The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Oilers trade F Nail Yakupov to the Blues

1 minute ago, FijianCanuck said:

Atleast Chiarelli is making the moves. Wonder what Chicago was offering?

Simply making moves is not always the best thing.

Chiarelli has basically signaled to the rest of the league that his young castaways can be had for dirt cheap. I can't imagine what the Nuge is going to fetch if the day comes when they trade him.

Just now, the harry said:

Houseclearing is a good thing, but man, giving another first overall away for peanuts makes the oilers tanking years looking really stupid.

I feel bad for any oiler fans.

could you imagine what an oiler fan would think of you went back before yak was drafted.  if the oiler traded Taylor hall and their 1st round pick for an underperforming Adam Larrson and a 3rd round pick. 

mind blown

Their board is all but dead.

But cannot wait to read some of the no doubt ensuing comments that will pour in here

http://fans.oilers.nhl.com/community/topic/17209-nail-yakupov-traded-to-the-blues/

Also, Pachiro is all but an ECHL enforcer, he's like dead weight.  So essentially a 3rd.  He went for a frigging 3rd.  Dammit...I almost cannot wait to see him just absolutely destroy the league as a perennial 30 goal scorer now that he's somewhere good with structure defense and some solid young forwards to grow with.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Their board is all but dead.

But cannot wait to read some of the no doubt ensuing comments that will pour in here

http://fans.oilers.nhl.com/community/topic/17209-nail-yakupov-traded-to-the-blues/

Also, Pachiro is all but an ECHL enforcer, he's like dead weight.  So essentially a 3rd.  He went for a frigging 3rd.  Dammit...I almost cannot wait to see him just absolutely destroy the league as a perennial 30 goal scorer now that he's somewhere good with structure defense and some solid young forwards to grow with.

It's going to take work and time to beat the Oiler out of him.  Hopefully for him it's not too late.  I think Hall got lucky as well. 

Didn't Chirelli defend the obvious poor return for Hall with some stupid comment about the Oilers are in a difficult situation, and their core guys (from the last few years) have baggage attached, or something like that?  Alf thinks if another of the Oiler FOUR go it's Eberle.  He's gotta be worth something decent, no?  

Archived