The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Brooks Laich, Colin Greening

1 minute ago, DeltaSwede said:

Seen this beauty just now from a leafs fan:

"Brooks Laich was our best veteran presence, surprised he was waived"

Says a lot about what type of team Toronto have got going on over there when your veteran leader is Brooks Laich. 

Considering Brooks Laich was also a leader in the Caps room I don't see what the problem is. 

According to MacLellan trading Laich was on of the hardest things he ever did as GM. 

26 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Either that or they just want to bury 5+ million and a M-NTC in the minors.

^ This.

Between Horton,  Lupul,  Robidas,  Laich, Greening  - that's about 20million in salary they're being 'creative ' with. 

I know it's not all off their cap, but they're approaching LA levels of shady over there in the center of the universe. 

22 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Between Horton,  Lupul,  Robidas,  Laich, Greening  - that's about 20million in salary they're being 'creative ' with. 

I know it's not all off their cap, but they're approaching LA levels of shady over there in the center of the universe. 

WHAT?  You mean Lou doesn't always follow the rules?

47 minutes ago, PlanB said:

^ This.

I still like Lamoreillo talking about Lupul and his injury, "Lupul is devasted" reading between the lines "we're tickled pink this will help out the tank perfectly along with all of our cap space on Robidas Island"

3 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Terrible move by Toronto waiving Laich. He is very popular in Toronto, with some speculating he would be named team captain. Colin Greening also scored 15 points in 30 games last season. They need some vets don't they?

But...if they ice a competitive team they will lose out on Liljegren or Patrick

Just now, Warhippy said:

But...if they ice a competitive team they will lose out on Liljegren or Patrick

True. I've made multiple bets with Leafs fans that Vancouver would finish with more points. 

That said, I am cautiously optimistic about the Canucks. I predict we finish 7th in the west if we finish bottom third for man games lost, 9th if average, and 12th-15 if we are near the top of the injury list again. The team is pretty decent, but the lack of depth is a bit terrifying. 

10 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

True. I've made multiple bets with Leafs fans that Vancouver would finish with more points. 

That said, I am cautiously optimistic about the Canucks. I predict we finish 7th in the west if we finish bottom third for man games lost, 9th if average, and 12th-15 if we are near the top of the injury list again. The team is pretty decent, but the lack of depth is a bit terrifying. 

Look at the lengths the bottom feeders went to to ensure McDavid and Matthews during their draft years.

I expect nothing less than seeing gaming again this year

1 hour ago, Caboose said:

Considering Brooks Laich was also a leader in the Caps room I don't see what the problem is. 

According to MacLellan trading Laich was on of the hardest things he ever did as GM. 

That's all great, but performance on the ice also matters. Something Laich hasn't exactly been offering in abundance over the last few years. 

28 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

That's all great, but performance on the ice also matters. Something Laich hasn't exactly been offering in abundance over the last few years. 

Ummmm,  since when did performance on the ice matter in TO? 

With Marner & Matthews on the roster they'll continue to sell out performance or not - their fans are too stupid to stop going to the games. 

Archived