The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Zalewski, Pedan, Megna, Chaput

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I hope Pedan clears.  I think he is starting to 'get it' and could become an NHL regular like Guance.  He needs to play big mins in Utica in pressure situations.  If he can handle that he'll be a call up and hopefully on the roster next year.

If he gets resigned...which I doubt...he is probably better off getting claimed...he might actually get a chance to play and show something which he didnt here.

22 minutes ago, J.R. said:

People are still crying about Corrado one year later and Pedan is a better prospect. I expect a crap-storm of fretting and hand wringing on here :lol:

I think it was bob mckenzie on 1040 lastweek mentioned that corrado might be put on waivers and we could have him back :lol: i guess pedan is this years corrado. But best situation he goes to utica for the year. I dont think hes ready yet and obviously management feels the same way. 

8 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

If he gets resigned...which I doubt...he is probably better off getting claimed...he might actually get a chance to play and show something which he didnt here.

Yeah I agree he didn't get much of an opportunity.  I think Stetcher threw a serious wrench into things.  Trying to see what they had in Larsen/Tryamkin probably didn't help his cause either.  

He'll clear

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Canucks?src=hash">#Canucks</a> fans, if Barberio didn't get scooped yesterday, I wouldn't worry about Pedan being claimed.</p>— Dan Murphy (@sportsnetmurph) <a href="https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/status/784071515134316545">October 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

47 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

lol nothing to back up when he hasnt shown anything...management doesnt even want him sticking around for the 7th and 8th spot.

Im sorry if u went and bought ur pedan jersey.

So in other words, you have nothing to back it up with.

Pedan so overrated lol. He's a fringe #6 defender. Reminds me of the time we had Ryan Stanton.

...don't get why so many people think he's something special. There's always players like him getting waived and available as FA's. 

/not the end of the world if he gets claimed and certainly nothing to lose sleep over.

I also hope Pedan clears... he can always fill in if Tryamkin really struggles or is out injured.

Keeping Biega to play his 19 games is the stupidest thing to satisfy the expansion draft!! How do you justify denying the likes of Sbisa, Larsen or Tryamkin for those games????? I know Biega isn't bad per se.... but not any better than the above players! I'm sure by the end of the season we can easily find a D-man having played 70 games in 2 seasons to accept a $600k deal.

4 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I also hope Pedan clears... he can always fill in if Tryamkin really struggles or is out injured.

Keeping Biega to play his 19 games is the stupidest thing to satisfy the expansion draft!! How do you justify denying the likes of Sbisa, Larsen or Tryamkin for those games????? I know Biega isn't bad per se.... but not any better than the above players! I'm sure by the end of the season we can easily find a D-man having played 70 games in 2 seasons to accept a $600k deal.

Who says Biega is staying? And if he does, why is that the assumed reason?

I thought Pedan might get one more game, but really, there's no surprises here. I expect all these guys to clear.

On the other side of this, I'm thinking that Stecher might actually make the opening night lineup.

I really miss One Nut Sami, you could always count on him getting injured in camp (or before camp even starts) and creating a spot for another young player. ::D

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Who says Biega is staying? And if he does, why is that the assumed reason?

Well it's not because of his skill set. He's not a NHL caliber D.  He's been the worst D in competition for the NHL spot. 

And it likely means he's staying when will already said theirs only room for one of Stecher and Larsen. 

If all fairness waiving Pedan in favor of Beiga has WD stench all over it.

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I don't know man.... everybody seems happy to let him play 19 games just to get the expansion rule over with...

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Well it's not because of his skill set. He's not a NHL caliber D.  He's been the worst D in competition for the NHL spot. 

And it likely means he's staying when will already said theirs only room for one of Stecher and Larsen. 

If all fairness waiving Pedan in favor of Beiga has WD stench all over it.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. The one 'knock' on Stetcher is basically, 'can he keep this up'? If he's got Larsen looming directly over his shoulder, he's got very immediate incentive prodding him on. It also works well if he gets hurt or needs a game or two off (overworked, struggling etc), you simply slot Larsen in as the PP/PMD and let Stetcher sit with no risk of losing Larsen back to the KHL or on waivers to another team. 

And in those cases, Larsen will have incentive to play his arse off to keep the spot.

Biega can always be recalled and if Stetcher struggles, he can be waived at any point of the season.

Makes a LOT of sense (to me anyway).

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

I honestly think the expansion draft was at best a secondary concern of managements. With Guddy and Try, we already have two guys filling that role in the lineup (and to a lesser extent Sbisa as well).

It's already going to be tough getting Tryamkin minutes behind our starting 6, never mind Pedan as well, also hurting his development.

Personally that redundancy and risk to his development were the two biggest reasons IMO.

Archived