The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Today Sports - 2016-17 NHL Projections

AriGold

Without reading the 6 pages of replies I'm sure it read something like a Donald Trump rally. 

"The media hates us... The media doesn't know anything... We don't get treated fairly... We've actually got a tremendous team, our team is very very tremendous..."

Get over it.  The Canucks suck, in a few years they'll be good.  Stop crying and reaffirming the stereotype of us as fans being some of the biggest whiners in the league

1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

Without reading the 6 pages of replies I'm sure it read something like a Donald Trump rally. 

"The media hates us... The media doesn't know anything... We don't get treated fairly... We've actually got a tremendous team, our team is very very tremendous..."

Get over it.  The Canucks suck, in a few years they'll be good.  Stop crying and reaffirming the stereotype of us as fans being some of the biggest whiners in the league

You don't get a pass from your teacher when you don't do your homework, many on here aren't going to give this article a pass because it didn't do it's homework either.

It doesn't bother me as much that they picked as last as the 65 points. That takes a willing belief that a team who has a largely improved roster over the 2015-16 season is going to experience a 10 point regression over it's previous season. That's a hard sell.

6 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Reaffirming a stereotype? When I read this thread, the majority of posts are level headed, informed, and realistic.

However yours isn't one of them. The fact that you are actually concerned as to how other biased and negative sources view the Canucks or their fans just speaks to your sycophantic need to be accepted by a bunch of miserable bloggers.

I've said it before and I will say it again: I love that the entire world, it seems, is expecting us to fail. It allows us to do our thing out of the spotlight and possibly surprise everyone. And even if we don't; even if we finish last place with 65 points, then they were all right and can be smug about it and we get another high draft pick.

I personally believe we will be a bubble team this year. Our roster is stronger than last year and assuming we can remain fairly injury free we will be much better than last year.

44 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

So do you agree with the media and believe canucks will finished dead last?  Will you leave when you're wrong?

The biggest concern I have is the disconnect between Canucks management, who believes we have a playoff team and the rest of the world that doesn't think so.  

Maybe our management is right.  Or maybe they are just kidding themselves.  Or maybe they are just talking "playoffs" to sell tickets.  I dunno.  I personally do not like this short term focus on the playoffs.  I'd rather they go with youth and develop them.

Just now, Zedlee said:

The biggest concern I have is the disconnect between Canucks management, who believes we have a playoff team and the rest of the world that doesn't think so.  

Maybe our management is right.  Or maybe they are just kidding themselves.  Or maybe they are just talking "playoffs" to sell tickets.  I dunno.  I personally do not like this short term focus on the playoffs.  I'd rather they go with youth and develop them.

The only disconnect is a certain element of the fan base not grasping the very simple reality of what's happening. We're rebuilding while remaining competitive. 

Are we cup favourites? No. Are we all but guaranteed a playoff berth? Nope. Are we good enough to challenge for a playoff spot and have games mean something? Yup. Are we turning over the roster while getting a lot younger? Yup.

20 minutes ago, J.R. said:

The only disconnect is a certain element of the fan base not grasping the very simple reality of what's happening. We're rebuilding while remaining competitive. 

Are we cup favourites? No. Are we all but guaranteed a playoff berth? Nope. Are we good enough to challenge for a playoff spot and have games mean something? Yup. Are we turning over the roster while getting a lot younger? Yup.

Yup !!!

34 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Nope

Believing we're a team beat to go deep into the playoffs is a person who believes everything will go our way.

Believing we're the worst team in the NHL is a person who believes everything won't go away.

The answer lies in the middle.

7 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

Believing we're a team beat to go deep into the playoffs is a person who believes everything will go our way.

Believing we're the worst team in the NHL is a person who believes everything won't go away.

The answer lies in the middle.

Very true. Much like with a glazed jelly donut, only once the sweet, juicy filling hits your tongue, do you know just how good of a donut you've got. Until then, enjoy the glazed dough.

homer-simpson-drooling a.jpg

1 hour ago, CanadianRugby said:

Disliking being the whipping boy is not whining, that's called self-esteem, something that Canucks and Canucks fans sorely lack.  Yes, many Canucks fans are indeed whiners but accepting all of this doom and gloom up the butt is not "realism", it's lying down and giving up.  It's too easy to accept pessimism because it makes it more comfortable for fragile egos not to have to risk anything by hoping for the best but having the potential for disappointment.  Optimism requires courage and that doesn't mean putting on the blinders but we're very likely a better team than that prediction and it's not "crying" to say so.  The good thing is that all of this speculation will end soon and we'll get to see for real what happens.  However, winning always starts with thinking that you can win and if you think otherwise you have lost before you have even started.  GCG!

Calgary will be the exact same as last season these so called experts are almost always wrong and way off lol.

The Canucks are going to shock a lot of peoole and teams this season. Between the new canucks, the younger improving canucks, rock solid goaltending and being healthy I have no doubt we're a playoff team.

We'll definitely finish ahead of the Lames. I'm in Calgary making bets and going to cash in on this foolishness like I have in the past big time lol. 

Archived