Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic


Tre Mac

Recommended Posts

Trying on jeans. I stopped wearing them 2 years ago when I switched to leggings and most recently, pajama bottoms.  I am making a comeback with wearing jeans more often.  Tried on skinny jeans and they are really not for me.  As for the fashion jeans - some have holes in them, but that was the style when I bought them.  I will wear them, and they are not skinny jeans.  

 

 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
On 12/27/2021 at 1:29 AM, brilac said:

Trying on jeans. I stopped wearing them 2 years ago when I switched to leggings and most recently, pajama bottoms.  I am making a comeback with wearing jeans more often.  Tried on skinny jeans and they are really not for me.  As for the fashion jeans - some have holes in them, but that was the style when I bought them.  I will wear them, and they are not skinny jeans.  

 

 

 

A couple months ago, I put on a pair of jeans for the first time in almost 2 years. Luckily they still fit! LOL

 

But I haven't worn another pair since.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Psylocke said:

A couple months ago, I put on a pair of jeans for the first time in almost 2 years. Luckily they still fit! LOL

 

But I haven't worn another pair since.

That's me too! My jeans fit, but I am not for the skinny jeans, and I really enjoy wearing leggings and pajama bottoms.  I am going to get back to wearing jeans more often, but I really enjoy wearing leggings. 

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, brilac said:

That's me too! My jeans fit, but I am not for the skinny jeans, and I really enjoy wearing leggings and pajama bottoms.  I am going to get back to wearing jeans more often, but I really enjoy wearing leggings. 

I was kinda anti-leggings at first, but now I'm all about them. My office is pretty casual so I even wear them to work sometimes. 

 

I've been meaning to wear my jeans more often, too, but the more comfortable clothes keep calling to me. :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

I prefer khakis over jeans because they go with more of my shirts, especially jerseys - jeans + a nuck jersey is not a good look on me.

 

Snow after Xmas is just an annoyance.  Most likely calling in sick tomorrow if they closed the bridge due to 'winter maintenance'.  Last time that happened 3 of us showed up to work and they told us to go home, spent more time in traffic that day than working.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
On 1/5/2022 at 4:24 PM, Tre Mac said:

I prefer khakis over jeans because they go with more of my shirts, especially jerseys - jeans + a nuck jersey is not a good look on me.

 

Snow after Xmas is just an annoyance.  Most likely calling in sick tomorrow if they closed the bridge due to 'winter maintenance'.  Last time that happened 3 of us showed up to work and they told us to go home, spent more time in traffic that day than working.

I really like snow.  My mother and family live in an area where it is snowing heavily right now and since yesterday evening. They are all sick of it.  It's raining in Seattle right now and it is  50F out, and last week it was snowing and very cold. 

 

I wore jeans yesterday, but today it's back to pajama bottoms and the same top as yesterday.  

 

See ~ wearing jeans! 

 

I took a picture because these days even though I wrote that I was going to wear jeans more often, I am still getting into it. 
 

1E61D5CD-0779-457E-9545-0767DCC73075.thumb.jpeg.6369144b94845a9090c0a7f92b010986.jpeg

 

 

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

I find myself increasingly bored with my teams not playing.  I looked at the game schedule today and was like - well, maybe I should branch out a little bit.  Then I was like - oh wait, I do that already, I go to Kraken games.  I was excited when Seattle got a hockey team, and then the pandemic hit and Seattle having a NHL team faded, but I went ahead with my seat selection thinking how it would be a great opportunity to get out a little bit since I was at home for a year.  Then last year I really, I mean really really loved the Montreal Canadiens which it was only love before.  They are my second favorite team you know.  Yeah, I'm totally bored. 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

So I've been snacking on the Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares.  I love these things so much and I'm almost out!  I got a big bag about 4 days ago.  These things are seasonal and what am I going to do once they are gone?. They're so easy to snack on.  I looked on Amazon for a big bag of these, and they are $22 something!  That's not fair. Oh gosh, maybe I should just buy them at $22 something each. 

 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
22 hours ago, brilac said:

I find myself increasingly bored with my teams not playing.  I looked at the game schedule today and was like - well, maybe I should branch out a little bit.  Then I was like - oh wait, I do that already, I go to Kraken games.  I was excited when Seattle got a hockey team, and then the pandemic hit and Seattle having a NHL team faded, but I went ahead with my seat selection thinking how it would be a great opportunity to get out a little bit since I was at home for a year.  Then last year I really, I mean really really loved the Montreal Canadiens which it was only love before.  They are my second favorite team you know.  Yeah, I'm totally bored. 

 

I know, the Nucks game tomorrow was going to be the highlight of my weekend.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

I know, the Nucks game tomorrow was going to be the highlight of my weekend.

That would be my highlight too!  Hmm, I just checked the NHL app and it shows that the Montreal and Canucks games are postponed tomorrow. 

 

So Tre Mac, what will you be doing this weekend since games are postponed?

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

So here I am today, flipping my hair to the side and I see this really white shiny strand, and I'm like - what's this?  Yeah, my first grey/white hair.  I guess I cannot stay young forever.  I'm in my late 30s, so this was a matter of time that this would happen. Yeah. 

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
On 1/7/2022 at 6:42 PM, brilac said:

That would be my highlight too!  Hmm, I just checked the NHL app and it shows that the Montreal and Canucks games are postponed tomorrow. 

 

So Tre Mac, what will you be doing this weekend since games are postponed?

I didn't do much on the weekend, played some guitar.  I know what cars my neighbours drive so I know when they are out, that way I know they can't hear me sing lol.

On 1/10/2022 at 3:37 PM, brilac said:

So here I am today, flipping my hair to the side and I see this really white shiny strand, and I'm like - what's this?  Yeah, my first grey/white hair.  I guess I cannot stay young forever.  I'm in my late 30s, so this was a matter of time that this would happen. Yeah. 

 

I have one white hair on each side, noticed it two years ago.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Psylocke said:

I've been noticing more white hairs lately. I just pull them out and pretend they were never there (until they grow back again :mad:). 

I did that too! I took took the tweezers and removed it and pretended the white strand was never there :)

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

My lease expires in spring, but I am thinking about renewing even though I think the new rate is outrageous.  I like the neighborhood and that the grocery stores are close (5-10 min walking distance), the bridge is broken (so we're like in our own little area), and parks - trees, trails, water, and beaches. I was thinking about South Lake Union and Bellevue, but Bellevue is more expensive, and South Lake Union is a neighborhood away from downtown Seattle, and I don't like downtown Seattle. I really liked South Lake Union before the pandemic. I was also thinking about moving away from Seattle.  Moving costs are expensive overall.  Maybe next year.  Plus I really like staying home and going to the park when I get out.  This may be a good opportunity to buy a new couch if I stay here I am at. I negotiated by rent last year, but rents have increased in Seattle, and I think it may be a losing battle for negotiating. I could tell them that I think their rent increase is a bit pricey and see how it goes.  It's too bad I cannot have a face-to-face conversation about this to see the other person's reaction and body language. Or hold off for now and really think about renewing in March and think more. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, brilac said:

My lease expires in spring, but I am thinking about renewing even though I think the new rate is outrageous.  I like the neighborhood and that the grocery stores are close (5-10 min walking distance), the bridge is broken (so we're like in our own little area), and parks - trees, trails, water, and beaches. I was thinking about South Lake Union and Bellevue, but Bellevue is more expensive, and South Lake Union is a neighborhood away from downtown Seattle, and I don't like downtown Seattle. I really liked South Lake Union before the pandemic. I was also thinking about moving away from Seattle.  Moving costs are expensive overall.  Maybe next year.  Plus I really like staying home and going to the park when I get out.  This may be a good opportunity to buy a new couch if I stay here I am at. I negotiated by rent last year, but rents have increased in Seattle, and I think it may be a losing battle for negotiating. I could tell them that I think their rent increase is a bit pricey and see how it goes.  It's too bad I cannot have a face-to-face conversation about this to see the other person's reaction and body language. Or hold off for now and really think about renewing in March and think more. 

Hopefully everything works out, moving can be stressful.  Do you work from home?  Maybe consider the burbs, they should should plenty parks.

 

 

20211217_183702.thumb.jpg.67db1146b785a033e6b115ae45cca699.jpg

 

I got a new couch and I love it.  10/10 for napability.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Hopefully everything works out, moving can be stressful.  Do you work from home?  Maybe consider the burbs, they should should plenty parks.

 

 

20211217_183702.thumb.jpg.67db1146b785a033e6b115ae45cca699.jpg

 

I got a new couch and I love it.  10/10 for napability.

 

That's a sweet couch!  I like your living room.  What type of guitar is that?

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

Yeah @Tre Mac, I work from home. The suburbs are even expensive.  Everything is expensive. Maybe I will think about this over wine. 

 

Off the subject, but one particular time I could not decide if I really needed this fushia Marc by Marc Jacobs handbag.  After a few of the lavender martinis, my mind was made up! I took the escalator downstairs to the handbag department at Nordstrom and bought it.  Nordstrom has a bar inside most of their stores. 

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...