The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Westworld (HBO)

Toews

• 3 weeks later...

i really liked episode 3/4, didn't care much for 5, and thought 6 was just okay. this show is so up and down for me, but i also wonder if i just wasn't in the mood when i watched the last two. sci fi isn't my thing at all, so i think i just need to be in the right state of mind. idk. still think it's good, just not sure how good.

On 07/11/2016 at 2:24 PM, Hugor Hill said:

I'll need to rematch the whole thing just to 'get' the nuances of all the plots.

And I hope Elsie is not dead.

Generally characters that are simply grabbed from behind aren't killed.

I spend my first watching noticing all the little things so it's pretty dense with content as far as I'm concerned.  Surprised people are missing all the little but not overly obscure self-referential bits.

On 17/10/2016 at 8:50 AM, Hugor Hill said:

Would it be chilling to think that:

Reveal hidden contents

Ed Harris is actually the same guy like 40 years later. We haven't actually seen this dude and his a**hole friend together with the game designers (like Hopkins and his colleagues...) or Harris himself.
I don't think so because I don't think the game has been around this long, has it? But it is chilling to imagine this theory.

Would have been a really cool twist.  Sadly the current iteration of Westworld has only been around for a year so they've already made it an impossibility.

1 hour ago, SamJamIam said:

I spend my first watching noticing all the little things so it's pretty dense with content as far as I'm concerned.  Surprised people are missing all the little but not overly obscure self-referential bits.

I'll need to rematch the whole thing before the finale. It's dense like you said.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/11/2016 at 3:39 PM, SamJamIam said:

Lol so much for that! :lol:

So how about that last episode? Quite a few big reveals there. I anticipated Will = MIB and Benard previously killing Elsa(sp?) but I hadn't thought about Bernard being a re-creation of Arnold.

I'm loving Anthony Hopkins more and more in this. Those scenes with Bernard were especially good but painful to watch. I naively though Ford might not be a completely villainous character at the beginning but I should've known they'd use ANthony Hopkins appropriately. 

Has anyone noticed some wooden/poor acting from Bernard, Dolores and Will recently? I'm guessing it's part of the show for Bernard and Dolores since they're synths but idk about Jimmy Simpson. This isn't really his fault but that part where he shouted "DON'T TOUCH HER" last episode sounds SO much like this one scene in Always Sunny that I laughed so hard and was taken right out of the show.

The scene I'm talking about for anyone interested:

5 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

So how about that last episode? Quite a few big reveals there. I anticipated Will = MIB and Benard previously killing Elsa(sp?) but I hadn't thought about Bernard being a re-creation of Arnold.

I'm loving Anthony Hopkins more and more in this. Those scenes with Bernard were especially good but painful to watch. I naively though Ford might not be a completely villainous character at the beginning but I should've known they'd use ANthony Hopkins appropriately. 

Has anyone noticed some wooden/poor acting from Bernard, Dolores and Will recently? I'm guessing it's part of the show for Bernard and Dolores since they're synths but idk about Jimmy Simpson. This isn't really his fault but that part where he shouted "DON'T TOUCH HER" last episode sounds SO much like this one scene in Always Sunny that I laughed so hard and was taken right out of the show.

The scene I'm talking about for anyone interested:

Will is inconsistent at best imo.  And Dolored is only marginally better.

the last three episodes have been head and shoulders above any of the earlier episodes.  I admit I'm still trying to put together the last episode with it's time flash sequences.

Archived