The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Conspiracy Theories

Sean Monahan

We all know CDC has its fair share of nutjobs and creative types lurking around so I figured we'd be able to hear some interesting and (probably not very) compelling conspiracy theories.

As for mine...

I'm sure you've noticed the spike in board moderating by now. b3 has been promoted to super moderator and I've now counted at least three community moderators added to the roster. I can't help but wonder what brought upon this need for added moderators and I'd imagine I'm not the only one. To me, the only logical explanation is that something radical and probably very unpopular is coming from the Canucks soon. They've instructed the CDC Overlords to prepare themselves and be ready to hand out swift, and probably unfair, punishment for any dissenters. What could this Canucks development be? There's no way of knowing for sure, but I'd imagine it would be something like a combination of Horvat/Hutton/Demko being traded, Mike Keenan being hired, or the announcement of O'Doul's as the official beer sponsor of CSE and supplier of Rogers Arena. 

Bring on the conspiracy theories- far fetched or alarmingly plausible, bring 'em on. 

2 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Sean Monahan is an NHL bigwig and made this thread to gauge how much we actually know about their conspiracies against the Canucks.

Edit: Or maybe he's trying to get good ideas for new conspiracies! Tread carefully CDC.

I think they're ready to turn CDC into a repressed fascist state. 

I should also note- please keep the usual "the league and refs are out to get the Canucks" crap outta here. I'm looking st you Apollo.

20 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

We all know CDC has its fair share of nutjobs and creative types lurking around so I figured we'd be able to hear some interesting and (probably not very) compelling conspiracy theories.

As for mine...

I'm sure you've noticed the spike in board moderating by now. b3 has been promoted to super moderator and I've now counted at least three community moderators added to the roster. I can't help but wonder what brought upon this need for added moderators and I'd imagine I'm not the only one. To me, the only logical explanation is that something radical and probably very unpopular is coming from the Canucks soon. They've instructed the CDC Overlords to prepare themselves and be ready to hand out swift, and probably unfair, punishment for any dissenters. What could this Canucks development be? There's no way of knowing for sure, but I'd imagine it would be something like a combination of Horvat/Hutton/Demko being traded, Mike Keenan being hired, or the announcement of O'Doul's as the official beer sponsor of CSE and supplier of Rogers Arena. 

Bring on the conspiracy theories- far fetched or alarmingly plausible, bring 'em on. 

It's been nice knowing you here.  Maybe you can come back as a different character? :lol:

I know criticizing (without profanity)  the owner gets a suspension. It happen to me.

That wasn't the case before. 

The negativity that surrounds  the ownership management and this club right now it at an all time high and rightly so. 

Extra mods to manage and block out the truth about who runs this team. 

Hows that for a conspiracy theory. 

Oh and that standard everyone's against this team Yada Yada Yada. 

OK, I'll come clean. My name is MJDDawg. I was an international race car driver. One day, a baby carriage rolled out onto the track so I swerved into the retaining wall to avoid it. The car burst into flames, but the baby miraculously survived.

I was that baby

Canucks sold to Jimmy Pattison.

Linden fired, replaced by Glen Clark.

Benning demoted to Chief Scout, Weisbrod promoted to GM.

Willie fired, replaced by Mike Keenan.

Miller extended 3 more years at $5mil AAV.

Horvat traded for Ferland and Bollig.

Tryamkin traded for Kassian.

Boeser traded for Marleau.

Tanev traded for picks.

Russell signed for 5 years $4.5mil AAV.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Tanev traded for picks.

I really hope someone signs Kris Russell already, just so there is no longer any conceivable way that he winds up on the Canucks.

As for my conspiracy theory,

I think the OP, Sean Monahan, is actually a Calgary Flames fan who spends most his time on the Flames forums, and that this whole thread was a mission from his leader, Brian Burke, to destabilize the Canucks fan base. Ever since his contract wasn't renewed, I believe he's been doing everything he can to prevent the Canucks from winning the Stanley Cup. He's been paying the referees, feeding information about the team's players to our opponents and covering up any possible suspensions on plays against our players by talking to his friends at the league.

Shame on you Sean Monahan! It's not like he'll actually win the cup in Calgary man.

EDIT: Time from a bold prediction, as long as Brian Burke lives we shall not win the Stanley Cup. (It certainly helps that currently our team is bad and that he is old though...)

You know how they use those high frequency devices to deter adolescents from congregating in certain areas? They are now using a similar strategy to repel older posters from the CDC. They want to get rid of any older posters who remember anything past the WCE.

It's the new format!! Haha.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Tanev traded for picks.

I don't think you know what a conspiracy is

2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

As for mine...

Quick, put on this tinfoil hat so the moderators can't hear your thoughts.... :lol:

tinfoil-hat.jpg

In reality there is nothing nefarious going on here. The board just get's quite a few Reports that require moderation, and more moderators (like yours truly) were required to keep up with the workload. Community Moderators like myself and the others whom were recently appointed are just volunteers who help moderate in their spare time to take some of the workload off of the full time moderator staff.

Archived