Alas, the little fellas been demoted , set has been his fate

Its no ones fault really but your only Five foot eight

Go big or go home, its the new motto on D

interesting considering our coach is maybe Five Three

Get big minutes down there and this message I will send

Your coach down there will be the coach up here before seasons end

Nicely put! :^)

6 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

As soon as we were pursuing Stecher I commented that it might mean the end of Subban.  The issue is though, what is his value and will it increase or decrease this year?  With Shinkaruk they had already been trying to move him, and pulled the trigger because they likely didn't think his value was going any higher.  Jordan does have the name going for him as well as AHL stats (as did Hunter), so if they don't think he'll make any further significant improvement then yeah, maybe they just move the contract for a pick or another team's redundant prospect.  The pitchforks will certainly be out again.

As long as the return is better than the plug we got for Shink, I have no issue with a trade.

32 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

I hope he sticks. Sbisa Larsen Biega Pedan or stecher? 

Management said they're wiling to make those hard decisions. 

If Hutton was the right choice...Stecher?!?!

Defenceman that make it I hope. In no particular order

1) Hutton 
2) Edler 
3) Gudbranson 

4) Tanev

5) Tryamkin 

6) Stecher 

7) Pedan

8) Larsen 

Benning said he will carry 8 D so these are the 8 I hope 

Biega can go back to the A. Hes a journeymen anyways 

Sbisa is sbisa... meh 

17 hours ago, Pears said:

Me too. I don't understand why he hasn't gotten longer looks. 

Watch the games then and try to look past the flashy play to the weaknesses that are keeping him away from the NHL and it's not really his size. He doesn't read the game at N HL level and he lacks awareness of what is happening around him. He carries the puck well but has no instinct of when to release a pass. His play gets his team mates in trouble a lot of the time due to losing the puck in bad situations.

I hope that helps you out.

12 hours ago, Frail Granny said:

It's politics. Nothing else. He outplayed Larsen noticeably, but still got the shaft. Merit takes a distant backseat to money yet again. 

Jeez man, don't talk rubbish. Outplaying Larsen (if indeed he did) in one game is hardly going to set him up for a career in the NHL. Come back when he shows more than Stecher or even Biega (last season)

No matter what I think having biega on the roster is probably the worst idea we could have. For gods sake he is almost 30 and just touched the nhl Regularly last year playing à very simple game. Before camp I thought hé was à good fit for thé 7 8 spot but with stecher and pedan impressing, well lets just say I know who im sending down to utica first. Either way we have Biega on our roster only 192649261o40 times better in tanev and 10 times better in sbisa. Honestly I loved his story last year but if he makes it its a joke. Stecher could use some seasoning (maybe hes the réal deal already  à la hutton) but we still have tryamkin larsen and pedan who should be much higher in our Priorities than fricking Biega. Waive him and hope he makes it to utica. Case closed.

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Jeez man, don't talk rubbish. Outplaying Larsen (if indeed he did) in one game is hardly going to set him up for a career in the NHL. Come back when he shows more than Stecher or even Biega (last season)

Well, when you're the best offensive defenseman on the teams AHL affiliate (a pro league) last year, and you only get one pre-season game, only to be sent down, eyebrows are going to be raised. Meanwhile, rookies and junior players are getting longer looks to make the team. I'm not saying Subban should have made this team, but he wasn't even given an opportunity in camp. 

7 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Defenceman that make it I hope. In no particular order

1) Hutton 
2) Edler 
3) Gudbranson 

4) Tanev

5) Tryamkin 

6) Stecher 

7) Pedan

8) Larsen 

Benning said he will carry 8 D so these are the 8 I hope 

Biega can go back to the A. Hes a journeymen anyways 

Sbisa is sbisa... meh 

Agreed - Biega should not be on the team.  He and Subban can anchor Utica's defense and help build up the Comets.

I'm really cool on Larsen but won't pass judgement just yet.  However... I MUCH prefer Sbisa on the team.

2 hours ago, Frail Granny said:

Well, when you're the best offensive defenseman on the teams AHL affiliate (a pro league) last year, and you only get one pre-season game, only to be sent down, eyebrows are going to be raised. Meanwhile, rookies and junior players are getting longer looks to make the team. I'm not saying Subban should have made this team, but he wasn't even given an opportunity in camp. 

But let's face it if the AHL was the NHL, we would have a hell of a lot more players to choose from. It is not as simple as you are making it out. There are key qualities a rookie AND an AHL player must show if they are going to be given a chance to take up a place in the PS teams.

By the way:

Subban had 36 in 67 with a +/- of -5 last season.

Sanguinetti had 40 in 61 with a +/- of +24 and he never got a sniff, he wasn't even re-signed.

My point is we are not really qualified to judge players and their suitability to play in the NHL (I know you are not saying that) and if the management have looked and didn't think anything would be gained by playing him in any more of the PS games it is because his flaws (see my post above i.e. lack of awareness etc) are things that can only be fixed by hard work and concentrated coaching in the AHL. They would be doing him no favours by glossing over these faults and building his hopes up. He is just not ready.

My personal view is there is something about Suban's attitude that might be hindering him and they are attempting to change that by "tough love" If it works he may well go all the way to the top, if not he will likely be traded/packaged or stay in the AHL.

1 hour ago, Dynamic Innovator said:

Agreed - Biega should not be on the team.  He and Subban can anchor Utica's defense and help build up the Comets.

I'm really cool on Larsen but won't pass judgement just yet.  However... I MUCH prefer Sbisa on the team.

It's going to be difficult. I'm like you, I think Sbisa would be a big asset on our revamped and physically upgraded D. 

That said, if Stecher continues to shine we may have a problem fitting him in the line up. Even if we send Biega, Larsen and Pedan down. The tragedy might be that given a couple of injuries to the D we are back in a pretty desperate situation. 

Would management prefer to do to Stecher what they did to Gaunce last year and send him back to Utica and call him up in emergency as he is waiver exempt? If he looks like he could stick that would be a sad outcome.

Edler - Tanev/ Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson

Tryampkin - Stecher/Tanev

Sbisa

Pedan, Larsen and Biega down to Utica and take our chances on waivers.

Archived