The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Definitive Thread of Unequivocal Boredom

Rate this topic

Tre Mac

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

26 minutes into my 8-hour workday and I'm already done my duties. It's probable that more work will come in at some point, but I'm currently waiting for CDC to entertain me.

I wish that was the case for me. Our office closed early today, so everyone got to leave at 12. Meanwhile, I ended up staying another 2 hours because of all the work I needed to get done. The annoying part is that our accounts person basically got me to do some of her work for her, so she got to leave early (and will be on a 2-week holiday to boot). 

I wonder if being too helpful is a bad thing sometimes lol 

• Cheers 1

I'm a little freaked out right now.  I heard a bang right by my front window, and I peaked out, and there was a woman there, standing there on my property, and continued to stand there, and then sat down.  I got on my shoes, and went out the front door of the building instead of my door for safety reasons.  She looked at me, and said - Sorry, is this your place?  I'm waiting for an Uber and sorry I banged into your window, and proceeded to look at her phone while sitting down in front of my window.  I was like okay, and went back inside.  I didn't really know what to do, since it is not common for someone to bang into someone's window and then sit down casually, and still be casual about it when I approached her.   I don't know if this is the relaxed culture around here and/or if she was drunk, and thought my window was a nice spot to sit by, and in my private entry way.

This is also a safety issue for me and for her.  She could have gotten hurt as well as there could have been ice in the entry way.

Edited by brilac

So the new bachelor on ABC, Arie looks a whole lot someone I used to date years ago, except the guy I dated had curly hair, but the facial features and hair color are the same, and both have uncommon names that start with an "A."  I was even talking about it with my mother this evening when she asked me what I thought about the new bachelor, and she thought the same.  

We met 10 years ago.  I was out bar hopping on Capitol Hill with a friend, and we decided to go across the street to this French restaurant.  We sat at the bar, and at the end of the bar was a guy drinking a bottle of wine.  He approached us, and I asked him about his bottle of wine, and he showed me, and was from my favorite winery out on the Olympic Peninsula.  My friend left, and we ended up drinking wine the whole night.  After that he was my crush.  My mother liked him as well as my cat. And I would get kind of shy when I would call him and when he could call me to ask what I was doing.  Oh boy would get so excited when meeting up with him! Then he went down to California for a while, and we lost contact.  Then years later, I got off the bus on my way home at a different stop that I hardly got off at.  I started walking home, and while stopped at the crosswalk, a man beside me says my name, and I look over, and there he is!  We hit it off just like that.  Within minutes of talking to each other, he asked me if I wanted to go grab a drink, and it was just like old times.  Then his dad started ailing, and he went down to California a lot, and he feel apart when his dad passed away.  I don't know really what happened to him.  The last time he came over, he asked me for money, and kept asking me, saying he had no money to pay the rent, and was going from job to job.  I gave him money, trusting him, and he made excuses of why he couldn't pay me back, and never paid me back, and after a while we no longer spoke with each other, and I wanted to have a word with him and hunt him down.  My mother and her husband live on an island, and he grew up there, and many people know him, so I had an idea where he was - there or California.  My mother saw him on the bus on day, and boy did I want to purposely take that bus at the time she saw him on the weekday to hunt him down, and sit right next to him, and get off at the same stop.

But today, if I saw him, I would say hi, and if I had coffee or a drink with him, I would converse with him nicely, and leave it at that. 

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:25 PM, brilac said:

So the new bachelor on ABC, Arie looks a whole lot someone I used to date years ago, except the guy I dated had curly hair, but the facial features and hair color are the same, and both have uncommon names that start with an "A."  I was even talking about it with my mother this evening when she asked me what I thought about the new bachelor, and she thought the same.  

We met 10 years ago.  I was out bar hopping on Capitol Hill with a friend, and we decided to go across the street to this French restaurant.  We sat at the bar, and at the end of the bar was a guy drinking a bottle of wine.  He approached us, and I asked him about his bottle of wine, and he showed me, and was from my favorite winery out on the Olympic Peninsula.  My friend left, and we ended up drinking wine the whole night.  After that he was my crush.  My mother liked him as well as my cat. And I would get kind of shy when I would call him and when he could call me to ask what I was doing.  Oh boy would get so excited when meeting up with him! Then he went down to California for a while, and we lost contact.  Then years later, I got off the bus on my way home at a different stop that I hardly got off at.  I started walking home, and while stopped at the crosswalk, a man beside me says my name, and I look over, and there he is!  We hit it off just like that.  Within minutes of talking to each other, he asked me if I wanted to go grab a drink, and it was just like old times.  Then his dad started ailing, and he went down to California a lot, and he feel apart when his dad passed away.  I don't know really what happened to him.  The last time he came over, he asked me for money, and kept asking me, saying he had no money to pay the rent, and was going from job to job.  I gave him money, trusting him, and he made excuses of why he couldn't pay me back, and never paid me back, and after a while we no longer spoke with each other, and I wanted to have a word with him and hunt him down.  My mother and her husband live on an island, and he grew up there, and many people know him, so I had an idea where he was - there or California.  My mother saw him on the bus on day, and boy did I want to purposely take that bus at the time she saw him on the weekday to hunt him down, and sit right next to him, and get off at the same stop.

But today, if I saw him, I would say hi, and if I had coffee or a drink with him, I would converse with him nicely, and leave it at that. 

Sorry it didn't turn out well.  It sucks when friends/lovers ask for money, it usually means an end to the relationship is near.  I've giving out money to a girl before, thought the relationship would last or at the very least I'd get paid back but neither happened lol.  Live and learn I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it took four months but I am finally caught up at work.  We have a new manager and the difference has been night and day in terms of all the changes from the previous management.  Now there is some normality to my days and I can finally post in my favorite thread again with regularityB)

Happy Friday - week two almost in the books.

Been dodging the cold for 2 months at my work but I think it finally caught up to me.  So the last two days I've been spending a lot of time in the sauna.  I effin love saunas!  Yesterday I did two visits, each for an hour at 150ªF and drank about 4L of water.  Been trying to nuke this cold without taking any cold medicine, I think it's working.  I don't feel the effects as much,  just a stuffy nose and my ear is kind of plugged but compared to my co-workers who practically had to be stretchered out of here I think I am fighting this virus like a champ. 

• 1 month later...

I'm sitting here, using my phone, there's no electricity in 5+ units right now, including me, and I don't have much to do.  I'm cold, sitting here in the dark.  The electricity went out about 6:30pm, and I went over to the breaker box and flipped some switches back and fourth, and nothing.  Then I went outside to look at the other units, and met another tenant who was having the same issue. I advised I was calling maintenance.  And then we all met in the lobby, more came.  Now at 8:06pm, the maintenance person is calling the city.  Good luck with that! I had the opportunity to speak with them I think 2 weeks ago, and that was something.  

Now I decided to go find heat.  And I found a heater in the lounge, and watching ice skating.

Edited by brilac
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, brilac said:

I'm sitting here, using my phone, there's no electricity in 5+ units right now, including me, and I don't have much to do.  I'm cold, sitting here in the dark.  The electricity went out about 6:30pm, and I went over to the breaker box and flipped some switches back and fourth, and nothing.  Then I went outside to look at the other units, and met another tenant who was having the same issue. I advised I was calling maintenance.  And then we all met in the lobby, more came.  Now at 8:06pm, the maintenance person is calling the city.  Good luck with that! I had the opportunity to speak with them I think 2 weeks ago, and that was something.  

Now I decided to go find heat.  And I found a heater in the lounge, and watching ice skating.

Yeah not a good time for a power outage when its freezing outside.

So besides the power not working.  I'm going to a Canucks game in March, and am deciding how to get there - train, plane, bus.  And I just thought of the time when I was taking the bus home from Vancouver, and these people on another bus got busted for drugs at the border.  It was interesting because the majority of the people on the bus were senior citizens, and they were all on the bus sitting in circles all concerned.  It was an Amtrak bus, and they cancelled the train, and bussed everyone to Seattle.  I remember it taking a while to go thru customs, and then when talking to an agent, they were asking tons of questions.  And all I could think was - what's his problem?! Before I knew what happened.

15 hours ago, brilac said:

So besides the power not working.  I'm going to a Canucks game in March, and am deciding how to get there - train, plane, bus.  And I just thought of the time when I was taking the bus home from Vancouver, and these people on another bus got busted for drugs at the border.  It was interesting because the majority of the people on the bus were senior citizens, and they were all on the bus sitting in circles all concerned.  It was an Amtrak bus, and they cancelled the train, and bussed everyone to Seattle.  I remember it taking a while to go thru customs, and then when talking to an agent, they were asking tons of questions.  And all I could think was - what's his problem?! Before I knew what happened.

I've always wanted to ride a train.  My friends were planning a trip to Vegas for a game and I joked if I could take a train instead of flying.  I was practically raised on a boat but have never flown before and at this rate probably never will. 

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I've always wanted to ride a train.  My friends were planning a trip to Vegas for a game and I joked if I could take a train instead of flying.  I was practically raised on a boat but have never flown before and at this rate probably never will. 

You're not missing much.

Edited by Guest

So the cable company and I have been on great terms.  It's like I cannot believe this?!  It's like ever since the WA state Attorney General filed a lawsuit against them a while back, they have really straightened up! It's like, when I call, it can be a pleasure to speak with them.  My bill is great, they do follow-up call calls (which I never answer), they're positive, and even today, when I called to see why my auto-pay card was declined, they put me on hold, and spoke another department, and got back on the line with me, and explained that the card number got erased somehow, and they could not get a payment with no card on file.  And I said, no problem, and they said, we understand that it is not a problem for you, but we are sorry this happened.  And I said that I will make one time payments every month, and said thank you, and the rep said thank you, and that was a pleasant call.  So they have really turned around, and I am getting my Internet on the cheap. Like $41.00 including tax for really fast Internet.  

9 hours ago, brilac said:

So the cable company and I have been on great terms.  It's like I cannot believe this?!  It's like ever since the WA state Attorney General filed a lawsuit against them a while back, they have really straightened up! It's like, when I call, it can be a pleasure to speak with them.  My bill is great, they do follow-up call calls (which I never answer), they're positive, and even today, when I called to see why my auto-pay card was declined, they put me on hold, and spoke another department, and got back on the line with me, and explained that the card number got erased somehow, and they could not get a payment with no card on file.  And I said, no problem, and they said, we understand that it is not a problem for you, but we are sorry this happened.  And I said that I will make one time payments every month, and said thank you, and the rep said thank you, and that was a pleasant call.  So they have really turned around, and I am getting my Internet on the cheap. Like $41.00 including tax for really fast Internet.  

I am going to cut my cable.  I thought about how much tv I acutally watch:  5min of news in the mourning, Canucks, and Seinfeld/King of the Hill reruns when I cook dinner.  Add all that up and that doesn't come close to justifying my astronomical cable bill.  I assume you Americans pay a lot cheaper cable rates then we do, seems like us folks in BC pay the most in N. America for a lot of things: Gas, Cable, Internet, mutual fund fees, insurance, etc.

The only problem is going to be watching the Canucks.

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I am going to cut my cable.  I thought about how much tv I acutally watch:  5min of news in the mourning, Canucks, and Seinfeld/King of the Hill reruns when I cook dinner.  Add all that up and that doesn't come close to justifying my astronomical cable bill.  I assume you Americans pay a lot cheaper cable rates then we do, seems like us folks in BC pay the most in N. America for a lot of things: Gas, Cable, Internet, mutual fund fees, insurance, etc.

The only problem is going to be watching the Canucks.

I don't have cable, and get my hockey on the NHL channel on my Roku.  I pay a subscription to the NHL for hockey.  And then I have the Roku channel and other free channels on my Roku, and there's neat programs on the Roku channel.  I like it.  

I'm sure you can get free channels including hockey where you live by hooking up an antenna including hockey. I lived on the Olympic Peninsula in 2005 and got many Canadian channels including hockey like on City TV and CBC. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes I have a hard time falling asleep, and tonight is one of them.  I have so much energy in my legs, and my head is a little sleepy, so I am cleaning.  I have the dishwasher going, and I am putting things away.  I would vacuum and do the laundry, but that makes noise, and it's supposed to be quiet hours.  If the gym was open, I would go running, and today I went to the gym, and did a very intense workout with strength training and running, and I ate healthy except for the Easter candy, which was not that much.  So I will continue cleaning, and I may work on my quilt.  

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:25 AM, brilac said:

Sometimes I have a hard time falling asleep, and tonight is one of them.  I have so much energy in my legs, and my head is a little sleepy, so I am cleaning.  I have the dishwasher going, and I am putting things away.  I would vacuum and do the laundry, but that makes noise, and it's supposed to be quiet hours.  If the gym was open, I would go running, and today I went to the gym, and did a very intense workout with strength training and running, and I ate healthy except for the Easter candy, which was not that much.  So I will continue cleaning, and I may work on my quilt.  

That sucks.  I am so lucky our building has a sauna, that is a life changer!  After a half hour in that I fall asleep relatively easy, until the yappy little dogs next door start barking but that's why I run an industrial fan in my room to try and drown out all that outside noise. 

11 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

That sucks.  I am so lucky our building has a sauna, that is a life changer!  After a half hour in that I fall asleep relatively easy, until the yappy little dogs next door start barking but that's why I run an industrial fan in my room to try and drown out all that outside noise. 

Yeah it does suck. But it has improved since I stopped drinking wine since December, which took a month to improve.  I was tired today, and exhausted when I left work, and now I am awake at 9:54pm.  

On 3/25/2018 at 2:25 AM, brilac said:

Is it typically a leg issue for you?  My wife has restless legs, and takes some magnesium supplements to help calm them down.  Most of the time now, it's not an issue for her, but if she is having a particularly bad day, she covers them up (legs, not the supplements ;) )  with a blanket to take the edge away.

I was incredibly bored today, and popped into WN.  When I saw this thread title, I thought it was a good place to check out again.  If my advice is any good for you, it will be nice to have something good come of it.

On 3/30/2018 at 12:43 PM, Kragar said:

Is it typically a leg issue for you?  My wife has restless legs, and takes some magnesium supplements to help calm them down.  Most of the time now, it's not an issue for her, but if she is having a particularly bad day, she covers them up (legs, not the supplements ;) )  with a blanket to take the edge away.

I was incredibly bored today, and popped into WN.  When I saw this thread title, I thought it was a good place to check out again.  If my advice is any good for you, it will be nice to have something good come of it.

I don't think it is a leg issue.  My sleeping pattern has been messed up for a long time.  I was taking something that starts with a M that makes people fall asleep, but it would make me groggy the next day, and I would drink tons of cofee to even it out.

I had tons of energy when I wrote the post above at 2:25am.  I wanted to do do do, get all that energy out of me.