The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] David Booth with Anaheim

elvis15

4 hours ago, Monty said:

Here come the anti hunting keyboard warriors. 

3 hours ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

Too bad he had that concussion, could've been more than worthless to us.

The guy is a disgrace though. Way too soft and loves Jesus too much. And he kills animals. 

25 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Kes, keep him away from ropes. 

That's funny, the team just be on some of those if they don't challenge for the Cup this season.  
#NewSharks #Underachievers

Wouldn't be surprised if they did keep him as part of their bottom 6 though, he does have speed and size to make it work. 

Genuinely nice guy. Not your average guy, interesting character. 

imo torts ruined him the last year... Hope he can regain form with someone outside our division. Lots of ptos... Wouldn't be surprised if he gets on one team 

I've always loved Booth. He fell off the radar because of all the injuries, both to the knees and to the head. He started playing scared after his last concussion, which is absolutely fair, as you don't want to ruin your life because you took a cheap hit from someone again. 
I've also liked Booth as a person. Despite him being a hockey player, I'm glad that it wasn't his first priority in life. His first priority was his family and his faith and I respect that, and I think that's how life should be approached.

The bashing of religion is absolutely uncalled for and callous. Sorry that he doesn't fit that mould that you want to see from an NHL player, where the only thing in life is merely playing hockey so that they can please you, the fan. I'm sure you have things you put ahead of your career, they are no different. I feel that he kept his faith quite to himself, if you watched an interview where he talked about it, then that's no ones fault but yours, if you don't want to know about it, don't watch it. Let him live his life. 

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

What's the hunting like in Anaheim?

Not great. There's some stuff in the area, but nothing worth noting.

Oh wait, you're not asking because you've actually ever hunted before or because you understand why it's been done throughout history and why people continue to do it. You're asking sarcastically, because you think you're morally better. Got it.

Just now, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Not cool dude. Let's keep religion out of this. We are talking about a PTO for David Booth, not debating religion in White Noise. 

But that's what you're doing.  You're going out of your way to stick up for something that has nothing to do with the topic.  And it really is indefensible.

Some of us hated Booth, and some didn't; we're discussing that.

• -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic
3 hours ago, TheOgRook said:

As a vegan, what is your favourite dish? ;) 

Not a Vegan. David Booth hunts bears, does that mean he eats them?

Bears are a keystone species at the top of the food chain. Killing animals like these cause a great harm to the ecosystems we are a part of. If you are in university you should take an ecology class. 

29 minutes ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

Bears are a keystone species at the top of the food chain. Killing animals like these cause a great harm to the ecosystems we are a part of. If you are in university you should take an ecology class. 

If you are not a vegan you are being hypocritical.  Preaching to the wrong person here bud.  Hunters and fisherman do a lot more to preserve this great land than any keyboard warrior.  Eating food does not come without great harm in some way to some thing.  It's about minimizing the effects.  Lol ecology class! 

42 minutes ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

And in many cases, animals become overpopulated and population control is enforced through legal hunting seasons.

Archived