The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

11 minutes ago, brilac said:

It's not hockey related, but it's a documentary about two players who were members of the Yugoslavian basketball team. 

Basketball is fun, but I don’t follow it, to be honest. The one basketball documentary people keep recommending is the really long Michael Jordan one. Have you seen it?

• Cheers 1
Just now, Dedalus said:

Basketball is fun, but I don’t follow it, to be honest. The one basketball documentary people keep recommending is the really long Michael Jordan one. Have you seen it?

I am not much for basketball, but I told someone that my mother's maternal side were Yugoslavian, and it was recommended to me. 

• Cheers 1

I was cleaning out my email, deleting email. It's interesting to see what I have in my email from 2 years ago and pre pandemic.  Like the bill from the animal hospital for the cat that passed away and the correspondence to that.  The purchases from Nordstrom - shoes and a handbag strap.  The airline ticket to London and the hotel reservations - I will not be going there anytime soon.  Maybe Croatia and over to Montreal when it's okay to travel.   

• Cheers 1

So tonight at the Kraken game I realized why I’m intoxicated after 2 cans of wine - the drunk state that I want to cheer… like for the Kraken!  Oh geez oh my!  Instead of 125ml, it’s 250ml per can.  And 500ml is 1/2 liter and 750ml is a bottle, like champagne.  So yeah, I am drunk due to the 2 cans of wine.  Drinking wine from the can!  How classy is that?!

• Cheers 1

I'm laughing my head off!  My mother told me that her husband / my step-father is on a Facebook site for his "amazing parking."  It's a small town and someone took a picture of the car and posted it.  It's front and center and with comments about his "amazing parking."  I cannot get enough of this!  My mother is embarrassed.  My favorite was when someone posted that he must have been drunk to park like that, and then the person who posted wrote that he was not drunk; he just did not care.  And there are more comments after that.  

Gee, a small town, and the car is front and center on the page!  Mom is embarrassed.  Her husband / my step-father does not care that he is front and center on the Facebook page, and with comments! 

I just texted my mother telling her that this is my favorite page, and I keep checking back for new comments. She has not responded...

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 12:13 PM, brilac said:

I'm laughing my head off!  My mother told me that her husband / my step-father is on a Facebook site for his "amazing parking."  It's a small town and someone took a picture of the car and posted it.  It's front and center and with comments about his "amazing parking."  I cannot get enough of this!  My mother is embarrassed.  My favorite was when someone posted that he must have been drunk to park like that, and then the person who posted wrote that he was not drunk; he just did not care.  And there are more comments after that.  

Gee, a small town, and the car is front and center on the page!  Mom is embarrassed.  Her husband / my step-father does not care that he is front and center on the Facebook page, and with comments! 

I just texted my mother telling her that this is my favorite page, and I keep checking back for new comments. She has not responded...

So I take it that it wasn't a good parking job lol?

19 minutes ago, brilac said:

Yeah, the parking skills were AMAZING!  

Still my best parking job came on my road test, parallel parked in front of a group of people having a BBQ.  I can't park and owning a pickup doesn't help 

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting here on the couch on this fine Saturday afternoon watching Dharma and Greg while drinking my coffee and thinking - is it Chipotle or Taco Time?  Hmmm, I think it is Taco Time!  I'm lazy today and Taco Time is less walking distance from my apartment.  I'm hungry, so it is Taco Time after my second cup of coffee! 

• Cheers 3
On 4/30/2022 at 4:02 PM, brilac said:

Sitting here on the couch on this fine Saturday afternoon watching Dharma and Greg while drinking my coffee and thinking - is it Chipotle or Taco Time?  Hmmm, I think it is Taco Time!  I'm lazy today and Taco Time is less walking distance from my apartment.  I'm hungry, so it is Taco Time after my second cup of coffee! 

Chipotle opened up a location near me but I have yet to try it. 

• Cheers 1
2 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

Chipotle opened up a location near me but I have yet to try it. 

Oh yeah, it's really delicious!  I ended up getting Taco Time yesterday because I was too lazy to walk up to Chipotle. 

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm starting to feel bored that my teams are not in the Playoffs, but I've become more productive since the Playoffs are on.  I even stopped drinking wine and champagne since May 1st and my head is clear from not drinking.  I don't know how long that will last, but in the past, I have gone months and months without drinking.  I even decided that I want to get #10, CH, and Flying skate tattoos.  I don't when that will happen, but I am thinking next year for two of them.  I am even thinking about Taco Time right now, that I must go get the beef or chicken nachos!  Yum, those are so good! 

I watched the funeral of Guy Lafleur.  It was so beautiful and perfect!  What an amazing celebration of his life!  Yesterday when I was walking the trails at the park, I started walking down a trail that I had never walked on, and looked up at this cabin on the trail, and guess what?  The number on the cabin was 10!  Can you believe that?  I was wearing my CH jacket and shirt, and here I am looking at the number 10 on this cabin. 

• Cheers 1
On 5/5/2022 at 6:02 PM, brilac said:

I'm starting to feel bored that my teams are not in the Playoffs, but I've become more productive since the Playoffs are on.  I even stopped drinking wine and champagne since May 1st and my head is clear from not drinking.  I don't know how long that will last, but in the past, I have gone months and months without drinking.  I even decided that I want to get #10, CH, and Flying skate tattoos.  I don't when that will happen, but I am thinking next year for two of them.  I am even thinking about Taco Time right now, that I must go get the beef or chicken nachos!  Yum, those are so good! 

I watched the funeral of Guy Lafleur.  It was so beautiful and perfect!  What an amazing celebration of his life!  Yesterday when I was walking the trails at the park, I started walking down a trail that I had never walked on, and looked up at this cabin on the trail, and guess what?  The number on the cabin was 10!  Can you believe that?  I was wearing my CH jacket and shirt, and here I am looking at the number 10 on this cabin. 

I don't miss alcohol one bit but then again I am heavily into the herb.  The hangovers and the queasy stomachs, I used to get major gut rot mixing all that vodka with powdered iced tea - I cringe just thinking about that now lol.

• Cheers 1
32 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I don't miss alcohol one bit but then again I am heavily into the herb.  The hangovers and the queasy stomachs, I used to get major gut rot mixing all that vodka with powdered iced tea - I cringe just thinking about that now lol.

I'm the opposite.  Herb is not really my thing and it's been many many years.  Red wine has a lot of great health benefits.  I have not explored the health benefits of champagne.  I will probably spend this month drinking kombucha and probably take up the champagne/wine drinking in June or July. 

• Cheers 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to laugh at my mother today.  She called me and told me that she got pulled over for running a yellow light. The cop pulls her over and lets her off with no ticket, and asks to see the driver registration and insurance.  The cop tells her that the car belongs to a suspended driver.  My mother says that cannot be possible, and then cop tells her while her husband is in the passenger seat, that her husband got a few tickets that are unpaid and that his license is suspended.  So he is getting in trouble, and lets my mother off, and explains to her that she needs to have her license switched to the new state they are in including the license plate for the car.  My mother thanks him, but her husband, yeah, different story.  He could not believe how the cop just let my mother go, and he is getting in trouble. 

• Cheers 1
On 5/24/2022 at 8:17 PM, brilac said:

I had to laugh at my mother today.  She called me and told me that she got pulled over for running a yellow light. The cop pulls her over and lets her off with no ticket, and asks to see the driver registration and insurance.  The cop tells her that the car belongs to a suspended driver.  My mother says that cannot be possible, and then cop tells her while her husband is in the passenger seat, that her husband got a few tickets that are unpaid and that his license is suspended.  So he is getting in trouble, and lets my mother off, and explains to her that she needs to have her license switched to the new state they are in including the license plate for the car.  My mother thanks him, but her husband, yeah, different story.  He could not believe how the cop just let my mother go, and he is getting in trouble. 

Yikes lol, gotta pay those tickets.  I fought a ticket for walking on the tracks but they set the court date for the first day back on the year.  I never showed up so when I went to renew my insurance and pay it they said there was no ticket registered.  Guess they threw it out.

• 4 weeks later...

My couch is so worn out that it's embarrassing, so I bought a couch cover off Amazon.  I picked taupe. I thought it was a good color, and was more concerned about if it was going to fit or not.  So I got it today, it fits, but it is ugly, so I took it off.  I cannot have an ugly couch cover even though the couch is so worn out. I prefer a grey worn out couch over an ugly couch cover. 

I would buy a new couch, but this couch is kitty's scratching post, and she would probably scratch the new couch if I got one. And plus, it would be a hassle to drag the couch down to the parking garage where the dumpster is and then coordinate with management for a special pickup through the city. I may be between 5'6 - 5'7, but I'm small, so dragging the couch would be a task. 

Oh geez, I don't know. Maybe I will go to Macy's and see if their delivery includes hauling away the old couch. 

• Cheers 1