The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To All the Fans Crying For Luca Sbisa to be Traded Right Now

dank.sinatra

10 minutes ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

Did you see Sbisa in the third period tonight stick handling himself into the corner and subsequently turning it over? He is a pretty bad hockey player. He's practically a pylon who can hit sometimes!

I respect the man for parlaying such little talent into what is a pretty nice payday with a lot of guts and old fashioned try. I think you have to admire that.

3 minutes ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

Yeah, I still can't really believe the amount of money JB decided to pay him. But good for him I guess!

What hat size do you reckon Bo wears anyway. I've got a pretty big melon myself and wear a 7 5/8; I gotta think Bo might be an 8, which is quite unusual.

17 hours ago, stawns said:

I never get the "huge contract" argument around sbisa......he's paid market value for a #4-5 dman who can play bigger mins if need be.

This past year (obviously considering time lost for injury) was more palatable than the previous year. I had been a detractor of his since he was included in the trade, and he hasn't exactly proven me wrong, but he's been serviceable considering his pay grade and abilities. That's not saying a lot mind you.

On October 7, 2016 at 0:49 AM, Salmonberries said:

What hat size do you reckon Bo wears anyway. I've got a pretty big melon myself and wear a 7 5/8; I gotta think Bo might be an 8, which is quite unusual.

Yeah but Hodgson was an 11.

On 2016-10-06 at 11:41 PM, Salmonberries said:

I respect the man for parlaying such little talent into what is a pretty nice payday with a lot of guts and old fashioned try. I think you have to admire that.

Well, Luca Sbisa could deke an entire 16 year old triple A hockey team... any NHL player can, he looks below average in terms of NHL players but he's ions better then any of us. 

59 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

Well, Luca Sbisa could deke an entire 16 year old triple A hockey team... any NHL player can, he looks below average in terms of NHL players but he's ions better then any of us. 

Yup. 15 points in 19 games in the playoffs as a rookie defenseman in the WHL. He might not be good in the NHL but he is still insanely talented, not like a goon who can't score in junior but still makes it up through fighting. Wade Brookbank for example scored just 9 goals over two full seasons in Junior A. 

A whole lot of you guys better be putting some good sauces on those feet, because Sbisa is going to make a lot of you be putting them in your mouth. 

People seem to forget how young he is, and how he took a huge step forward last half of last year. 

Luca will be our #5 this year, and a good one at that.  

Back when Sbisa had pretty good trade value, people didn't want to trade him either. It seems like everyone's holding out for what could be with Luca when it fact it's all the more likely that his mental lapses keep him from getting to the level Canucks fans are always dreaming of. 

For REAL?  why is this even being brought up? 

Last year we got absolutely KILLED with injuries!!!!! It was not a surprise to some of us to watch JB go after depth for exactly that reason...

At one point we were down 8 GUYS! 2 of which were long term...  Is there even a team out there that that could have made the playoff's with that sort of decimation through it's ranks? highly doubtful unless it had the best farm and depth in history and even then in the best hockey league in the world doesn't promise anything!

So all the media and writers either forgot exactly how bad it was or never realized how any team could not sustain such damage without ending up "DEAD LAST" almost which happened to us.

And all the hype about it?  and bashing us?  Are they on drugs or just that stupid ffs???

We will need all the help we can get for injuries and if we get it, luck wise opposed to last yrs crash then we'll be ok. In a sense, IF it took that to light a fire under JB to get the depth he got over the summer then so be it because if we have a "normal" injury year then we WILL make it into the playoff's. This team is much better than last year and we were doing ok at the start before injuries destroyed us.

13 hours ago, drummerboy said:

A whole lot of you guys better be putting some good sauces on those feet, because Sbisa is going to make a lot of you be putting them in your mouth. 

People seem to forget how young he is, and how he took a huge step forward last half of last year. 

Luca will be our #5 this year, and a good one at that.  

Perhaps Lucas could provide us with a zesty marinara

On 10/5/2016 at 3:10 PM, ashbury said:

This is why you'd make terrible general managers...

Luca Sbisa currently doesn't have a high trade value, especially at this time of year. Currently, every team is trying to trim their roster. Teams are looking to drop bottom pairing defencemen, not add them. At the moment, Sbisa may fetch a 3rd to 5th round draft pick, if anything.

Vancouver has been gifted with a denfenceman who is bursting with potential and currently looks ready to play in the NHL in Troy Stetcher. However, Stetcher does not have to clear waivers and could perhaps even improve on what he has already shown in the preseason by spending time in Utica.

Vancouver also has another two young defencemen who need to be eased into full-time NHL roles in Tryamkin and Pedan. Keeping Sbisa allows this gradual integration to happen.

At the trade-deadline Luca Sbisa's value will sky-rocket, potentially greatly if he has a half decent season, which he does actually seem poised to do. GMs wet themselves for d-men of Sbisa's breed at the deadline. This is when Sbisa should be moved. Moving him now would be terrible asset management and put an awful lot of pressure on players who may not be ready despite showing great potential. After the deadline Vancouver will have gained an asset much greater than the actual value of Sbisa in the trade and can then allow the young d-men to take a larger role at a time when they are much more prepared. This will limit the inevitable mistakes made by rookie defencemen, making the team better in the present and building our young players confidence to make the team better in the future. While moving Sbisa at the deadline will surely help the team in the future.

It's called foresight, many of you seem to lack it.

Sbisa has zero value right now. He started to gain some traction last year before the injuries.

His World Cup performance was pretty bad. The same pizza-Sbisa we have come to know.

The ONLY way we will even be able to trade him is if we wait for him to find his game. 

So your article isn't putting anybody on notice. Anyone paying attention knows we have been trying to trade him, he's expansion-draft bait along with Biega, and his value is at an all-time low. Our only option is to wait.

On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 3:10 PM, ashbury said:

This is why you'd make terrible general managers...

Luca Sbisa currently doesn't have a high trade value, especially at this time of year. Currently, every team is trying to trim their roster. Teams are looking to drop bottom pairing defencemen, not add them. At the moment, Sbisa may fetch a 3rd to 5th round draft pick, if anything.

Vancouver has been gifted with a denfenceman who is bursting with potential and currently looks ready to play in the NHL in Troy Stetcher. However, Stetcher does not have to clear waivers and could perhaps even improve on what he has already shown in the preseason by spending time in Utica.

Vancouver also has another two young defencemen who need to be eased into full-time NHL roles in Tryamkin and Pedan. Keeping Sbisa allows this gradual integration to happen.

At the trade-deadline Luca Sbisa's value will sky-rocket, potentially greatly if he has a half decent season, which he does actually seem poised to do. GMs wet themselves for d-men of Sbisa's breed at the deadline. This is when Sbisa should be moved. Moving him now would be terrible asset management and put an awful lot of pressure on players who may not be ready despite showing great potential. After the deadline Vancouver will have gained an asset much greater than the actual value of Sbisa in the trade and can then allow the young d-men to take a larger role at a time when they are much more prepared. This will limit the inevitable mistakes made by rookie defencemen, making the team better in the present and building our young players confidence to make the team better in the future. While moving Sbisa at the deadline will surely help the team in the future.

It's called foresight, many of you seem to lack it.

Awwww..... thread #236 about redundant reasons as to why to "simply get rid of" Sbisa

You don't even list any of the mistakes that Sbisa makes only that he makes mistakes. Last year he was paired with The likes of Swuss Smurf in Weber and Bartkowski. Besides being paired with a more stead Eddy defenseman such as Tanev, who would you suggest Sbisa be paired with last year? Not to mention he was injured. The whole team was hurtin and therefore finished 3rd last. 

This year he stands a chance to have a better partner and actually form a tandem that can actually be a factor. He didn't do too bad at World Cup.  

Give the guy a chance to redeem himself why don't ya before puking out another thread about YOUR opinions

Archived