The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shooting at Cascade Mall in Burlington, Washington

-Vintage Canuck-

16 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

Some of the happiest,  wealthiest people I know are self taught. Don't sell yourself short, like the fella who commented towards me is prepared to do. 

thanks for the encouragement my friend.   there is so much info out there were just have too look.   

love the power of the Internet!

21 hours ago, Toews said:

The Republicans negotiating with President Blackenstein? C'mon Kragar there is no need to pretend to be this naive. Pretty sure many of them would have been terrified to even step into a room with someone they believed to be a Muslim born in Kenya.

Regardless though it is a pretty predictable attempt to pin all the blame on one side. You can only sit down to negotiate if the other side is actually interested in working together to come up with an amicable solution. That was probably a lost cause the moment Blackenstein took the oath.

Great, so we are using your gut feelings now?  Well, that and the race card.  Spoken like a true modern-day liberal.  

And I see you completely overlooked the fact of Reid's 4 years of preventing Republican House-passed bills from even being discussed in the Senate, instead of voting them down and sending them back with counter proposals.  You know, like negotiations?  Yep, it's all on those darn recalcitrant Republicans.

And tell me... why is it that when Obama first got elected, and the Dems won both side of Congress, that it was a mandate of the people for support of the Dems, but when the Dems screw things up and the people take notice and start to take power away from the Dems, it's the Republicans' fault when there is resistance to Obama's policies?

52 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

The guy sitting in the front row of the POTUS debate monday is self taught. Billionaire Mark Cuban. 

true that.  many greats were self taught.  you don't always need an establishment to teach you. just need a level head and the ability to have critical thinking.

On 9/23/2016 at 10:27 PM, DeNiro said:

Alberta?

French-Canadians can be intolerant at times but I wouldn't say they're not hospitable. As long as you cheer for the Habs and hate the Leafs you'll be accepted.

I'm from BC, but now live and work in Alberta. It's not that Alberta isn't hospitable, they just don't tolerate morons here, so don't be a moron and you'll be fine.

On 9/23/2016 at 9:17 PM, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Thanks. The US is a very scary place to live these days. What's worse is that I know we don't have it even a quarter as bad as some people do in other nations. 

Depends where in the US you are at.  If you live in areas with high crime levels (Chicago South Side, parts of New Orleans LA, parts of New York City, NY,  East St. Louis, IL, South Central Los Angeles, Parts of Detroit MI,  then your chances of getting shot by a firearm are high, but for the most part your chances of getting shot at are very low. 

Do not let this deter you from visiting the US as most gun violence occurs between people who are already know each other.

Also, main stream media does not help either as they tend to report practically any gun deaths in the US whenever it happens and mostly neglects reporting about gun deaths in other countries.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 8:52 PM, clam linguine said:

I believe Quebec would be the least hospitable province toward a visible minority....but still not bad. Go for Vancouver!

Disagree. Montreal has a significant Haitian population and they seem to assimilate quite well.

When I was in Montreal in '78, everyone was quite friendly, despite my extremely limited command of French.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:48 PM, Realtor Rod said:

If I am in the 1% and I have earned it, do the other 99% think they dont have to earn it? The problem I see with this (and it's many youtube videos of people saying "GIVE us some of the 1%) is who the +×÷= are they to say give them anything. Go earn it. Life is not a giant handout.

No-one is asking for a handout.

When the 1% hide their assets in Caribbean tax havens and brag about how "smart" they are for avoiding paying taxes, it places the burden squarely on the shoulders of the 99%. Taxes don't just go down when rich douchebags don't pay their share. They stay roughly the same and the average Joe ends up paying more than his fair share.

Now we have a POTUS candidate promising yet another tax break, which will not only increase the national debt, but will largely benefit the 1%, increasing gap between the wealthy and the rest of American society. This, despite the fact that trickle down economics has time and again been shown for the scam that it is.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:57 PM, dominicanbob said:

Actually the GOP controlled congress tried to negotiate and compromise with Obama right from the beginning in 2008 Obama was having none of it. His comments , I won, you lost. . 

Right. The GOP tried to compromise with the Dems...:rolleyes:

...despite the fact that Mitch McConnell is on record saying this:

‘my number one priority is making sure president Obama’s a one-term president.’

• 6 months later...

Archived