The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Royal Visit - Why are they royal?

JV77

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

A fortuitous breeze is such a wonderful thing.

Not just those, a French paparazzo used a huge telephoto lens and got some snapshots of everything while she was on vacation with her hubby.  If you're a total perv like me, they are worth a Google search.

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Is...is school just failing that many people or are some of you really not just paying attention?

Some people enjoy being deliberately obtuse as they think they're making a salient point by doing so.

Speaking of deliberately obtuse, is the OP still posting in this thread or has he left us to keep it going without him?

4 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Some people enjoy being deliberately obtuse as they think they're making a salient point by doing so.

Speaking of deliberately obtuse, is the OP still posting in this thread or has he left us to keep it going without him?

Hockey site?  Can you use proper jargon for us ex player types, who see CDC as a locker room?  B)

8 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

He's put in a few extra posts.  He's still semi-participating.  He's taken a few punches by a few posters so he's laying a bit low. 

Just now, gurn said:

Op starts thread because he feels inferior to everybody including Royal family. Tries to get everyone to feel inferior to the Royal Family, thus he  can become part of the majority.

Majority sees his goal, laughs and moves on.

Don't forget the American taking a few potshots at Canada. :lol:

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Cause that's all you have on us ;)  You enjoy, while we enjoy living in the greatest country on earth.  Coming from the land where Trump is a presidential candidate and the Kardashians are idolized, you are fighting a losing battle.

Just now, TheOgRook said:

Cause that's all you have on us ;)  You enjoy, while we enjoy living in the greatest country on earth.  Coming from the land where Trump is a presidential candidate and the Kardashians are idolized, you are fighting a losing battle.

Oh puh-leeze! :rolleyes:

I'll admit though that the Trump thing is incredibly embarrassing.

1 minute ago, TheOgRook said:

Really? SabreFan1 is one of the good ones around here. Calm down

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

6 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm not too worried about what people that went to war against their lawful king say anyway. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Bocivus said:

They're NOT "royal".  They are human beings like the rest of the population.  It's only the BELIEF in "royalty" existing that makes them appear special.  It goes with things like politics, authority, religion, government etc.  These things don't exist except for in the minds of people that believe in them. 

Their family vacation to Canada is being paid by Canadian taxpayers!! 

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Image result for are you stupid gif

Dude I am a first nations/scottish individual.  I have EVERY reason to hate the british.

But really?  The UK, the monarchy and the legacy of this ENTIRE COUNTRY is based on the fact that up until less than 34 years ago; during the Canada Act signed under Trudeau...

We were British

We lived in a country called Canada but we were British citizens under the commonwealth like Australia, Hong Kong, India and so many other countries.

Without Britain we'd be French

Canada became its own independent nation in 1982.  I was technically born a citizen of the British Empire and so were a LOT of the members on this board.

Is...is school just failing that many people or are some of you really not just paying attention?

So if Canada is independent now, why is the queen still on our 20 dollar bill?  Why do new citizens or cops for an example say oath to "her majesty"? 

I don't know about you but i am born in Canada.  I am not British.  I am not French.  But according to you, we are British...

Archived