The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Nail

Carolina Hurricanes Training Camp Report

While the roster is pretty much set, there are still 4 players very much in the mix to make the opening night roster.

Travis Boyd

The Washington Capitals AHL affiliate leaned heavily on Boyd in the post-season, and the late round selected draft pick did not let up. There were rumors last year that, had Mike Richards not signed with the team, Boyd would have been given the nod to come up and join the squad. As it was, he played out the year in the AHL and has since received a lot of praise from coach Barry Trotz. There are 4 guys vying for 1 more spot on the Caps IRL, and Boyd is doing everything right to get that spot.

Austin Czarnik

The injury to Frank Vatrano has opened up a spot for one of Czarnik or Heinen. While his size is certainly working against him, Austin has done all that has been called upon him to make the opening night roster. Problem is that Heinen has been no slouch.

Adam Brooks

Drafted in his last year of eligibility this year by the Maple Leafs, and a late off-season signing by yours truly, Brooks was expected to anchor one of the top two lines for the Marlies. However, he has played incredibly well in the pre-season, and it is expected that he will remain with the club until Sunday. At which point, a difficult decision will be made.

Aleksi Saarela

Unlike the Hurricanes in our league, the RL Hurricanes have very little representation of any kind. All I know for certain is that he is still with the club. How he is doing, I do not know.

***Last Minute Cuts***

Adin Hill

Portland Winterhawks goaltending stalwart, Adin Hill, did everything right in the pre-season. Had a terrific safe percentage, rarely let the puck in, and communicated well with his teammates. He will be playing in the AHL this season, and is expected to be the starting goaltender. If/when injuries occur, it is likely he will receive a call up (if his play continues). However, I used one of my ELC slides on him, so there will be no time for him in the big show for me this season.

Conor Garland

Another Coyotes player of mine who played phenomenal in the pre-season, but the numbers game worked against him. Perhaps the Coyotes did not like his defensive game, or perhaps they are concerned about his size and didn't want to throw him to the wolves just yet. Time in the AHL will help him get used to the bigger, fast game. I fully expect to see him with the Coyotes before the year is out.

Kyle Wood

My third Coyote (this drafting was not planned) who was sent down. While I'm not surprised, as defensemen do take longer to develop, and he has yet to play a season in the AHL, I was hoping his strong pre-season and NHL ready frame would push him into the lineup

I've been doing this for the past 2 years, so I might as well continue with the tradition.

Buffalo Sabres Year in Review

Signings -

Rasmus Ristolainen signed to a 6 x 5.15M deal

Nathan MacKinnon signed to a 6 x 6.1M deal

These two are the future of my team, and with their relatively cheap deals, I'm excited to see how they will produce this upcoming season after good showings at the WC.

Trades -

Nikita Zadorov traded away for Kyle Connor

Nothing for Pavel Zacha, Fedor Tyutin, Rob Scuderi, Brian Gionta and Matt Stajan

Antti Niemi, Thatcher Demko (+ picks) for Jake Allen

Viktor Loov + 2nd Rounder for Carl Soderberg

While significant younger pieces were moved (Zadorov and Demko), we have gained a huge return in youth and depth. Connor, Zacha and Allen should all have huge impacts with their respective teams, and I'm really excited to see what can be done with them.

Draft - 

Alexander Nylander @ 8th Overall

German Rubtsov @ 22nd Overall

And best of all...

BUYOUT - Andrew MacDonald

Finalized Roster

Tyler Ennis - John Tavares - Nathan MacKinnon

Sven Baertschi - Carl Soderberg - Bryan Little

Kyle Connor - Dylan Strome - Viktor Arvidsson

Magnus Paajarvi - Pavel Zacha - Teemu Pulkinnen

Leipsic

Rasmus Ristolainen - Cody Franson

Cody Ceci - Nathan Beaulieu

Brett Pesce - Justin Schultz

Eric Gelinas, Chris Wideman

Jake Allen

Jimmy Howard

Still got the worst defense in the league by far though...

Oh, and if you're looking for a great goalie, Jimmy Howard is available for free!

Don't miss your chance on an absolute beauty Alex Burrows !!

He plays for the team and is a hell of a guy to boot !!

Let's not focus on points as much as character here people... Dont miss your chance on a *legend...

Image result for alex burrows dirty gif 

*Disclaimer, might not be a legend.

Another Disclaimer, Gif above might not contain Alex Burrows but it does have Byron Bitz in it. Byron was a nice guy, I met him at a bar one time.

2 hours ago, Mimerez said:

I've been doing this for the past 2 years, so I might as well continue with the tradition.

Signings -

These two are the future of my team, and with their relatively cheap deals, I'm excited to see how they will produce this upcoming season after good showings at the WC.

Trades -

Nothing for Pavel Zacha, Fedor Tyutin, Rob Scuderi, Brian Gionta and Matt Stajan

While significant younger pieces were moved (Zadorov and Demko), we have gained a huge return in youth and depth. Connor, Zacha and Allen should all have huge impacts with their respective teams, and I'm really excited to see what can be done with them.

Draft - 

And best of all...

Finalized Roster

Leipsic

Jake Allen

Jimmy Howard

Oh, and if you're looking for a great goalie, Jimmy Howard is available for free!

Uhhhh beg to differ

Phaneuf-Gorges

Liles-Greene

Bortuzzo-Troman

All 6 are available for prospects/picks.

3 hours ago, inane said:

Uhhhh beg to differ

Phaneuf-Gorges

Liles-Greene

Bortuzzo-Troman

All 6 are available for prospects/picks.

Damnnnnn... That's brutal...

52 minutes ago, Mimerez said:

Wow, I wasn't wrong by much though

You are very wrong, his defense is just awful, lol..

For those looking for a knuckle chucked who picks up a boatload of PIMs, Montreal Canadiens forward Bobby Farnham is available for a pick.

He likely go on waivers, so unless you want to risk another team claiming him before you, send me an offer quickly. First draft pick offer gets him (priority given to Western Conference team).

Carolina Prospects Set to Move

With few spots open and guys getting pushed down the depth chart, it appears as though some prospects in the Hurricanes system are available. Only picks are believed to be wanted in return, but all offers will be considered for one to a combination of prospects. Below are the ones available.

Forwards:

Grayson Downing

Alexandre Grenier

Nikita Jevpalovs

Nathan Noel

Defensemen:

Viktor Svedberg

Jonathan MacLeod

Ivan Chukarov

57 minutes ago, Monty said:

Carolina Prospects Set to Move

With few spots open and guys getting pushed down the depth chart, it appears as though some prospects in the Hurricanes system are available. Only picks are believed to be wanted in return, but all offers will be considered for one to a combination of prospects. Below are the ones available.

Forwards:

Grayson Downing

Alexandre Grenier

Nikita Jevpalovs

Nathan Noel

Defensemen:

Viktor Svedberg

Jonathan MacLeod

Ivan Chukarov

But will Andy Greene be attached to any of them?

(and yes, I may have stocked the league in the past :ph34r:)

It's only preseason, but still...Brian Elliott with 50 saves on 52 shots in his first 2.5 games is definitely reassuring.

Having a real, legitimate NHL goaltender - not to mention a decent coach whose gameplan doesn't resemble a fire drill - may pay immediate dividends in Calgary.

On 2016-10-03 at 3:34 PM, Mimerez said:

Signings -

Trades -

Draft - 

And best of all...

Finalized Roster

Leipsic

Jake Allen

Jimmy Howard

Nice work Mime.

Your D looks to be developing nicely despite your claim, with Risto, Ceci and Beaulieu all good young pieces.

I'll probably regret dealing Allen, but the opportunity to go full homer with Markstrom and Demko was too tempting.  Heart move that the head prolly shoulda over-ruled.

Archived