The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schedule - Winnipeg back to back

Good_Bran_Man

I like it. Get a good rivalry going in a short period of time, reduce travel costs and it's good for the fans, like catching a concert on the 2nd night. 

I wouldn't be opposed to a baseball schedule of facing the same opponent multiple times in a week. 

As it is, travel is brutal. Vancouver is especially rough. Going from St.Louis to Florida on the road, that's not fun. Condense the away games to singular opponent trips and you avoid the added fatigue. Just an idea. 

The Canucks played many back-to-back home/home and away/away vs original Jets back in the 80's. When the Colorado Rockies moved to New Jersey, Winnipeg was placed in the Canucks' old Smythe Division. Teams would play 8 divisional games against each division rival. Because of the 2 hour time difference is why Vancouver and Winnipeg played back-to-backs in the same city. 

I think it's a cool idea but don't understand why one game is a regular while the other is regular plus.  I happily traded the regular plus for another game during ticket exchange.  Winnipeg has never been a team that I've really looked forward to watching and 1 game around the holidays against them is enough for me.

Archived