The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

3 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

No I am a terrible baker. I am more of a low and slow grill or stew guy.

I tried using my crockpot today, and it was not a success.  Maybe I was a little inpatient with cooking rice in a crockpot, so I cooked all the contents on the stove. I just finished whipping up some rice, beans, organic mushrooms, and vegetables topped with sauce for this weeks lunch meals and am having a bowl of it right now.  It tastes quite good.  The sauce gives it some tang! 

• Cheers 1
4 hours ago, brilac said:

I tried using my crockpot today, and it was not a success.  Maybe I was a little inpatient with cooking rice in a crockpot, so I cooked all the contents on the stove. I just finished whipping up some rice, beans, organic mushrooms, and vegetables topped with sauce for this weeks lunch meals and am having a bowl of it right now.  It tastes quite good.  The sauce gives it some tang! 

I find crock pots are great in winter. You have to be careful though things don't taste boiled.

Chilli, stews, pulled pork. All great in a crock pot.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Recently I had trouble with organic kale going bad in the refrigerator.  I bought a new package and placed it in the back of the refrigerator instead of the front on the shelf.  And you know what?!! That fixed the issue.  I am proud to say that the organic kale is lasting longer.  What a concept!  A miraculous concept that is!

It's kind of like opening the bag of chips from the bottom side up. You get more grease and salt that way, and tastier chips.

Also reminds me of putting avocados in the refrigerator versus on the counter.  They last longer in the refrigerator. 

• Cheers 1

I finished baking and put my oh so great banana-apple-chocolate chip bread in the refrigerator covered with tin foil.  

The bottom pan, I baked last week or Saturday, I cannot remember, but it is half way through.  The 2 smaller ones on top and the pan in the middle, I baked tonight.  I even added cinnamon and more chocolate chips.  The more chocolate chips, the better :) ! 

I think this is about a week's worth of desserts or maybe two weeks.  I really like dessert, and anything oh so delicious like banana-apple-chocolate chip bread is fantastic! 

Do you think I should freeze some of it, or is 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator fine?

41FB5B83-8F1F-42FB-B88B-A6E66EC87D61.thumb.jpeg.c83212bbd58d86620141a39447de374f.jpeg

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

As I sit here and pound beers on the beach I think....

Man I love summer. Absolutley hate winter.

As a young lad who wouldn't hate summer? Play street hockey, build forts, sleep on the deck and watch the stars, oh and no school!

Of course I grew up and as luck had it, I had to work. Still love summer. The hotter the better.

As I get older and look to retirement I wonder.....September seems nice too! Do I hate September as it signifies back to school and the end of summer?

Hmmmm, maybe as I gear up and plan for retirement September would be nice too!!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
48 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

As a young lad who wouldn't hate summer? Play street hockey, build forts, sleep on the deck and watch the stars, oh and no school!

Of course I grew up and as luck had it, I had to work. Still love summer. The hotter the better.

As I get older and look to retirement I wonder.....September seems nice too! Do I hate September as it signifies back to school and the end of summer?

Hmmmm, maybe as I gear up and plan for retirement September would be nice too!!!!

I love summer too and I love the heat!  Cloudy days mess with me and I don't like cold weather, but I do like snow.  The sun finally came out today so I got dressed,  wore my hockey shirt and red sunglasses, and went on a nature walk, and then to Trader Joe's after.  I needed some string cheese, salsa, organic kale, and watermelon wine.  I just started on the watermelon wine.  It taste quite good!  I'm on my first glass.  

When I was growing up, one of the neighborhood kid's parents found a skateboard that nobody claimed, and we loved sitting on the skateboard and going down the hill.  

One of the great things about Fall is hockey.  I cannot wait to watch Canucks and Canadiens games! 

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Woah, check out the free stuff I got after my nature walk today! I have a thing for free stuff and I should stop.  The jars are cool and so is the fabric paint. 

E9C0322C-3819-4806-8425-3ADC715D8BFE.jpeg

This wine is a steal at $3.99 at Trader Joe's and tastes really good.  It's like a $1.00 per glass.  I would show a picture of the bottle with wine in it, but I drank it all last night. 

B1514342-85A5-4C8C-8E55-CA51E00E85BA.jpeg

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1
2 hours ago, brilac said:

Woah, check out the free stuff I got after my nature walk today! I have a thing for free stuff and I should stop.  The jars are cool and so is the fabric paint. 

E9C0322C-3819-4806-8425-3ADC715D8BFE.jpeg

This wine is a steal at $3.99 at Trader Joe's and tastes really good.  It's like a $1.00 per glass.  I would show a picture of the bottle with wine in it, but I drank it all last night. 

B1514342-85A5-4C8C-8E55-CA51E00E85BA.jpeg

Booze in the US is amazing.

I'd drink it before water it's so cheap.

• Cheers 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 8:18 PM, brilac said:

This is banana apple bread!  I got creative tonight, and added cinnamon and chocolate chips to it and buttered the pans. It just got done cooking and is cooling off.  I wonder how it tastes! 

It tastes so good and I am stuffed after one piece! I cut it into larger pieces - 3x3 for each pan. 

E0F269AE-32C8-4A08-8418-7DD316C4BB73.thumb.jpeg.9b4ea50b8c576c534fe6b31285d01841.jpeg

I  can smell this pic, looking scrumptious.

Also yes, your oven is immaculate.

• Thanks 1
On 9/3/2022 at 5:20 PM, Chris12345 said:

I love summer mostly so I can play geets at the beach and not worry about noise.  But those days are fading fast, I'd say Oct-Mar is too cold and wet.  I remember one family day in Feb it was sunny and 15C outside but not looking forward to winter.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I  can smell this pic, looking scrumptious.

Also yes, your oven is immaculate.

Thanks! I strive for clean, but sometimes I cannot get there, you know - a nice, clean apartment. 

And, yeah - I don't make my bed, but I I strive for clean.  I sleep in it each night, so there's no point. 

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1
22 hours ago, brilac said:

Thanks! I strive for clean, but sometimes I cannot get there, you know - a nice, clean apartment. 

And, yeah - I don't make my bed, but I I strive for clean.  I sleep in it each night, so there's no point. 

I neglected my oven and paid the price spending way too much time cleaning it with baking soda and vinegar.  Now it's pretty clean but a little stained.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

I neglected my oven and paid the price spending way too much time cleaning it with baking soda and vinegar.  Now it's pretty clean but a little stained.  

That's so nice!  I clean with baking soda and vinegar too, as well as those disinfectant wipes - sinks, counters, etc. 

• Cheers 1