The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(DISCUSSION) Will Boeser sign with us next year?

2 hours ago, cripplereh said:

WOW Benning has been in contact with him and has recently said he will be a canucks next year so why start this if it has been answered already???

2 hours ago, Jam126 said:

Why is this a thread?

These. He's likely to sign after this year, and at most after next season. He'd still have another year of eligibility left so couldn't "pull a Vesey" and go the UFA route.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Won't be the last.  Just wait until the panic once 12 hours has passed after Boeser's last College game.

What, after this season ends (when he has 2 years more NCAA eligibility still) or after his college career is over? Because he won't be in college long enough to run out his eligibility and make it it UFA status.

Seriously, OP, this doesn't have to be a self-fulfilling prophecy that someone in another thread says or bets another won't make a thread and then that person goes and makes the thread. We have enough crap here already.

The truth is that NO ONE on this board knows what Brock Boeser is going to do at the end of this year. We all hope he will sign as I'm sure Jim Benning, and everyone involved w/the Canucks does.

Saying you know he's going to sign and belittling anyone who says any differently doesn't make it any more likely or unlikely to happen.

The pro's obviously are knocking a yr(or 2 if signs after his season) off his ELC. 

The con's we don't know about. 

-Being able to sign w/any team that you like is obviously an attractive situation.

-We don't have the "team most likely to win the next cup" here, if that's a factor

-Finishing off a college degree the traditional way is important to some people

-Maybe staying close to home is all he wants...

At the end of the day I would bet that he signs here., and that the odds lean in our favor.

But I don't know that, and neither do any of you.

2 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

If the NCAA season is over and Boeser has another dominant year? Sure. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Heck ya give him a chance to adjust for next year's Calder run lol jk. I'm assuming if we did that we would have to   sign him first? That would be worth it itself A few cdcers are already worried he won't sign. Nobody knows for sure what will happen, but by all accounts, he seems to want play here. Plus I think bty the end of his year he will have zero to prove, Plus pushed troy and Jake to sign so that 's gotta reduce some of the anxiety you guys have.

33 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The season hasn't even started yet and people are panicking making threads like this.....

This is the worst I've ever seen cdc. 

Recent panic attacks

Pedan on waivers (not a fan of him)

Will Boeser sign

Practice lines

7 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Lets say we end up barely out of playoffs and get a mid-round pick in the 1st round. Would Boeser come play for the Canucks? If he is a hot commodity, would he do what Vesey did and shoot for the moon? Maybe he would rather play on Chicago?

He only needs to play through 2 more years of college then he can be a UFA? 

If that's the case, I don't care what Bening said in his last interview, of course it's something to be concerned with. 

If you were in his shoes, why not finish up your degree then sign wherever you want for however much you can get, it's a no-brainer. He's got no ties to Vancouver, or reason to want to be here, especially when the team is bad and the cost of living here so high. Also people from other parts of North America consider Vancouver to be geographically isolated and a pain-in-the-ass to get to.

t's too early to look for signs, but if this time next year, if he's still playing college, I'd be worried.

8 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Lets say we end up barely out of playoffs and get a mid-round pick in the 1st round. Would Boeser come play for the Canucks? If he is a hot commodity, would he do what Vesey did and shoot for the moon? Maybe he would rather play on Chicago?

I recall an eerily similar thread in regards to Demko signing with us. Fear not Lulongo, he will sign with us. Question is will our coach at that time let him flourish or put him on the fourth line :P

4 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

This is the worst I've ever seen cdc. 

Recent panic attacks

Pedan on waivers (not a fan of him)

Will Boeser sign

Practice lines

I actually made this thread as a joke because I feel the same way as you, what I didn't realize was that people would take it seriously.

He's a kid with high character, and I'm sure he'll sign not too long after the NCAA season ends (hasn't he already said as much? ). He was also trying to talk Caggiula into signing here; why would he do that if he didn't expect to end up in the same place? Plus his buddy Stecher plays with us. He's too dominant to stay in the college league. 

He's gonna look "real good" in blue and green this time next year! :towel:

Archived