  That sounds delicious of your grandma's peanut butter squares! You checked the stores or Amazon and there's no rice krispies? Do you have an alternative?  

 

 

I may have to buy those mini 3box cereals, I'll need one or two cups.

 

Apparently we're getting a record cold Xmas this year, this may factor in my decision to cook a turkey if I am going to be stuck at home for a couple of days.

 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...