The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Waiver claims from Tuesday Oct. 11th

25 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Actually kinda surprised we didn't pick anyone up.  I'm not convinced we have either enough scoring for this season, nor enough potential top-six talent for the future.

Unfortunately, the waiver-wire isn't normally where you find either of those things.

Just now, Apple Juice said:

Nice claim from Pittsburgh on Condon. With Murray out, they need a reliable backup and Condon has proved that in Montreal. Also helps them keep both Fleury and Murray on their team post expansion draft if I am correct.

They can only protect one goalie.  

There were no "real Gud" players to be had.

Nobody that fit our age gap requirements.

Nobody that fit the project reclamation requirements.

Kind of shocked really, if the contract cap numbers are right and we've currently only 45.  What did we have to lose?

How is this a loss? That we didn't pick up anyone. I would have liked Griffith or Pulkkinen, but it happens. They were waived for a reason too I guess.

We have a plan and sticking to it so I'm not worried. I'll worry when there is reason to worry.

So far we are tied for 1st in the league with just 82 more games to go so it's looking real good. :P

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

What garbage... Jimbo caught snoozing and missed out on Teemu. 

the entire bottom half of the league - including teams like Carolina, Toronto, etc did not think he'd make or improve their team, but nevertheless, scouting genius and fairweather homer apollo takes the opportunity to take a shot at his GM.

curious apollo - where would you have gifted Pulkkinen a spot in the lineup?

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I think (not sure) that the Condon claim by Pitt screws MTL out of an expansion eligible goalie. We'll see more of this in the coming season. 

They do have Montoya who they can possibly expose in the expansion draft. I don't quite remember how long the Habs have him sign for but they can still expose Montoya I think. So I'm assuming it's a win win for them

15 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

How is this a loss? That we didn't pick up anyone. I would have liked Griffith or Pulkkinen, but it happens. They were waived for a reason too I guess.

We have a plan and sticking to it so I'm not worried. I'll worry when there is reason to worry.

So far we are tied for 1st in the league with just 82 more games to go so it's looking real good. :P

Predicted 65 points - reason? 

3 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Predicted 65 points - reason? 

We can all keep predicting points as much as we want. Some will be close and others wont. I'll surely be more upset if the predicted 65 points you mention is what Pulkkinen delivers in Minnesota this season... Then we can panic.

10 minutes ago, oldnews said:

the entire bottom half of the league - including teams like Carolina, Toronto, etc did not think he'd make or improve their team, but nevertheless, scouting genius and fairweather homer apollo takes the opportunity to take a shot at his GM.

curious apollo - where would you have gifted Pulkkinen a spot in the lineup?

I'd send Gaunce down, (Granlund stays at 4th line C), send Jake down as well. Let both guys play some games with Utica. 

Slot Teemu with Granlund on the 4th line or give him a chance to play on other lines... try him out for at least 5 games. Worst case scenario, you waive him again if he doesn't impress and detroit takes him back or someone else does.

Best case scenario, Teemu impresses, and we have inevitable injuries occur which open up room for either Gaunce or Jake to get the first call up. 

Other things that could happen, Etem and Burr play poorly and we waive either of the two. 

Teemu could have been a free asset. Jimbo caught snoozing, that is all. He doesn't have enough eyes to scout every player and he's been wrong on more than a few occasions... I think this will be one of them.

43 minutes ago, AriGold said:

I rarely say this, but Blake Price is right.

The Rodin injury gave the Canucks absolutely nothing to lose with Pulkkinen. Try him w/ Horvat or with Sutter. Waive him if it doesn't work

.................. Jimbo caught snoozing. Forgot to set his alarm... or didn't even have any clue who Teemu is. What a garbage GM. 

Archived