Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To All the Fans Crying For Luca Sbisa to be Traded Right Now


dank.sinatra

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, nuck-lifer said:

Good post

If he was paid 2.5 M I think people would give him more slack. Benning clearly over paid but....

 

On the worst plus-minus team in the NHL, who was their only PLUS Defenseman last year?

 

While his gaffs for some reason get blown out of proportion, numerous times last year when we were in trouble (which was often), he turned the game around by laying out an apposing player, or making an aggressive play to force the flow of the game.

 

He is also (right now) the only proven D on the team that can slot into a top 4 position for an extended period of time "when" one of our top 4 goes down.

If they are serious about making the playoffs , yeah they absolutely should keep him!

This is not a great argument as Sbisa had an extremely high even strength save % when on the ice. Looking at +/- often leads to incorrect conclusions. Jeff Schultz once led the league in +/- with +50 lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don't understand why everyone hates on Sbisa and his contract. Here are the guys making approximately the same amount as Sbisa and I really don't see them as being an upgrade on Luca.

 

1. Braydon Coburn - $3,700,000

2. Mark Fayne - $3,625,000

3. Luca Sbisa - $3,600,000

4. Ladislav Smid - $3,500,000

5. Erik Gudbranson - $3,500,000

6. Rob Scuderi - $3,375,000

 

There actually might be one player there that I would take over Luca. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I bet Sbisa has a full healthy season and blows everyone's minds. 

 

Sbisa was our only D man last year that had any toughness and sandpaper.

Sure he isn't as smooth on the breakout but at least he make opponents pay the price. He also sticks up for his teamates.. 

 

I hope he has a great season and proves the doubter wrong.    With Try and Guddy  / Pedan  we may not need Sbisa's toughness as much this year though.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

... never underestimate the optimism of CDC. 

 

No one will want Sbisa. Now or at the deadline. He's barely cutting it on a bottom feeder and his value won't improve playing another season for a mediocre team. 

Olive Oyl thinks yer ugly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My biggest problem with Sbisa  is that his sitting on a huge golden ticket right now and he knows it. Have no problems with the man just don't like the player. Was he not benched for the latter part of the World Cup? While we get all microscopic on guys like Pedan, and Stetcher, and Larsen, and Tryamkin, hes played zero preseason games and is one giant question mark. Like Pedan to me is better than Sbisa the way that Stetcher is better than Larsen. I think Tryamkin is better than Sbisa or Pedan, but I think hes destined for top 4 minutes. How more people aren't putting the pressure on Sbisa the way the media is on Etem blows the mind. I mean he was benched in the World Cup people. Etem has just had a kid and hes basically off the team in the minds of fans. Its blows my mind that Sbisa gets a pass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

If the team was hard up for cap, it may be more of an issue to move Sbisa, but they're sitting on over 4 million in space - have lots of flexibility to make moves - it makes more sense to let it play out.

 

$3.478 to be precise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

 

Wow you need to learn to read. He made a grammar mistake. He missed a coma before "in Utica." Here I'll fix it for you since you seem rather inept. 

 

" However Stetcher does not have to clear waivers and could perhaps even improve on what he has already shown, in Utica." 

Kind of the point of grammar is that people who actually DO KNOW how to read, can read what you write... LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

My biggest problem with Sbisa  is that his sitting on a huge golden ticket right now and he knows it. Have no problems with the man just don't like the player. Was he not benched for the latter part of the World Cup? While we get all microscopic on guys like Pedan, and Stetcher, and Larsen, and Tryamkin, hes played zero preseason games and is one giant question mark. Like Pedan to me is better than Sbisa the way that Stetcher is better than Larsen. I think Tryamkin is better than Sbisa or Pedan, but I think hes destined for top 4 minutes. How more people aren't putting the pressure on Sbisa the way the media is on Etem blows the mind. I mean he was benched in the World Cup people. Etem has just had a kid and hes basically off the team in the minds of fans. Its blows my mind that Sbisa gets a pass.

 

So, Sbisa was ranked the 7th best defenseman in the RoE team.  Baertschi wasn't even ranked among the 14 best forwards in RoE, so what does that say about him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 'NucK™ said:

Yeah that's the problem... Playing in Van with one of Larsen, Pedan, Tryamkin does not at all suggest that his value is going to be going up. 

 

The OP is right though that there will be much more demand at the trade deadline which is equally important.

We tried that with Hamhuis.

If Hammer couldn't fetch us much than I highly doublt Sbisa will.

Ask Luongo, his contact sucks!!! :blink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Googlie said:

 

So, Sbisa was ranked the 7th best defenseman in the RoE team.  Baertschi wasn't even ranked among the 14 best forwards in RoE, so what does that say about him?

Defense was not the strong point of the team and he initially was playing, then he was benched. I do reserve judgement until we see him play, but its just unfair how others are basically on notice that their jobs are in the air, and Sbisa is untouchable because we are paying so much. Its a parody.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Defense was not the strong point of the team and he initially was playing, then he was benched. I do reserve judgement until we see him play, but its just unfair how others are basically on notice that their jobs are in the air, and Sbisa is untouchable because we are paying so much. Its a parody.

 

Maybe, just maybe, he is worth it.  I know points and plus/minus isn't everything, but here's an interesting comparison:

 

Sbisa,              age 26, salary $3.6, NHL games 383, 14G and 61A, career plus/minus -27

Gudbranson,   age 24, salary $3.5, NHL games 309, 11G and 32A, career plus/minus -49

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Googlie said:

 

Maybe, just maybe, he is worth it.  I know points and plus/minus isn't everything, but here's an interesting comparison:

 

Sbisa,              age 26, salary $3.6, NHL games 383, 14G and 61A, career plus/minus -27

Gudbranson,   age 24, salary $3.5, NHL games 309, 11G and 32A, career plus/minus -49

Hey I want to believe we all win if he plays well. But in that comparison Gud is on a MAJOR upswing right now in value while Sbisa is on the downswing. I would trade Sbisas higher offensive numbers for Gudbransons physical play, any day of the week. Consider that we are in the Pacific division and we need the physicality. Gudbransons stock is worth more out here than on the East coast. Gudbranson also I believe is waayyyy more liked in the locker room, not a knock on Sbisa, its just Gud seems to be gelling a lot better than Sbisa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 'NucK™ said:

Yeah that's the problem... Playing in Van with one of Larsen, Pedan, Tryamkin does not at all suggest that his value is going to be going up. 

 

The OP is right though that there will be much more demand at the trade deadline which is equally important.

 

Pair Edler with Stecher, then Tanev with Sbisa for the pump 'n dump!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...