Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Christian Ehrhoff with Bruins


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Still don't understand why the Canucks haven't given him a chance since he left Buffalo.

 

Definitely worth a PTO at the very least.

 

It's very simple, he chased the money. Then announced that he felt had a better chance at the cup with a bottom feeder than with what was, at the time, a dominant team that he was a significant part of. Some of you are way too forgiving about this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

 

It's very simple, he chased the money. Then announced that he felt had a better chance at the cup with a bottom feeder than with what was, at the time, a dominant team that he was a significant part of. Some of you are way too forgiving about this.

It's funny how so many people can't let that go. What else was he supposed to say?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, coastal.view said:

why?

he may feel he was insultingly undervalued by the canucks who did not appreciate his success here

they snubbed him, he may wish to return that favour

why do canuck fans think players want to come here

this is not the preferred destination in the nhl

there is a lot of extra travel if you play here

erhoff is from europe where travel distances are shorter

he is older, he would benefit from less travel so he has more energy for the games he might end up playing

 

You make quite a few assumptions here and pass them off as facts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

 

Looks like the Canucks were right, and both Ehrhoff and Buffalo were wrong.

 Idk man, he sucked before Vancouver, then resumed sucking after. Sometimes a player just fits perfectly with the players that surround him and the system they play. I think it was an unfortunate mistake on both sides. Both parties lost IMO, it didn't have to end that way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

 Idk man, he sucked before Vancouver, then resumed sucking after. Sometimes a player just fits perfectly with the players that surround him and the system they play. I think it was an unfortunate mistake on both sides. Both parties lost IMO, it didn't have to end that way. 

 

That's the thing -- he had a great thing going here and walked away.  I don't remember all the particulars, but the Canucks just couldn't meet his demands without doing significant jigging elsewhere.  They certainly wanted to keep him but Buffalo did what they couldn't.  All three parties ended up losing -- Sabres ownership the hardest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

 

That's the thing -- he had a great thing going here and walked away.  I don't remember all the particulars, but the Canucks just couldn't meet his demands without doing significant jigging elsewhere.  They certainly wanted to keep him but Buffalo did what they couldn't.  All three parties ended up losing -- Sabres ownership the hardest.

The particulars were that they would not go higher than $4.6M, which is what Bieksa re-signed for and I believe this was before Edler signed his extension, so that was their internal cap on D. This was back when Bieksa was a damn good all around defenseman, so it was understandable at the time. Plus come on, who wouldn't have taken that deal with Buffalo? I haven't done the math but he ended up getting INSANE money when all was said and done (after the buy out). So even to this day, I have a hard time seeing Ehrhoff regretting how things turned out. He made the right choice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You make quite a few assumptions here and pass them off as facts. 

there are no facts stated

the word "may" was used in reference to what erhoff might have on his mind

perhaps if i used the work "might" instead of "may" you would have realized that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2016 at 6:08 PM, Phil_314 said:

Why do people suggest he should come back?  At best he'll be a 3rd pair guy with Eddie, Tanev, Hutton and Guddy in top-4, plus probably Stecher as another puck-mover and several young lefties on hand to battle for the other spot (Pedan, Tree, Sbisa).  With the team retooling, older guys shouldn't be handed quality spots as it could hinder the youth's development.

Sure he did do well in the World Cup but if the team wants to blend skilled puck-moving (Eddie, Hutton, Stecher/ Larsen) with physical/ defensive guys (Tanev, Guddy, Tryamkin, Sbisa, Pedan) I don't think we need to add him.

 

Erhoff could play Gubransson out of his top 4 spot with his eyes closed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

The particulars were that they would not go higher than $4.6M, which is what Bieksa re-signed for and I believe this was before Edler signed his extension, so that was their internal cap on D. This was back when Bieksa was a damn good all around defenseman, so it was understandable at the time. Plus come on, who wouldn't have taken that deal with Buffalo? I haven't done the math but he ended up getting INSANE money when all was said and done (after the buy out). So even to this day, I have a hard time seeing Ehrhoff regretting how things turned out. He made the right choice. 

 

Yep, He did just fine thank you ery much!

 

Really he's only playing for something to do now, he doesn't need the money, he's set for life.

 

Remember his half-assed "This appears to be my best chance at a cup" speech when he signed with BUFF? HAHAAHAA!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't he get paid something ridiculous like 10 million his first year in Buffalo?

Huge mistake on both sides to not keep him as he was such a great fit. Reminds me a bit of how we finally found the perfect linemate for the Sedins in Anson Carter and they didn't want to pay him 2 million per year and he sucked after leaving. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ehrhoff definitely looked good during the World Cup and showed he still has the goods to be effective. If we hadn't signed Stecher and acquired Larsen, I think a PTO would have been a smart move for Vancouver.

 

But as things stand today, I'm much more excited about Edler-Stecher than I'd be about a reunited Edler-Ehrhoff.

 

I'd even go so far as to say that Edler-Stecher has shown more flashes of 2011 Edler-Ehrhoff than I'd expect to see from the 2016 version of Edler-Ehrhoff (if that makes sense).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2016-10-01 at 6:54 PM, LaBamba said:

 Idk man, he sucked before Vancouver, then resumed sucking after. Sometimes a player just fits perfectly with the players that surround him and the system they play. I think it was an unfortunate mistake on both sides. Both parties lost IMO, it didn't have to end that way. 

 

True, plus, Erhoff's final stretch as a Canuck (the Boston series) he was absolutely horrible, pretty sure his minus rating for the series was just ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

In the Boston series I am pretty sure he was playing with broken fingers from a slash.

I believe it was an injured shoulder, after which he was not able to perform at the same level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...