The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Zalewski, Pedan, Megna, Chaput

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

now that Pedan has been waived I have never seen so many people come out of the woodwork saying how useless he is.

Classic benning homers blindly follow and praise every and all moves as pure Guinness.

it's pretty comical. 

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That's what i've been saying, the forwards have been making things much more interesting, they should be looking at going with 14-7 but I don't think they send tryamkin down (even though he may benefit from it),  He probably bolts back to russia if he's not on the team and that's not a good scenerio for the canucks to put themselves in.  Also Stecher has shown he belongs on this team over a player like Beiga but has too many unknown to drop larsen of out a spot (yet).  I'd send send both Stecher and Beiga down,  Have Tryamkin rotate in, and play that roster until christmas.  If an injury happens call someone up. but by then we should have a much better idea on what players are capable of and a lot more questions will be answer. 

Does Tryamkin replace sbisa? 

Does Larsen prove to be a good NHLer?

Can Stecher maintain he play in the AHL? 

Why take gambles on those things now when we can remove the risk and have a better understanding in a couple of months.   

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Sbisa-Larsen

Tryamkin

Also ff Pedan clears then we have Stecher, Subban, Beiga and Pedan to help Demko get adjusted in the AHL.  Right now he's got Subban and we're crossing are fingers with Pedan. 

I largely agree.... It really depends on how Tryamkin would take a short term demotion and the word is that they have had those discussions and he is amenable to a short sting in the minors.  It certainly seems better for him to play than sit on the bench or have limited minuters here, just no idea if he sees it that way.

If they came to him and said, "Hey, we need you to spend some time playing big minutes and work on X and Y.  We want to send you to Utica for a set time of something like 6 weeks to work on them and get you more into game speed."  ... it is hard to take exception to that and it could make a ton of difference to how impactful an NHLer he becomes.  The AHL is a pretty rough league and he might have more opportunity to develop that mean streak he needs to find which would be.

If he performs poorly in the AHL, and poorly in a couple of short injury call ups... then you have a lot less concern if he bolts to the KHL anyways.

2 minutes ago, combover said:

Classic benning homers blindly follow and praise every and all moves as pure Guinness.

it's pretty comical. 

Everything Benning does is pure Guinness!!!

guinness-010.jpg

Now that makes for good hockey decisions! 

1 minute ago, combover said:

it's pretty comical. 

By that logic, a classic Benning homer would have to like Pedan because Benning spent a 3rd on him

I'm not a homer. I never liked Pedan. I don't consider waiving Pedan a good or bad move, it's just the kind of move that every team makes. Waiving Pedan means about as much as waiving Megna to me

5 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Teams won't just pick him up to be a healthy scratch and hope that with only practice he's going to suddenly become an NHL regular.  And they certainly won't play him in their top 6 right away based on his training camp performances.

He will clear.

Isn't that what happened with Corrado? He sat in the press box for like 3 months

28 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

now that Pedan has been waived I have never seen so many people come out of the woodwork saying how useless he is.

In fairness, it's only really a few people. I'm fine with the move given he needs playing time, wouldn't get it here and quite clearly is 5th on the left D depth chart. I for one, hope he passes so we can retain him but I understand why he was waived.

46 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I thinks it's mostly newb fans who don't know any different than this pussified version of the NHL, but then complain when the sedins get slapped around and our goalies run through the crease.

1 hour ago, Time Lord said:

By that logic, a classic Benning homer would have to like Pedan because Benning spent a 3rd on him

I'm not a homer. I never liked Pedan. I don't consider waiving Pedan a good or bad move, it's just the kind of move that every team makes. Waiving Pedan means about as much as waiving Megna to me

Oh I see you don't actually watch hockey then I got you, you just sit back and read the hockey news and run fantasy leagues. Are you high.... right now?

44 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Oh I see you don't actually watch hockey then I got you, you just sit back and read the hockey news and run fantasy leagues. Are you high.... right now?

What?

Are you offended because I don't like Pedan and you do? I don't see how my post warrants your response. It's just my personal opinion on a pretty minor player.

39 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Did I say it did? Your comparison wasn't accurate, so I pointed it out. 

# of fights per:

Pedan - 6'5", 213lbs

2015-2016: 3 in AHL, 2 in NHL

2014-2015: 12 in AHL

2013-2014: 3 in AHL

Total: 18 in AHL, 2 in NHL

Mayfield - 6'4", 225lbs

2015-2015: 2 in AHL, 1 in NHL

2014-2015: 8 in AHL

2013-2014: 7 in AHL, 1 in NHL

Total: 17 in AHL, 2 in NHL

Seems very similar over the past 3 years to me...

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

# of fights per:

Pedan - 6'5", 213lbs

2015-2016: 3 in AHL, 2 in NHL

2014-2015: 12 in AHL

2013-2014: 3 in AHL

Total: 18 in AHL, 2 in NHL

Mayfield - 6'4", 225lbs

2015-2015: 2 in AHL, 1 in NHL

2014-2015: 8 in AHL

2013-2014: 7 in AHL, 1 in NHL

Total: 17 in AHL, 2 in NHL

Seems very similar over the past 3 years to me...

Uhh...why are you giving me these numbers?

What significance does this have to ability?

I've seen every fight of both of them, complete different class of fighters. 

You're making your assumption solely on the fact that they are similar in size, age and play the same position. I've seen Pedan lose one fight decisively, while Mayfield routinely loses to the bums like Latta.  

Archived