The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Hurricanes claim Martin Frk on waivers from Red Wings

25 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Damn, always liked this kid.  To be honest shocked that Colorado or Winnipeg didn't jump on this kid for Mackinnon or Ehlers.

He's never played a single game in the NHL so either of those teams would have to 'gift' him an NHL roster spot sight unseen or waive him themselves with the likelihood of the same outcome as happened to DET. 

7 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

He's never played a single game in the NHL so either of those teams would have to 'gift' him an NHL roster spot sight unseen or waive him themselves with the likelihood of the same outcome as happened to DET. 

I've always been a proponent of keeping successful lines together.  If it worked in junior it could/should work in the pro leagues.  Some players bomb by themselves, some players shine.  but some pairings or line mates work so well together it is just common sense to keep them together.

I'm sure many teams took a serious look at him. The gas has some great skill. Seems to finally be getting his game together. DET probably thought they could smuggle him past everyone unnoticed. He's got more upside to his game than Hunter Shinkaruk for example, who in my mind plays a similar style. Probably wasn't that impressive defensively and if he didn't light the lamp then he probably was expendable. Not that I've seen him play this year so this is all speculation on my part. But speculation should fit in here on CDC pretty well.

Archived