Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alexandre Grenier


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

Nice. I really had to dig deep to find some posts on Grenier here, but I finally found a few and got the info I needed. Good that he cleared.

No kidding, kept forgetting what thread this was for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, The Lock said:

 

First of all, if you think your opinion is "reality", think again. While you may have presented basic facts on who's won a cup in the past 10 years (in which facts are of course reality), providing your opinion on it afterwards and claiming that to be reality is a false argument. No one's opinion is actually reality. One's opinion can be based on reality, but being negative (as you are being) is not reality in itself. You are not a realist. In fact, unless if you have no brain to even form an opinion of your own, no one is a realist. ;) Anyone who claims they are a realist based on their opinion is basically trying to tell themselves their opinion is just without really looking at anything else. They want to be right and also want to be lazy in that they are looking for a shortcut means rather than looking at other people's opinions. "I am a realist" is not a solid foundation of an argument, period.

 

What you have provided is a negative opinion based on facts you have hand selected that look negative to the common eye without looking at other facts. Ironic since you claim "people get negativity mixed up with reality all the time". ;)

 

image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Like we need more fluff in our bottom 6. If only he played his size. He might not have been waived. Doesnt have enough skill to be a top 6 and not enough sand to push his way out of a paper bag. Won't miss his flyby's and love taps. Steve Bernier light. Glad he cleared to utica.He seems to fit at that level* edit. I hope he can become a more interested player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, The Lock said:

 

First of all, if you think your opinion is "reality", think again. While you may have presented basic facts on who's won a cup in the past 10 years (in which facts are of course reality), providing your opinion on it afterwards and claiming that to be reality is a false argument. No one's opinion is actually reality. One's opinion can be based on reality, but being negative (as you are being) is not reality in itself. You are not a realist. In fact, unless if you have no brain to even form an opinion of your own, no one is a realist. ;) Anyone who claims they are a realist based on their opinion is basically trying to tell themselves their opinion is just without really looking at anything else. They want to be right and also want to be lazy in that they are looking for a shortcut means rather than looking at other people's opinions. "I am a realist" is not a solid foundation of an argument, period.

 

What you have provided is a negative opinion based on facts you have hand selected that look negative to the common eye without looking at other facts. Ironic since you claim "people get negativity mixed up with reality all the time". ;)

 

I didn't say I was a realist. I said the cold hard reality is we are no more successful than the Edmonton Oilers over this supposed shameful period in their franchise. After I showed  you the black and white results of our success compared to these bottom feeders of Alberta, I went off on a nonsensical rant to express my distaste for our past and present state. Stop trying to be a Doctor phill, analyzing  the nature of my dialect. I didn't realize I needed to add "my option" as the title to my paragraph went I started my rant.

 

i apologize for the confusion  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Totally expendable. Like we need more fluff in our bottom 6. If only he played his size. He might not have been waived. Doesnt have enough skill to be a top 6 and not enough sand to push his way out of a paper bag. Won't miss his flyby's and love taps. Jonathan Bernier light. Glad he cleared to utica I hope he can becomes a more interested player.

Oh, he'll help Utica. He can score at that level and he can better use his skill in the slightly slower AHL. This isn't a loss when we have others ready to go or showing they can step up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The Lock said:

 

I don't really get the point in thinking this way. It's almost like you're purposely trying to look for ways to put yourself down. You know things could have easily been different in the 2 times we made the cup finals. One was decided by literally 1 goal. I'm not saying that to look at things on the bright side either. I'm stating an actual fact as that's what actually happened.

 

If you want to be depressed from looking for ways that make us look worse than things actually are that's your call. It's like with anything. You can look for negativity in anything and you'll find it, but it's going to make you seem like one depressing person to be around. Just something to consider. ;)

"the 2 times we made the cup finals"

 

Wow....really???

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

"the 2 times we made the cup finals"

 

Wow....really???

What, do you think things could have been different the other time we'd made a cup final? Sure, there were 3, but only two were close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, The Lock said:

 

First of all, if you think your opinion is "reality", think again. While you may have presented basic facts on who's won a cup in the past 10 years (in which facts are of course reality), providing your opinion on it afterwards and claiming that to be reality is a false argument. No one's opinion is actually reality. One's opinion can be based on reality, but being negative (as you are being) is not reality in itself. You are not a realist. In fact, unless if you have no brain to even form an opinion of your own, no one is a realist. ;) Anyone who claims they are a realist based on their opinion is basically trying to tell themselves their opinion is just without really looking at anything else. They want to be right and also want to be lazy in that they are looking for a shortcut means rather than looking at other people's opinions. "I am a realist" is not a solid foundation of an argument, period.

 

What you have provided is a negative opinion based on facts you have hand selected that look negative to the common eye without looking at other facts. Ironic since you claim "people get negativity mixed up with reality all the time". ;)

Illuminati confirmed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Oh, he'll help Utica. He can score at that level and he can better use his skill in the slightly slower AHL. This isn't a loss when we have others ready to go or showing they can step up.

Have to wonder if he's heading the AHL contract route next year...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, J.R. said:

Have to wonder if he's heading the AHL contract route next year...

Without some more improvement and possibly even a bit of proof in an NHL call up, I'd say he is. If he does manage an NHL contract, he probably just gets a one year deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/10/2016 at 7:13 AM, elvis15 said:

Or the Oilers could just claim him on waivers...

It's the Oilers.. they won't think that far ahead. They have a guaranteed top 5 pick anyway lol

 

And a 96.85% chance at #1 OA.. I hope they suck until McDavid can get annoyed and come here via UFA!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2016 at 4:22 PM, LaBamba said:

 

I didn't say I was a realist. I said the cold hard reality is we are no more successful than the Edmonton Oilers over this supposed shameful period in their franchise. After I showed  you the black and white results of our success compared to these bottom feeders of Alberta, I went off on a nonsensical rant to express my distaste for our past and present state. Stop trying to be a Doctor phill, analyzing  the nature of my dialect. I didn't realize I needed to add "my option" as the title to my paragraph went I started my rant.

 

i apologize for the confusion  

 

It generally does help to specify whether something is your opinion and not part of the fact you're analyzing. :) It's almost like saying one thing than something different and expecting people to understand where you are going inside of your head. Salad.

 

I'm glad you're at least not claiming to be a "realist".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, The Lock said:

 

It generally does help to specify whether something is your opinion and not part of the fact you're analyzing. :) It's almost like saying one thing than something different and expecting people to understand where you are going inside of your head. Salad.

 

I'm glad you're at least not claiming to be a "realist".

 

I don't even care about this any more. Water under the bridge. i live in the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know why people are "texting" about this "new development "

 

i can't even explain stupid, apparently. 

 

Bring on the zombie apocalypse mofos, 

 

 

only the strongest survive

 

being six eight either means you are a basketball player ,useless ,  or .....not very good at skating ...?

 

*theres going to be one guy who's like...

 

 

"...but he's not sixty eight you dumbass. I'm gonna post right....now.... and get mad when someone else is right"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...