The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The trustworthy opinion of EA Sports Season Simulation.

hyper00

On 2016-10-05 at 1:19 PM, hyper00 said:

Well if you thought "USA Today Sports" had high hopes for us, EA Sports just revealed their season simulation. Just remember that they predicted the Anaheim Ducks winning the cup last season against the Montreal Canadians, and the Canucks winning the cup in 2011.

Canucks are last again.jpg

Well, if the luck pans out that way then the 4th pick is as good as ours!!! :P

I mean, these are simulations with injuries on, and Miller doesn't always play great in their sims as well. Sedins never get a lot of points either. Whenever I sim seasons, Sedins usually get like 60 points or so.

Also, Troy Stecher isn't in that, but not sure how much of a difference he would make in the sim anyways. He's probably going to be an 80 overall or something. He's not even in the game yet because he hasn't played any official games in the leagues that are in it. Too bad the NCAA isn't in the NHL games.

On 05/10/2016 at 1:27 PM, HerrDrFunk said:

I wonder how many times they sim things? Is it just once or do they do it multiple times and then average out the points? I'm curious because funnily enough, the first season of franchise mode I simmed saw the Canucks take 2nd in the west. 

I remember them saying the sim is run 1 000 000 times and this is the median result. I'll try to find a source for that, I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, brownky said:
2015-16 Vancouver Canucks NHL 74 11 44 55    
2013-14 Vancouver Canucks NHL 70 11 39 50  

Henrik Sedin^ GP, Goals, Assists, Points. 55  and 50 out of 2 of the last 3 seasons.

I'd say that's right on the money then.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's wrong. Even when the Sedins had over 100 points in those 2 seasons, EA still simmed them with around 60.

I don't see the Canucks making the playoffs unless the twins are PPG.

• Presidents’ Trophy: Nashville Predators
  • Conn Smythe Trophy: Filip Forsberg (NSH)
  • Hart Memorial Trophy: Connor McDavid (STL)
  • Art Ross Trophy: Connor McDavid (EDM)
  • James Norris Memorial Trophy: Brent Burns (SJS)
  • Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy: Vladimir Tarasenko (STL)
  • Vezina Trophy: Carey Price (MTL)
  • William M. Jennings Trophy: Martin Jones (SJS)
  • Frank J. Selke Trophy: Anze Kopitar (LA)
  • Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Nicklas Backstrom (WAS)
  • Calder Memorial Trophy: Auston Matthews (TOR)
  • Ted Lindsay Award: Connor McDavid (EDM)

Something wrong with this list, Conner mentioned in STL?

On 2016-10-05 at 1:44 PM, HerrDrFunk said:

It is pretty nice having the bar set so low though. Pretty much all we need to do is not finish last to prove everyone wrong.

Well said. Everyone is predicting the Canucks to be the worst in the league this year, just shows that really no one knows anything about hockey (except Canucks fans) and this fact will be demonstrated this year with us finishing 29th or above! EVERYONE will be proven wrong!

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

A coach and a draft pick.

Toronto has a great coach! Well I was just reading today a statement of his where he said that he plans to err on the side of caution with the rookies. Can you imagine, you pay a coach $8 million a year and he tells you he plans to err!! How about for $8 million you know what you are doing Babcock??

7 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Toronto has a great coach! Well I was just reading today a statement of his where he said that he plans to err on the side of caution with the rookies. Can you imagine, you pay a coach $8 million a year and he tells you he plans to err!! How about for $8 million you know what you are doing Babcock??

I can't badmouth Babcock.  Have the utmost respect for him and have no doubt he will improve that team vastly, but 91pts, the playoffs - and 28 ahead of Vancouver - that's bent.

Just now, oldnews said:

I can't badmouth Babcock.  Have the utmost respect for him and have no doubt he will improve that team vastly, but 91pts, the playoffs - and 28 ahead of Vancouver - that's bent.

Did he improve the Leafs vastly last year?

Archived