The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

That gal I mentioned, is telling the truth about having a sister who lives in the building.  I found out from management today. There was a scene at 1:30am today.  She used the callbox to dial tenants including me asking to be let in.  Then she starting knocking on the front entrance asking to be let in.  She then knocked at other people's doors including mine at 1:30am.  Then a tenant above me starting cursing at her.  

I reported it to management today.  The 1:30am scene pushed me and it takes a lot to push me.  Management told me they spoke with the sister and that another tenant reported this. 

People are interesting.  At 1:30am... I don't get how she thinks it's okay to dial other tenants at the callbox and knock on doors at 1:30am.  No regard for others.  

• Cheers 1
9 hours ago, brilac said:

That gal I mentioned, is telling the truth about having a sister who lives in the building.  I found out from management today. There was a scene at 1:30am today.  She used the callbox to dial tenants including me asking to be let in.  Then she starting knocking on the front entrance asking to be let in.  She then knocked at other people's doors including mine at 1:30am.  Then a tenant above me starting cursing at her.  

I reported it to management today.  The 1:30am scene pushed me and it takes a lot to push me.  Management told me they spoke with the sister and that another tenant reported this. 

People are interesting.  At 1:30am... I don't get how she thinks it's okay to dial other tenants at the callbox and knock on doors at 1:30am.  No regard for others.  

Wow...I don't even have words. I would've been so angry.

• Cheers 1
13 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Wow...I don't even have words. I would've been so angry.

Yeah, I wasn't angry.  At 1:30am - I was like, who does that? and is making a scene.  She was not affecting one person, she was affecting everyone who could hear her.  And especially knocking at people's doors and using the call box, and knocking at the front entrance.  

And I just received a missed call from the callbox a few mins ago.  I don't know if it was her.  I did not look at my window as I did not want to be seen. And she did not come to my door. 

Management said they spoke with the sister and to let them know if I have any other issues.  

I don't know the situation about her or her and her sister.  I don't know why she is using the callbox to dial me or other tenants or why she made a scene at 1:30am. There are a lot of unknowns.  This is between her, her sister, and management. 

• Cheers 2
22 hours ago, brilac said:

Yeah, I wasn't angry.  At 1:30am - I was like, who does that? and is making a scene.  She was not affecting one person, she was affecting everyone who could hear her.  And especially knocking at people's doors and using the call box, and knocking at the front entrance.  

And I just received a missed call from the callbox a few mins ago.  I don't know if it was her.  I did not look at my window as I did not want to be seen. And she did not come to my door. 

Management said they spoke with the sister and to let them know if I have any other issues.  

I don't know the situation about her or her and her sister.  I don't know why she is using the callbox to dial me or other tenants or why she made a scene at 1:30am. There are a lot of unknowns.  This is between her, her sister, and management. 

You're way nicer than me lol 

She's being super disruptive and disrespectful to everyone. Management needs to put a stop to it. 

• Cheers 1
On 10/11/2022 at 7:49 PM, Psylocke said:

I had a teacher in elementary school who always called me by the wrong name like that. 

Starbucks baristas always mishear my name and put down a similar sounding name all the time though.

When I was growing up, I always wanted a keychain or hairbrush, etc with my name on it, and I never saw my name with something like that on it, but when I was 10, I found a hairbrush with my name on it and spelled the same way.  I instantly wanted it and my mother bought the hairbrush.  

This week, I had two people say my name ending with an "a" and someone call me something else.  I let it go those times, biting my tongue, whatever.  

To me, my first and last name is very common, but to others I guess it is not?  My first name is an Irish name and my last name is a French name. So I don't get why others don't think it is common, or say it right or want to put an "a" at the end of my first name.  I say their name correct, why can't they say my name correct? And my first name is spelled in a plain way, nothing fancy. So I don't get it. 

• Cheers 1
On 10/15/2022 at 6:59 PM, brilac said:

When I was growing up, I always wanted a keychain or hairbrush, etc with my name on it, and I never saw my name with something like that on it, but when I was 10, I found a hairbrush with my name on it and spelled the same way.  I instantly wanted it and my mother bought the hairbrush.  

This week, I had two people say my name ending with an "a" and someone call me something else.  I let it go those times, biting my tongue, whatever.  

To me, my first and last name is very common, but to others I guess it is not?  My first name is an Irish name and my last name is a French name. So I don't get why others don't think it is common, or say it right or want to put an "a" at the end of my first name.  I say their name correct, why can't they say my name correct? And my first name is spelled in a plain way, nothing fancy. So I don't get it. 

Ive been working with a someone at my work for 4 years and he mispronounces my name, but i feel awkward correcting them now. My name is very common, only a one letter change, but too weird now.

• Cheers 2

I liked looking for my name on stuff like that, too. My name isn't super common (but it's not unique either) so I'd only see it on stuff once in awhile. 

It always baffles me when people can't spell my name. It's a pretty easy name to spell and not like there are multiple ways of spelling it either. 

• Cheers 2

I decided I'm taking a day trip down to San Francisco months from now.  I had 2 days to use the remaining credit from the airline, and could not decide if Palm Springs, Los Angeles, or San Francisco for a day trip, and decided on San Francisco.  I used to go there for day trips years ago.  I could walk over to Fillmore ST and then over to Haight Ashbury and down to that park and then along the waterfront and back to Union Square.  I don't know how San Francisco is these days.  I could also walk that zig zag street. 

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

So the train service is back, even though it was probably back in service a while ago from Seattle to Vancouver.  I checked tonight.  I also checked the bus service, and Kenmore Air, they are back in service for flights from Seattle to Vancouver, and I even checked Alaska Air, and FlixBus, Greyhound, and Quick Shuttle. It's all back in service for trips to and from Vancouver. 

Did you know that Greyhound has a 10pm departure time from Vancouver, arriving in Seattle at 2:20am?  I could go to Canucks games! But then again, who wants to be in downtown Seattle at 2:20am??! 

Something to think about - a day trip to Vancouver. 

• Cheers 2
On 10/22/2022 at 12:25 PM, brilac said:

I bought a big bag of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups thinking I was getting more bang for my buck instead of buying the individual candy bars, and the size of the peanut butter cups in the bag are smaller.  Hmmm, not fun. 

Shrinkflation is so bad nowadays.  I used to love Reese Peanut Butter Sticks, sooo good.

• Cheers 1

To me, my first and last name is very common, but to others I guess it is not?

British comedian Jimmy Carr, talking about a lady named Aurora says " That's a name you don't hear every day" to which she replied  "Actually, I do". :)

Ps

Jimmy is very, very funny-but works 'blue' as it is called. Quite profane, and funny.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

I grind my teeth and I bit down between my upper and lower teeth.  Today I was bitting down when the upper and lower front teeth were hitting, and bit a little chip off my front tooth while thinking, and I was really thinking.  The tooth that now has the chip, had bonding on it to even it up a few months ago, and my dentist told me what could happen, and it did happen, about 30 minutes ago.  I cannot see it when I smile, but if I look really close, it is there.  I was thinking about calling the dentist, but he was right and I told him that lets go with the bonding and see what happens.  If it gets worse, then I will give his office a call. 

• Cheers 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 1:23 PM, brilac said:

I grind my teeth and I bit down between my upper and lower teeth.  Today I was bitting down when the upper and lower front teeth were hitting, and bit a little chip off my front tooth while thinking, and I was really thinking.  The tooth that now has the chip, had bonding on it to even it up a few months ago, and my dentist told me what could happen, and it did happen, about 30 minutes ago.  I cannot see it when I smile, but if I look really close, it is there.  I was thinking about calling the dentist, but he was right and I told him that lets go with the bonding and see what happens.  If it gets worse, then I will give his office a call. 

I got my first tooth yanked last week, on of my wisdom teeth.  The sensitivity was insane so it had to go.  Surprisingly pretty painless, I never needed any pain meds.

Edited by Tre Mac
19 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I got my first tooth yanked last week, on of my wisdom teeth.  The sensitivity was insane so it had to go.  Surprisingly pretty painless, I never needed any pain meds.

I got my wisdom teeth pulled when I was 21.  I was put under and when I woke up, I really wanted Taco Bell and kept passing out and they had wheel chair me out.  I was prescribed pain meds and didn't need them.  They made me pretty woozy. I went to the grocery store after taking them and left half my groceries there after paying for them.  I had to walk back to the grocery to get my groceries, and they were still there at the check out.  

• Cheers 1

I was looking at pictures of me from 3 years ago and I look younger, and today - my skin is dry, my lips are dry, my hair is dry, my face is dry, and I look older.  I've been frugal and doing with I have and especially with the cheap shampoo, body wash, and face products.

I'm very tempted to go to Nordstrom, make a list before hand, and have an associate help me; them that I need products that help with the dryness with my face, lips, hair, skin. And, plus - I need two pairs of jeans, which is a want.  

• Cheers 1
On 11/12/2022 at 9:13 PM, brilac said:

I am stocked on skin care! I went to Bellevue and got skincare products and 2 pairs of jeans.  Lol - I got so excited over Levis! I was like - woah, these are vintage like! I never knew of the day that I would get excited over Levis...

I get that, I think the older we get the easier it is to get excited about things we wouldn't have got easily in the past.

Heck I got excited over a 2003 Ford ranger 4x4 I bought recently, why? Because when it was new it was $32,000 and I drooled over them back in the day when I couldn't afford one, I bought mine 2 years ago I bought it with 137,000 kms, I was giddy!  

Edited by iceman64
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • 3 weeks later...