The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

On 6/21/2022 at 8:02 PM, brilac said:

My couch is so worn out that it's embarrassing, so I bought a couch cover off Amazon.  I picked taupe. I thought it was a good color, and was more concerned about if it was going to fit or not.  So I got it today, it fits, but it is ugly, so I took it off.  I cannot have an ugly couch cover even though the couch is so worn out. I prefer a grey worn out couch over an ugly couch cover. 

I would buy a new couch, but this couch is kitty's scratching post, and she would probably scratch the new couch if I got one. And plus, it would be a hassle to drag the couch down to the parking garage where the dumpster is and then coordinate with management for a special pickup through the city. I may be between 5'6 - 5'7, but I'm small, so dragging the couch would be a task. 

Oh geez, I don't know. Maybe I will go to Macy's and see if their delivery includes hauling away the old couch. 

I got a nice Italian leather sofa off Article.  It scuffs easily but it's so comfy.  I like to sleep on it on the weekends.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I like to go on nature walks and especially on weekends.

Today I enjoyed the glorious trails and the beach.

04A4D6DF-5D68-44CB-87C8-A1825BDB463F.jpeg

The tide was out.  It was exiting! 

5527B578-6E92-49AE-AEF0-676A4E138A45.jpeg

Gosh! Gas is so EXPENSIVE! I take the bus and walk.  And sometimes the train. 

9B1DE6BE-E609-4C7A-B01F-5AB13AE6E9CD.jpeg

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
On 7/17/2022 at 3:03 PM, brilac said:

I like to go on nature walks and especially on weekends.

Today I enjoyed the glorious trails and the beach.

04A4D6DF-5D68-44CB-87C8-A1825BDB463F.jpeg

The tide was out.  It was exiting! 

5527B578-6E92-49AE-AEF0-676A4E138A45.jpeg

Gosh! Gas is so EXPENSIVE! I take the bus and walk.  And sometimes the train. 

9B1DE6BE-E609-4C7A-B01F-5AB13AE6E9CD.jpeg

I jogged some trials the other day  nice and shady.

• Like 1

20220716_152933.thumb.jpg.645fe782430bd0a9746f2c1cc7156766.jpg

After a 5 year hiatus of not having any ice cream I am back triumphantly.  I bought over 100 bucks of mostly Oreo sandwiches but also got some coffee crisp and kit kat bars as well as some Chapman's:gocan: Cappuccino ice cream, mmmmmm.  It was all on sale lol.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

20220716_152933.thumb.jpg.645fe782430bd0a9746f2c1cc7156766.jpg

After a 5 year hiatus of not having any ice cream I am back triumphantly.  I bought over 100 bucks of mostly Oreo sandwiches but also got some coffee crisp and kit kat bars as well as some Chapman's:gocan: Cappuccino ice cream, mmmmmm.  It was all on sale lol.

Oh my goodness Tre Mac!  Did you share?

• Haha 1

Yesterday, I scrounged up $15 in cash around my apartment and went on a kombucha run!  I got my fancy, trendy re-usable bag, walked up to the grocery store, and bought 5 bottles of kombucha! Spent $12.45 and made it into my grocery budget without going over. 

I gotta have the kombucha! 

• Cheers 1
43 minutes ago, brilac said:

So @Tre Mac, how's your candy stash coming along?

It's all ice cream now lol.  I originally cut out a lot orlf junk food like ice cream and chips but now that I have kept the weight down I can expand the diet a bit.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

It feels so great when some of my clothes fit me loose!  I am wearing a skirt I bought years ago and did not try it on at the time of purchase.  When I got home, it fit me tight.  I've been wearing the skirt lately and it is baggy.  That's great! 

• Cheers 2

Day 6 of 14 of my break from weed, also 4 years without booze.  I wasn't an alcoholic by any means but I just didn't feel like drinking 3 or 4 times a year so I stopped completely.  I honestly thought I'd have some issues taking a tolerance break from weed but aside from crappy sleep it's been alright.

10 hours ago, brilac said:

It feels so great when some of my clothes fit me loose!  I am wearing a skirt I bought years ago and did not try it on at the time of purchase.  When I got home, it fit me tight.  I've been wearing the skirt lately and it is baggy.  That's great! 

Nice, I've lost 10lbs since coming back from the cabin I had to poke another notch in my belt and had to throw out some boxers that were too big.  Now down 60lbs from my heaviest weight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Day 6 of 14 of my break from weed, also 4 years without booze.  I wasn't an alcoholic by any means but I just didn't feel like drinking 3 or 4 times a year so I stopped completely.  I honestly thought I'd have some issues taking a tolerance break from weed but aside from crappy sleep it's been alright.

Nice, I've lost 10lbs since coming back from the cabin I had to poke another notch in my belt and had to throw out some boxers that were too big.  Now down 60lbs from my heaviest weight.

That's great @Tre Mac!  I was never a weed smoker, but I do enjoy wine, champagne, and beer.  I am not much for hard liquor.  I go on and off when drinking.  Last Saturday I had a beer, and before that, I had not drank in over a month.  I alternate between kombucha and champagne.  Some months it's kombucha only and other months, it's champagne and kombucha. 

• Cheers 1

I'm in a baking / trying new things mode.  I bought a crock pot and it is expected to arrive between 5pm - 10pm today and it comes with recipes. I'm excited for it and hopefully it comes during the time today specified or sooner.  It will be a fun activity this weekend using the crock pot. It's one of these mini ones, so that will be a delight for me, and dishwasher safe! 

And yesterday, I made banana bread with chocolate chips in it.  It's quite tasty! 

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
4 hours ago, brilac said:

I'm in a baking / trying new things mode.  I bought a crock pot and it is expected to arrive between 5pm - 10pm today and it comes with recipes. I'm excited for it and hopefully it comes during the time today specified or sooner.  It will be a fun activity this weekend using the crock pot. It's one of these mini ones, so that will be a delight for me, and dishwasher safe! 

And yesterday, I made banana bread with chocolate chips in it.  It's quite tasty! 

Crock-Pot is awesome! I've been trying to use mine a bit more lately. Hope you'll love yours, too! :)

Can't go wrong with banana bread! Have you made chocolate zucchini cake? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
59 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Crock-Pot is awesome! I've been trying to use mine a bit more lately. Hope you'll love yours, too! :)

Can't go wrong with banana bread! Have you made chocolate zucchini cake? 

No, I have not made chocolate zucchini cake.  I must do that!  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
On 8/19/2022 at 9:14 PM, brilac said:

No, I have not made chocolate zucchini cake.  I must do that!  

I definitely recommend! :)

Also carrot cake/muffins, peanut butter cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies... All super easy to make lol

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Just now, Psylocke said:

I definitely recommend! :)

Also carrot cake/muffins, peanut butter cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies... All super easy to make lol

That's great!  Super easy stuff to bake is great to know! Mmmm, peanut butter cookies :) 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

This is banana apple bread!  I got creative tonight, and added cinnamon and chocolate chips to it and buttered the pans. It just got done cooking and is cooling off.  I wonder how it tastes! 

It tastes so good and I am stuffed after one piece! I cut it into larger pieces - 3x3 for each pan. 

E0F269AE-32C8-4A08-8418-7DD316C4BB73.thumb.jpeg.9b4ea50b8c576c534fe6b31285d01841.jpeg

Edited by brilac
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
On 8/24/2022 at 8:18 PM, brilac said:

This is banana apple bread!  I got creative tonight, and added cinnamon and chocolate chips to it and buttered the pans. It just got done cooking and is cooling off.  I wonder how it tastes! 

It tastes so good and I am stuffed after one piece! I cut it into larger pieces - 3x3 for each pan. 

E0F269AE-32C8-4A08-8418-7DD316C4BB73.thumb.jpeg.9b4ea50b8c576c534fe6b31285d01841.jpeg

That's one clean oven!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1