The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Peter Laviolette signs 2-year extension with Predators

The Nashville Predators have signed head coach Peter Laviolette to a two-year contract extension.

The announcement was made Saturday at a Skate of the Union fan event, in advance of the first sold-out preseason home game in franchise history.

Laviolette is entering his third season behind the bench in Nashville, having guided the Predators to a regular-season record of 88-52-24 and consecutive playoff appearances, most recently a seven-game loss to San Jose in the second round.

He's also won a Stanley Cup and gone to the final as head coach in Carolina and Philadelphia, respectively.

Expectations are high in Nashville, with P.K. Subban joining a loaded defensive corps, and Laviolette has clearly been tabbed as the man to finally take the Predators to next level.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1116271

13 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

I really wanted the Canucks to hire him instead of Willie. Real firie coach who seems to get the most out of his offense. Giroux had his best years by far playing under him

Because those have worked for us in the past.

4 hours ago, ajhockey said:

I don't think it's fair to compare him to torts (who I assume you're referring too) 

Torts was psychotic. He'll be out of a job before the half way point this season. He's definitely the worst coach in hockey. 

5 hours ago, ajhockey said:

Agreed with Apollo. Laviolette is no Torts an runs a completely different system. Look how well Nashville performed under him last year not to mention hes got one of the highest win % in hockey

3 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Agreed with Apollo. Laviolette is no Torts an runs a completely different system. Look how well Nashville performed under him last year not to mention hes got one of the highest win % in hockey

To be fair, Torts was great in Tampa Bay and he got the Rangers to the Conference Finals too. Just didn't seem to work with us. Keenan didn't either obviously, despite Keenan's success elsewhere.

41 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

To be fair, Torts was great in Tampa Bay and he got the Rangers to the Conference Finals too. Just didn't seem to work with us. Keenan didn't either obviously, despite Keenan's success elsewhere.

Torts and Keenan both had great success in a specific era of hockey. They just haven't evolved since.

39 minutes ago, John Tortorella said:

So keenan in 94 and torts in 2002 (i think) is the same era? K.

Piss off Torts you're $&!#e!!! 

Haha no actually I thought about that after I posted it and realized I should have said both were great coaches in their own specific era of hockey. What are you gonna do about it  though? Try and fight me in the dressing room? You'll be fired by the end of this season anyways 

1 hour ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Piss off Torts you're $&!#e!!! 

Haha no actually I thought about that after I posted it and realized I should have said both were great coaches in their own specific era of hockey. What are you gonna do about it  though? Try and fight me in the dressing room? You'll be fired by the end of this season anyways 

I sleep hapily with my stanley cup ring

Archived