Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic


Tre Mac

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

You are probably pretty popular at work...especially if you do other peoples work....but I think it all depends on how much you like what you are doing..I have had jobs where I had to be shoved out the door in the morning and others where I couldnt wait to get there.

 

I get assigned many tasks at work.  My boss knows I can get it done and get it done right away.  I am actually reserved at work.  Everyone knows I love Hockey, that the Habs and Canucks are my favorites.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, luckylager said:

Lmao

Co-workers would do that? They sound like losers.

Seniority doesn't necessarily change the fact you work with losers, it just changes which losers you work with. 

Loserism is a workplace environment issue. 

Most of my co-workers are great. But honestly, there's no way my boss would know that I left a few minutes early unless someone complained about it. The worst part is I have worked late without complaint or compensation most days this summer. We went through a lot of turnover and turmoil in the upper part of our organization. I sometimes worked up to seven hours without a coffee break or even a lunch break. Sessed la vy

 

Caution: Sour Grapes-Don't Wine.

 

 

Edited by RWMc1
Link to comment

So I was at the doctor's office yesterday.  First off I want to say it's a total waste of time to have to book an appointment only to have the doc tell you test results.  That being said, or err typed, I could hear everything in the other rooms!  I thought, ok this is creepy and I have a very bassy voice that I am sure now everyone else in the office can hear.  One of his patients was an eldery lady and well, taking up a lot of his time.  It was at this point I realized I could just click on my name on his computer and check the results myself lol.  I didn't because I thought of Elaine and that episode of Seinfeld with her medical records.

 

Anywhoo ladies, I am std/sti free and have normal cholesterol levels and blood pressure.  Get at me.:emot-parrot:

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:45 AM, Shift-4 said:

The headline read:  The Nine Best Times to Have Sex

 

Nine?

There is only one best time to have sex. That's RIGHT NOW. B) 

Nine times eh?  Is this based on time of day or days in the year?  I prefer mornings. 

 

One hour and 15min to kill before the weekend and my epic plans!!!  Heard there is fresh paint that needs supervision.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment

I am so bored right now that I am thinking about going to bed.  The programming on TV is boring.  I am not drinking wine nor champagne, that's for next weekend.  I was sick on Wednesday with a high fever and needed to get well, and bought some ZzzQuil, and it worked. I was surprised. Felt better the next day. 

Link to comment
On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:25 PM, brilac said:

I am so bored right now that I am thinking about going to bed.  The programming on TV is boring.  I am not drinking wine nor champagne, that's for next weekend.  I was sick on Wednesday with a high fever and needed to get well, and bought some ZzzQuil, and it worked. I was surprised. Felt better the next day. 

I love ZzzQuil, anything that helps me to sleep when I feel ill is a good thing.  It gets so noisy in my building at times.

Link to comment

I really like the Swedish Fish and Sour Patch candy, and just discovered that 2 small bags equals110 calories instead of 1. All along I have been eating 1 bag, thinking it was 1 serving.  Does this mean, I can have more, making up for the loss calories this week?!  I think I will have a small bag of the mini oreos! 

Link to comment
On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:34 PM, brilac said:

I really like the Swedish Fish and Sour Patch candy, and just discovered that 2 small bags equals110 calories instead of 1. All along I have been eating 1 bag, thinking it was 1 serving.  Does this mean, I can have more, making up for the loss calories this week?!  I think I will have a small bag of the mini oreos! 

I loved Sour Patch Kids and the sour coke bottles but they do a number on your mouth.  It's like edible chewing tobacco for kids in a way.  I used to be a sugar junkie but been trying to curb that.  Now I'll just have the occasional chocolate croissant from Cobs bread and a whole bunch of strawberry honey on some country grain toast(it's soooo good).

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I loved Sour Patch Kids and the sour coke bottles but they do a number on your mouth.  It's like edible chewing tobacco for kids in a way.  I used to be a sugar junkie but been trying to curb that.  Now I'll just have the occasional chocolate croissant from Cobs bread and a whole bunch of strawberry honey on some country grain toast(it's soooo good).

 

Yeah, I went to the dentist recently, and had zero cavities.  I really enjoy the candy, chocolate, sweets, and dessert.

Link to comment

I hate month ends.  The last weekday of the month are my most busiest days.  So while everyone is getting ready for Halloween I am stuck in some warehouse waiting for an aging workforce to complete their jobs.  I started at 6:30am so it's been 11hours and probably won't be out of here until tonight.  Yeah it pays good and I do get OT but my time is more important than money.  They also did a McD's run so I have to watch them eat as well and I refuse to eat that crap although it smells delicious.  So here I am on an empty stomach coming off a cold waiting.........  Ah the boredom:angry:

Link to comment

Alright the Sunday Delight!  The all important taste test!

 

Which is better?!!

 

The Hershey's Symphony bar with Almonds and Toffee I got in Seattle

                                           OR

The Hershey's Almonds & Toffee bar I got in Vancouver

 

After purchasing the bars, making a second trip up to Vancouver/going to see the Canucks play, I needed to purchase this Almonds & Toffee bar.  I was in love with it the first time, and could not find this bar in Seattle! 

 

So here it is and paired with coffee: 

 

Winner:  The Hershey's Symphony bar!!!!!!

 

It's sweeter and has more toffee in it, but less almonds. I have a sweet tooth and really like toffee.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
48 minutes ago, brilac said:

Alright the Sunday Delight!  The all important taste test!

 

Which is better?!!

 

The Hershey's Symphony bar with Almonds and Toffee I got in Seattle

                                           OR

The Hershey's Almonds & Toffee bar I got in Vancouver

 

After purchasing the bars, making a second trip up to Vancouver/going to see the Canucks play, I needed to purchase this Almonds & Toffee bar.  I was in love with it the first time, and could not find this bar in Seattle! 

 

So here it is and paired with coffee: 

 

Winner:  The Hershey's Symphony bar!!!!!!

 

It's sweeter and has more toffee in it, but less almonds. I have a sweet tooth and really like toffee.

well...we can put that one to bed...:P

Link to comment

T'was my b-day on Monday and this girl that's been stringing me along for the past 4 months couldn't be bothered to even send a birthday text.  Our birthdays are exactly 7 days apart and she even asked about it on Saturday.  She's going to regret treating Tre Mac like this!  The worse part is she lives in my building so this is going to get awkward quick.  I feel pretty pathetic for putting up with this for quite some time but I absolutely hate being alone, especially this time of year.

 

At least the election is over, so sick of everyone talking about it.  It would be alright if we were actually American.  I just do see how this will impact our day to day lives aside from the economic ramifications that usually occur whenever someone new is elected. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

I recently tried the sauna in our building and my god I was surprised how good of condition it is still in!  Apparently only one other person is using it so it's like having my own personal sauna.  I use the one at the pool so to know there is a empty one literally a few steps from my door is a godsend.  So for this past week I have been using it twice a day, trying to detox myself lol.  It's got a shower beside it that gets glacial cold so it's total hydrotherapy.  On Friday night I used it at 1am then went outside the emergency exit in just a towel, it was so relaxing.  Now I just gotta get me a female sauna buddy!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
  • 6 months later...

Sitting at the park in South Lake Union looking at the water with my red sunglasses enjoying the sun, and may go to Happy Hour at the Flying Fish. I'm thinking wine.  Today was the cat's birthday! And yes I celebrate the cat's birthday every year since she turned 1.  She's 12 now, and I got her at 6 weeks, and she came with a birth certificate saying she was born on June 30th, 2005. The person who gave the batch of kittens to the pet store made birth certificates for each kitten.  And today Ms. Sally Jayne got kitty treats and her favorite cat nip. Boy does she love kitty treats and cat nip! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...