The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dead body found in former Hockey Night In Canada host George Stroumboulopoulos residence

Odd.

15 hours ago, ajhockey said:

I was referring more to the title the actual article author gave it. The OP's thread title only varies slightly from the original and I don't think the tone is any different.

The connotation for the OP's title read differently to me from the article's. Without being more wordy/longer I'm not sure it could have been much better worded other than to not mention Strombo at all.

13 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

He only stated the truth in the title...

The words may amount to the same thing but connotation affects perception.

14 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

And he may be a suspect, you just never know...

While there's always a possibility, I think you're stretching this a lot. There's a 99% chance he's only mentioned as a point of interest in a story where there'd otherwise be very little. Would the OP have even posted it here if the title was "Man found dead in LA home"?

3 hours ago, elvis15 said:

The connotation for the OP's title read differently to me from the article's. Without being more wordy/longer I'm not sure it could have been much better worded other than to not mention Strombo at all.

The words may amount to the same thing but connotation affects perception.

While there's always a possibility, I think you're stretching this a lot. There's a 99% chance he's only mentioned as a point of interest in a story where there'd otherwise be very little. Would the OP have even posted it here if the title was "Man found dead in LA home"?

Personally, I feel as though the OP didn't necessarily have a responsibility to fix the original author's click-bait title. To me, that would have been a nice and respectable thing for him to do, but not something that was his responsibility. Just my opinion on it though.

On 23/09/2016 at 5:32 PM, elvis15 said:

Why do you think the OP reworded it, he wants page views. He certainly didn't just copy the title of the article.

But sad that his friend was attacked and killed, whatever the circumstances.

You have got to be the most cynical and uptight poster I've ever encountered on a  internet forum ever. Nothing honestly ever seems to escape your scrutiny or judgement does it? 

PS. Don't forget to report me for derailing this thread or being uncivil.

7 hours ago, ajhockey said:

Personally, I feel as though the OP didn't necessarily have a responsibility to fix the original author's click-bait title. To me, that would have been a nice and respectable thing for him to do, but not something that was his responsibility. Just my opinion on it though.

Oh, I understand that, but if it's already a click bait title I'd expect him not to alter it in a way that doesn't decrease the click bait-y-ness. If he'd used the same title from the article it would have been better than what he used.

23 minutes ago, Steve23 said:

You have got to be the most cynical and uptight poster I've ever encountered on a  internet forum ever. Nothing honestly ever seems to escape your scrutiny or judgement does it? 

PS. Don't forget to report me for derailing this thread or being uncivil.

I can if you like, but the OP has done enough on a topic none of us would care about otherwise.

I've said my piece, let's let the deceased rest in peace.

Archived