The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Lightning re-sign F Nikita Kucherov [3 year x $4.76M AAV]

AriGold

WTF he should fire his agent!  He should be making at least as much as johnny hockey and if you're going to sign a bridge deal for that cheap, don't do it for 3 years!  Wow, what a freaking steal and I bet florida's tax savings plays into it again, just like stamkos.  Why would he hold out, only to sign for so cheap now?!

5 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

WTF he should fire his agent!  He should be making at least as much as johnny hockey and if you're going to sign a bridge deal for that cheap, don't do it for 3 years!  Wow, what a freaking steal and I bet florida's tax savings plays into it again, just like stamkos.  Why would he hold out, only to sign for so cheap now?!

Sometimes, winning the Cup is more important than the amount of money you make. Tampa Bay has a great chance to win the Cup within the next 3-5 years so he took a major discount to do so.

11 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

He'll be making a lot more than Johnny when he re-signs in 3yrs.  And probably have a cup under his belt to boot!

Cheap, but at the same time, this deal brings him closer to free agency.  Seems like he'll still be RFA after, but with arbitration would be 1 year away from free agency and a huge pay day.  I don't think Kucherov will have the same attachment to Tampa as Stamkos had.  He'll get probably 9M$ for 7/8 years by that time.

Them Russians are all out for themselves, just looking to get paid, not really team players.....

Anyhow, that's a shocker - he really took one for the team, obviously wants to win.

He'll certainly have some leverage in three years if he elects to use it.

Wow... then what does Johnson get? Can't expect more than $5 can he? 

I guess Stammer and Kuch both took 2.5 million dollar discounts vs the open market so they could win? 

I wish someone had offer sheeted Kuch. Wrecked the lightning with a 6.5... would have loved the look on Steve Detroit Sell Out Y's disgusting face. 

Archived