The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The trustworthy opinion of EA Sports Season Simulation.

hyper00

Well if you thought "USA Today Sports" had high hopes for us, EA Sports just revealed their season simulation. Just remember that they predicted the Anaheim Ducks winning the cup last season against the Montreal Canadians, and the Canucks winning the cup in 2011.

Canucks are last again.jpg

Well, if it DOES happen, at least we lost with style. Better than floating in the endless hell that is missing the playoffs by 2 points. But I do question if their simulation involves a dart board, some dice, and a drunk intern. 

1 minute ago, Sygvard said:

Well, if it DOES happen, at least we lost with style. Better than floating in the endless hell that is missing the playoffs by 2 points. But I do question if their simulation involves a dart board, some dice, and a drunk intern. 

Their simulation involves ten bottles of Blue Nun and 20 holes in the wall, about groin height.

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It is pretty nice having the bar set so low though. Pretty much all we need to do is not finish last to prove everyone wrong.

I feel like the Sedins alone will prevent that, scoring and leadership will not have this team drop that low. If Gudbranson and Tryamkin/Sbisa allow Edler to play his game, and not do all of the heavy lifting we should have a lower amount of injuries on the back end. 

20 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It is pretty nice having the bar set so low though. Pretty much all we need to do is not finish last to prove everyone wrong.

We could finish last and still rack up 10 points more than they predict. Personally I like the ridiculously low predictions for the Canucks performance this year. It gives us all an opportunity to put down some money on the Canucks winning the Cup at about 70 to one odds. Not that I really think the Canucks will win the Cup this year, but that is a great price. I think reasonable odds would be much closer to 30 to one.

9 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I just visited the EA office here in Burnaby, and they told me that their simulation doesn't take into account Troy Stecher being on the team. Just saying.

Even without Stetcher, 63 points is just as bass-ackwards as predicting we win the cup.

It's like people have forgotten how to make a reasonable assessment.

1 hour ago, hyper00 said:

Well if you thought "USA Today Sports" had high hopes for us, EA Sports just revealed their season simulation. Just remember that they predicted the Anaheim Ducks winning the cup last season against the Montreal Canadians, and the Canucks winning the cup in 2011.

Does Miller get hit by a bus in the prediction assumptions? 

On the + side its predicting 87 points to make the wildcard in the west. Thats just 12 points up from where we were last year, and you have to think Loui and Gudbranson can net us more 6 wins. 

33 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I just visited the EA office here in Burnaby, and they told me that their simulation doesn't take into account Troy Stecher being on the team. Just saying.

I've visited the EA campus numerous times. It's like a stoner's wet dream.

60ish points in the loser point era is harsh.  Canucks will likely be able to hit 70 and maybe 75 but hard to see making the playoffs given the relatively improvements of the the other teams.   Things will have to go spectacularly well in terms of career years and lack of injuries to pretty much every one not name Sedin for the Canucks to have a sniff at 80 or more points.

Realism people.   This is what natural sports cycles are all about.   Would have been much better to have started the rebuild in 2013/14 but that loses people jobs so the charade continued.   

I know im a homer so my opinion is obviously biased and I really don't know a small fraction about other teams prospects and rosters compared to the canucks. But I just don't see us as being that bad.  I think we have some good young talent. Yes they aren't the McDavids and mackinnons of the NHL but I still believe they can respectably get the job done.  Hockey is a team game after all. 

Anyway this team lives and dies with the Sedins, so clearly all these "analysts" and video game Sims see a massive drop off in their point totals, that's what it all boils down to. I think our more mobile D this season  (what we hope to see anyway) will reignite the offense from Dank and Hank, thus shutting the haters up and improving the teams overall point totals. 

Archived