The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shooting at Cascade Mall in Burlington, Washington

-Vintage Canuck-

It's only going to get worse because capitalism is dying. People won't tolerate the wealthiest 1% owning almost half of all the wealth anymore. The world is going to drastically change over the next 50 to 75 years. In the end, people will revolt (violently) and it will be brutal. We are already seeing a revolt against police in the USA, and next we will see a revolt against the wealthy. If the police become overpowered or politically neutered then there will be no one left to protect the rich. Don't think for one second this is science fiction. Not even close. In fact, the thought of a bunch of poor people rising up and killing the rich, or simply taking the wealth back, or electing a government to do it for them, is rather tame compared to the world's history (World War II and the Civil War, for example). All it will take is a spark. Who will protect the 1%?

Just now, DonaldBrashear said:

It's only going to get worse because capitalism is dying. People won't tolerate the wealthiest 1% owning almost half of all the wealth anymore. The world is going to drastically change over the next 50 to 75 years. In the end, people will revolt (violently) and it will be brutal. We are already seeing a revolt against police in the USA, and next we will see a revolt against the wealthy. If the police become overpowered or politically neutered then there will be no one left to protect the rich. Don't think for one second this is science fiction. Not even close. In fact, the thought of a bunch of poor people rising up and killing the rich, or simply taking the wealth back, or electing a government to do it for them, is rather tame compared to the world's history (World War II and the Civil War, for example). All it will take is a spark. Who will protect the 1%?

the younger generations can take care of changing the world.   Imy too old and set in my ways in my late 20s lol.

things will naturally balance out.   I'm sure the top 1% would rather share their wealth then lose it and the power they control.

I'm an old fart in a semi young body lol

Just now, DonaldBrashear said:

That happened in the 19th Century, then technology changes and the old money, unless it adapted gradually spent out. 

It might take a economic upheaval like the Great Depression to bring some order back, and regulations again. The BS of economists saying regulations "hurt" business. When in reality it helps avoid monopolies. If you are good at what you do, be it a plumber, making widgets, or aircraft. If you are smart you can make a sustainable profit. We have to stop this "get rich quick" mentality, and set up companies that are competitive for generations, and sustainability is more than just lip service. 

6 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

If I am in the 1% and I have earned it, do the other 99% think they dont have to earn it? The problem I see with this (and it's many youtube videos of people saying "GIVE us some of the 1%) is who the +×÷= are they to say give them anything. Go earn it. Life is not a giant handout.

3 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

And the Dems have been doing so well with it all lately

there all crooked.  if trump wins and actually changes things I would probably actually have a heart attack.  

I'm 28 years old.  the first president I remember is George W Bush.  the first person I saw challenge Bush was his cousin John Kerry.

I haven't seen an election in my lifetime that hasn't had 2 establishment talking heads.

at least in Canada it appears at least to the eye test we have an honest election process.  feel bad for us citizens.

Just now, Rush17 said:

there all crooked.  if trump wins and actually changes things I would probably actually have a heart attack.  

I'm 28 years old.  the first president I remember is George W Bush.  the first person I saw challenge Bush was his cousin John Kerry.

I haven't seen an election in my lifetime that hasn't had 2 establishment talking heads.

at least in Canada it appears at least to the eye test we have an honest election process.  feel bad for us citizens.

America could start voting in independent candidates.  That would send a huge message to both parties. 

1 minute ago, Realtor Rod said:

If I am in the 1% and I have earned it, do the other 99% think they dont have to earn it? The problem I see with this (and it's many youtube videos of people saying "GIVE us some of the 1%) is who the +×÷= are they to say give them anything. Go earn it. Life is not a giant handout.

I'm in the top 1% of earners in the world.   if you make 30k + you are in the top 1% in the world.

obviously 1% earners isn't the same as the elite 1%s of our culture.  cost of living is crazy here

16 minutes ago, brilac said:

I was in Quebec two weeks ago - Montreal and Quebec City, and everyone is super nice there.  Even in Quebec City.  I don't say much, and everyone speaks French to me, and people ask me for directions.  I was even at the train station and the attendant was speaking French to me telling me which seat I was in and which car, and then spoke English to the people behind me.

Attention single CDCers.....I repeat....this person is hot!  lol

1 minute ago, DonaldBrashear said:

You can listen to the Police/Fire/Ambulance radio here: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/4958/web

It is intense, because they are still looking for him.

There's like 30,000 people listening!

Maybe the gunman is listening to this and evading them.... seems like they should digitalize this.

I would but I've had my weekly quota of depressing news.   sad news to bad not everyone can afford shrink.

7 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I'm in the top 1% of earners in the world.   if you make 30k + you are in the top 1% in the world.

obviously 1% earners isn't the same as the elite 1%s of our culture.  cost of living is crazy here

If that's true, they should really shut their mouths. Either way, no one owes anyone a handout.

Archived