The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alexandre Grenier

On 2016-10-02 at 0:14 AM, LaBamba said:

Word on the street is Corrado is having a great camp and preseason. I get what you are trying to say but at the same time you can't give poor assett management a free pass because it's the trendy thing to do around here. We lost Vey +2nd for nothing, we lost Frosling for nothing (how exciting would it be to see him at camp this year) we might lose Pedan + 3rd for nothing. Cool. 

But No big dealz!!! Do you even know what the chancezz of a 2nd round pick playing 500 gamez izzzz?!?!? LOLzzz obviously not!!!!! LOLzzz. Corrado is a nobody like you bro. JB rulezzzzz. 

Cup contenderzz  like us deep in young elite talent can burn assets like this and not miss a beat you troll LOLzzz go cheer for the leafz or oilers. We are winnerzzzz, Dorsett has so many intangiblezzzzzzzzzz. 

the cost of doing business my friend.  you crack some eggs, you break the odd yolk.

When you make the volume of trades it takes to retool/rebuild a franchise, you're going to lose a few.

but microwhining over Vey, a 5th and something that aint gonna happen doesn't seem like your style LB.  I think this place is getting to you - I can relate lol.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

the cost of doing business my friend.  you crack some eggs, you break the odd yolk.

When you make the volume of trades it takes to retool/rebuild a franchise, you're going to lose a few.

but microwhining over Vey, a 5th and something that aint gonna happen doesn't seem like your style LB.  I think this place is getting to you - I can relate lol.

Its not the transactions themselves or even the fact that Benning makes mistakes that angers me it's the the blatant denial by the fan base. If im not in complete compliance with something Benning does im told to go cheer for Edmonton. Now everyone is like "Look at Troy Stecher" Ya ok, the guy from Vancouver who chose to sign in Vancouver? Lots of lobbying to get that deal signed. 

55 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Its not the transactions themselves or even the fact that Benning makes mistakes that angers me it's the the blatant denial by the fan base.

Understanding that not every swing of the bat is going to be a home run is not 'denial'. Confused as usual I see.

52 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Its not the transactions themselves or even the fact that Benning makes mistakes that angers me it's the the blatant denial by the fan base. If im not in complete compliance with something Benning does im told to go cheer for Edmonton. Now everyone is like "Look at Troy Stecher" Ya ok, the guy from Vancouver who chose to sign in Vancouver? Lots of lobbying to get that deal signed. 

Right....so we all can pretend that you didn't wring your hands all summer over the horrifying thought that we would waive big strong tough powerful Grenier and "bleed assets", only to find you admitting that he looks like garbage.  Surely we should be able to cash him in for a late-round pick and make good on the "asset" right?  Which part of the fanbase is in denial?

Didn't you also say in this thread that we lost "frosling" for nothing, re-writing history, denying reality?  Just how good was Corrado man?

3 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Right....so we all can pretend that you didn't wring your hands all summer over the horrifying thought that we would waive big strong tough powerful Grenier and "bleed assets", only to find you admitting that he looks like garbage.  Surely we should be able to cash him in for a late-round pick and make good on the "asset" right?  Which part of the fanbase is in denial?

Didn't you also say in this thread that we lost "frosling" for nothing, re-writing history, denying reality?  Just how good was Corrado man?

Every single time I am wrong, I have no problem admitting to it. You even have an example of that in your post. Yes, I was worried about Grenier, I saw his preseason performace, he has cleared waivers, Problem solved. 

I don't even know how I can quantify how little I care about my credibility or reputation on here in a unit of measurement. I care .001mm3 or .001bites. If I'm wrong about every single thing I have ever said on CDC, we are all celebrating together in June. How is that a bad thing? 

11 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Understanding that not every swing of the bat is going to be a home run is not 'denial'. Confused as usual I see.

I fully understand. I'm just a half empty guy. Get over it. 

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Every single time I am wrong, I have no problem admitting to it. You even have an example of that in your post. Yes, I was worried about Grenier, I saw his preseason performace, he has cleared waivers, Problem solved. 

I don't even know how I can quantify how little I care about my credibility or reputation on here in a unit of measurement. I care .001mm3 or .001bites. If I'm wrong about every single thing I have ever said on CDC, we are all celebrating together in June. How is that a bad thing? 

Get over what?:lol:

Stop posting stupid crap and people won't need bother correcting you.

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Get over what?:lol:

Stop posting stupid crap and people won't need bother correcting you.

I see things different from you therefore I am stupid. 

Are you a protestant Christian from the Deep South by any chance? Cause if you're not, go south. The people will embrace you  

8 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

That's why I like you.  I can never figure out why there aren't a thousand other posters constantly admitting they're wrong.

So, with that lesson not learned, how pissed are you that they may hemorrhage an asset this year?  Keeping in mind that it hasn't happened yet of course, but seriously, 'blowhard' Jim and 'play favourites' Willy are gonna screw something up, right?  Like maybe they'll trade a late pick for a guy who turns out to be not quite good enough.  Complete disaster.  Thanks a lot for bank-rolling this team Aqualinis, jerks.  They should sell it to someone who can't make ends meet.  God, can't I just constantly b!tch about basically nothing without having someone on my case.....

1 minute ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

That's why I like you.  I can never figure out why there aren't a thousand other posters constantly admitting they're wrong.

So, with that lesson not learned, how pissed are you that they may hemorrhage an asset this year?  Keeping in mind that it hasn't happened yet of course, but seriously, 'blowhard' Jim and 'play favourites' Willy are gonna screw something up, right?  Like maybe they'll trade a late pick for a guy who turns out to be not quite good enough.  Complete disaster.  Thanks a lot for bank-rolling this team Aqualinis, jerks.  They should sell it to someone who can't make ends meet.  God, can't I just constantly b!tch about basically nothing without having someone on my case.....

Thanks I guess.

i get more annoyed with losing the picks. Almost every pick he has made has potential to become something. Throwing away 2nds and 3rds means a lot more when you have the rain man of hockey scouts with a list of great players to pick from. Draft picks are everything in hockey today and especially when you can draft like a boss.  

13 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I see things different from you therefore I am stupid. 

Are you a protestant Christian from the Deep South by any chance? Cause if you're not, go south. The people will embrace you  

Nope, not what I said. You post stupid crap, therefore people correct said stupid crap. 

That in no way equates to me calling you stupid.

As usual, I'll ignore the rest of the blather.

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Nope, not what I said. You post stupid crap, therefore people correct said stupid crap. 

That in no way equates to me calling you stupid.

As usual, I'll ignore the rest of the blather.

Perfect. Now can we just drop this stupid argument and go back to being friends? 

On 10/4/2016 at 10:28 AM, LaBamba said:

Thanks I guess.

i get more annoyed with losing the picks. Almost every pick he has made has potential to become something. Throwing away 2nds and 3rds means a lot more when you have the rain man of hockey scouts with a list of great players to pick from. Draft picks are everything in hockey today and especially when you can draft like a boss.  

Well, they're not everything.  Players are.  Sometimes picks, which are the rights to player, will be traded for the rights to a player.

Here's my gripe.  How many times this summer have we read, "Rodin has proven NOTHING!  He's a longshot, if he's so good, why's he in Europe?  He couldn't cut it last time!  He's small!  His knee's not healed!  Oh you think JB is so good....well Rodin is NOTHING!!!" 

You see what I'm getting at?  Endless chicken little BS with a splash of superiority complex.  I don't make many predictions.  I don't whine about moves, or applaud them, until the outcome is clear.  And yet, I apparently lack critical perspective because I don't constantly post things like, "Did he throw in a 2nd?", "Vey is Willy's nephew", "Gernier is so big, I think he's gonna be tough with Peddan!!!  I don't care if they can play, they're BIG!!!!", "Calgary got HAMILTON, we REGRESSED!!!!".

26 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Well, they're not everything.  Players are.  Sometimes picks, which are the rights to player, will be traded for the rights to a player.

Here's my gripe.  How many times this summer have we read, "Rodin has proven NOTHING!  He's a longshot, if he's so good, why's he in Europe?  He couldn't cut it last time!  He's small!  His knee's not healed!  Oh you think JB is so good....well Rodin is NOTHING!!!" 

You see what I'm getting at?  Endless chicken little BS with a splash of superiority complex.  I don't make many predictions.  I don't whine about moves, or applaud them, until the outcome is clear.  And yet, I'm apparently I lack critical perspective because I don't constantly post things like, "Did he throw in a 2nd?", "Vey is Willy's nephew", "Gernier is so big, I think he's gonna be tough with Peddan!!!  I don't care if they can play, they're BIG!!!!", "Calgary got HAMILTON, we REGRESSED!!!!".

Rodin has done well in the preseason and it's a huge relief, but its October man. I think everyone was worried about his knee more than anything. He still hasn't proven anything and you gotta go by what's on paper.

He blew those picks for the players you mentioned above. From what I have seen in Bennings draft ability an early 2nd for Vey is potentially a very good player we surrendered for nothing. There is nothing wrong with being pissed off about that. 

42 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Rodin has done well in the preseason and it's a huge relief, but its October man. I think everyone was worried about his knee more than anything. He still hasn't proven anything and you gotta go by what's on paper.

He blew those picks for the players you mentioned above. From what I have seen in Bennings draft ability an early 2nd for Vey is potentially a very good player we surrendered for nothing. There is nothing wrong with being pissed off about that. 

Yup, It's October. Forsling hasn't even made an NHL roster yet and you're worried about the deal where we tried to find a more ready asset that didn't work out. Doesn't mean it was something Benning should be held to the fire for - Forsling hasn't done anything yet either.

Those picks you mentioned earlier, sometimes they're the cost of doing business to get a deal done. I don't like seeing it as often as we have in deals, often giving up a little extra from our side rather than a balance of getting some back more frequently, but when you compare the odds of a 2nd rounder making it as a regular NHL'er vs the odds we got back from trading for Vey and Baertschi for instance, that's a good gamble even if they all didn't work out.

Sure, Benning's done well at the draft so far, but until we see more of those players make it and have some success, they're just draft picks much like Rodin is still unproven in the NHL and Stecher hasn't ever played a pro game outside of preseason.

53 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Yes there is.  It's the synchronic perspective.  This is happening in real time.  You absolutely have to have an age distribution.  Having fifteen 18yr old prospects is not gonna help.  We wanted some young (not teenage) players actually playing.  Besides which, Vey's dad got convicted of conspiring to kill his mom.  That's pretty much the definition of extenuating circumstances.  For all we know, Vey could have been a hell of a good pick up.

It's great that Rodin looks good.  I'm not crowning him yet.  But where are all the people that whined in advance about him crashing and burning?  It wasn't casual concern, it was hysterical panic.  "JB's driving this team into the ground - just watch!!!"  And those are the people that are always crying that their "opinion" doesn't get respect.  "Hey man, I came here to rip Benning everyday - no one should gainsay me...it's my OPINION!!!  You know, my sacred right?  MY OPINION!!!"

On 02/10/2016 at 0:14 AM, LaBamba said:

Word on the street is Corrado is having a great camp and preseason. I get what you are trying to say but at the same time you can't give poor assett management a free pass because it's the trendy thing to do around here. We lost Vey +2nd for nothing, we lost Frosling for nothing (how exciting would it be to see him at camp this year) we might lose Pedan + 3rd for nothing. Cool. 

But No big dealz!!! Do you even know what the chancezz of a 2nd round pick playing 500 gamez izzzz?!?!? LOLzzz obviously not!!!!! LOLzzz. Corrado is a nobody like you bro. JB rulezzzzz. 

Cup contenderzz  like us deep in young elite talent can burn assets like this and not miss a beat you troll LOLzzz go cheer for the leafz or oilers. We are winnerzzzz, Dorsett has so many intangiblezzzzzzzzzz. 

Even with a great camp Corrado wouldn't be making the team this year. He wasn't worth anything in trade or we would have got something for him before waiving him. No worth all the tears, he will be a bottom pairing dman IF everything goes right for him.

What's with the "we lost vey + a 2nd" (pedan + a 3rd as well) talk? We traded the 2nd for vey and then let him walk, pick an asset to grope about and then carry on. That's like saying when we lost luongo, bertuzzi and linden in the markstrom deal.

Forsling for nothing? The asset he was traded for was part of the Sutter trade. Sutter is nothing to you?

All of this in a thread about a player who was rightfully waived and cleared.

8 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Even with a great camp Corrado wouldn't be making the team this year. He wasn't worth anything in trade or we would have got something for him before waiving him. No worth all the tears, he will be a bottom pairing dman IF everything goes right for him.

What's with the "we lost vey + a 2nd" (pedan + a 3rd as well) talk? We traded the 2nd for vey and then let him walk, pick an asset to grope about and then carry on. That's like saying when we lost luongo, bertuzzi and linden in the markstrom deal.

Forsling for nothing? The asset he was traded for was part of the Sutter trade. Sutter is nothing to you?

All of this in a thread about a player who was rightfully waived and cleared.

That would be the same guy that I said was not gonna be an NHL player, for which I got ripped because I bleed assets and don't understand how a tall mediocre player will make us tough.

Archived