The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shooting at Cascade Mall in Burlington, Washington

-Vintage Canuck-

14 hours ago, brilac said:

The Island is really pretty!  I used to go there a lot back in 2005-2007.

No its not its terrible here.  You guys wouldn't like it. Its too relaxed. You'd hate it....getting home at 4:30 everyday. ...ten minutes to the beach....five minute drive to work....I wouldn't wish this on my best friend.

1 hour ago, Toews said:

The Republicans negotiating with President Blackenstein? C'mon Kragar there is no need to pretend to be this naive. Pretty sure many of them would have been terrified to even step into a room with someone they believed to be a Muslim born in Kenya.

Regardless though it is a pretty predictable attempt to pin all the blame on one side. You can only sit down to negotiate if the other side is actually interested in working together to come up with an amicable solution. That was probably a lost cause the moment Blackenstein took the oath.

Actually the GOP controlled congress tried to negotiate and compromise with Obama right from the beginning in 2008 Obama was having none of it. His comments , I won, you lost. . 

20 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

No its not its terrible here.  You guys wouldn't like it. Its too relaxed. You'd hate it....getting home at 4:30 everyday. ...ten minutes to the beach....five minute drive to work....I wouldn't wish this on my best friend.

shhhhhh

it's busy if u take the highway :D

Just now, Vanisleryan said:

Actually today is insane with the Royal family and Trudeau in town.

yeah it really is.  I'm at break at work though so it's no sweat off my brow lol.  my dad is heading down too the Parliament too see the royal family.   

would be fun to go but I don't like large crowds I prefer quiet #safespaces lol

also some motorbike stuff at royal athletics and car racing at Western Speedway.   it's a busy day.

5 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

Actually today is insane with the Royal family and Trudeau in town.

I wonder how many more countries will discaossociate with the royal family when a king is named.  the whole women's movement will probably move several countries away from the royal family. (no one un-elected man can rule over me argument)

I asked my dad if there's ever been a king in his lifetime and he simply told me no.  makes you wonder what the perception of a king taking over even in the honorary sense.

believe it read elsewhere new Zealand plans to drop ties to the Royals when the queen leaves her post.

59 minutes ago, dominicanbob said:

Actually the GOP controlled congress tried to negotiate and compromise with Obama right from the beginning in 2008 Obama was having none of it. His comments , I won, you lost. . 

Dont confuse them with facts. They only believe what the media shows them.

38 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I wonder how many more countries will discaossociate with the royal family when a king is named.  the whole women's movement will probably move several countries away from the royal family. (no one un-elected man can rule over me argument)

I asked my dad if there's ever been a king in his lifetime and he simply told me no.  makes you wonder what the perception of a king taking over even in the honorary sense.

believe it read elsewhere new Zealand plans to drop ties to the Royals when the queen leaves her post.

Ya my wife is heading down to parliament with the kids...Im not going....Canada vs Russia alot more interesting to me...besides I actually find the security of the event more fascinating then the event itself...so much planning and things going on in the background. 

18 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

Good thing I am more educated than 'generally', whatever that even means.

I am most self taught about things.  I am by no means an expert but I've spent countless hours learning about society by experts themselves.  I think formal education certainly has a lot of great benefits though.   

congrats on your education and success though it is to be admired.  It takes a lot of work and dedication to complete a college degree.   I just don't think I have the attention span to focus on that.  

I'm a better learner when I focus on topics that interest me.  I can stay focused on a single topic for days and not get bored.  you sit me in a classroom and try and teach me something that's not intersting and I'll barely get by.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

I am most self taught about things.  I am by no means an expert but I've spent countless hours learning about society by experts themselves.  I think formal education certainly has a lot of great benefits though.   

congrats on your education and success though it is to be admired.  It takes a lot of work and dedication to complete a college degree.   I just don't think I have the attention span to focus on that.  

I'm a better learner when I focus on topics that interest me.  I can stay focused on a single topic for days and not get bored.  you sit me in a classroom and try and teach me something that's not intersting and I'll barely get by.

Some of the happiest,  wealthiest people I know are self taught. Don't sell yourself short, like the fella who commented towards me is prepared to do. 

Archived