The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Minnesota Claim F Teemu Pulkkinen Off Waivers

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Where are we in the waiver list though?  Other teams might come before us, no?

We are sitting third which gives us a real good chance after Leafs and Oilers....  I'm pretty sure these teams already got abundance of offensive prospects! And if some team below us picked up Pulkkinen, I think lots of fans here would be disappointed! 

4 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

We are sitting third which gives us a real good chance after Leafs and Oilers....  I'm pretty sure these teams already got abundance of offensive prospects! And if some team below us picked up Pulkkinen, I think lots of fans here would be disappointed! 

I can see TO claiming him.  Just a feeling - they like Det seconds!

10 hours ago, oldnews said:

Good players wind up on waivers this time of year.

That's the reality.

Some whiney "asset management" kidz might take note of something outside this bubble and spare us their virtual tantrums.

Lol wow just insulting people for no reason, well done. Not to sure why your post was necessary...

Anyhow I do think he will pass through but again I'm not sure why you decided to make that post.. Nobody prior to your post acted so silly..

20 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I like Teemu, but this team needs more players with grit and sandpaper along with skill.

We have enough undersized forwards in Anton Rodin and Sven Baertschi

90% of our forward group fits that category, might as well continue the trend. :bigblush:

Regardless, this is a no-brainer pick up and it's been a while since this team was 3rd in line for the waiver wire. 

One positive too having a crappy season. We are near the top of the wavier wire lol.  Will Toronto pass on him though?  I doubt it lol.  Babs has seen him a fair amount prior to signing in TOR.  (I'm assuming lol probably shouldnt do that)

17 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

if skating is the only issue here that can be fixed IE Horvat

Management consistently says they can help prospects pick up a half step in their skating. That might be the difference between him being a middle 6 scorer and a AHL tweener. I would put a claim in on him and Griffith just in case you don't get one you get the other. Give them some opportunity ad if it does't work out call someone up or sign one of the PTO's in a month. Free look at a scoring winger.

45 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

if skating is the only issue here that can be fixed IE Horvat

Horvat never needed his skating 'fixed' - that was the banter of people who had no idea what they were talking about.

But 'helping' prospects pick up a half step' as Derp puts it is one thing when you're talking about an 18 yr old - quite another when you're talking about a 24 yr old.

Anyhow, if this team is going to the waiver wire, I think McNeill may be more realistic in any event (I'm guessing Toronto takes Pulkkinen - they have no intention of winning this year despite some loopy projections of media that have them making the playoffs - and they can afford to keep him around at 60 or 70% as he tries to recover).

McNeill may be the better fit in any event, as a big, two way center that is more cut out for a bottom six role than Pulkkinen.

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Baertschi Sutter Hansen

Granlund Horvat Virtanen/Burrows

Etem/Gaunce McNeill Dorsett

Archived