The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Old Vancouver Sports Talk Shows on TV

cabinessence

Best Vancouver Based Sports Talk Show  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, remember when we had so many amazing Sports TV shows in the Vancouver Market. I liked Sports Page, but here we're talking about talk shows.

Remember John Mckeachie's amazing 280-Jock and the incredible discussions?

How about David Pratt's Last Call, which combined sports with a little rock n roll?

Sparring Partners on UTV with amazing guests like Neil Mcrae, Brent Gilchrist,Tony Gallagher, and Brian Burke?

Then there was Sportsline, in the 80's with Steve ARMITAGE! and later Darcy Rota. Once at the Pacific Coliseum there was a banner that read 'Bout Time Someone Rota book 'bout Darcy.

Who can forget U Tonight, the wacky show hosted by Chris Hebb in his denim shirt/jeans combo. He had guests like Dave Geary doing The Nutty Professor orThe Spiceman. From what I recall, they didn't cover sports.

Well, anyway we'e down to the final 5....what says youse as your bass solos are cued?

another thread where cabinessence tries to re-live some memories from pre-1995. que 2 or 3 people who answer honestly, que 10 people who don't know what he's talking about, then he will joke about how they aren't responding to the thread's options. que "que more bass solos" when someone patronizes the thread

repeat until his next bout of nostalgia

39 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

another thread where cabinessence tries to re-live some memories from pre-1995. que 2 or 3 people who answer honestly, que 10 people who don't know what he's talking about, then he will joke about how they aren't responding to the thread's options. que "que more bass solos" when someone patronizes the thread

repeat until his next bout of nostalgia

Firstly, please learn the appropriate use of cue. What is que? Are you by any chance a millennial? Do you know any spots talk tv shows now? Go back to making hand gestures with the hip hop j rocs and trying to be ghetto tough. I would wager you consider a good musician as one who lip synchs well. Cue another troll in a potentially award winning thread.

7 minutes ago, cabinessence said:

Firstly, please learn the appropriate use of cue. What is que? Are you by any chance a millennial? Do you know any spots talk tv shows now? Go back to making hand gestures with the hip hop j rocs and trying to be ghetto tough. I would wager you consider a good musician as one who lip synchs well. Cue another troll in a potentially award winning thread.

ya, meant cue

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

SportsTalk was good, but when Quinn was kicked out, Dan started to become bitter. And when he didn't get any of the Canucks broadcasting jobs he really got bitter.

To the point where you couldn't listen to him. At least I couldn't. 

Great points, but very controversial in this poll, as it's radio. Very interesting. Thanks again to all making this an amazing thread!!

On 10/15/2016 at 7:39 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

SportsTalk was good, but when Quinn was kicked out, Dan started to become bitter. And when he didn't get any of the Canucks broadcasting jobs he really got bitter.

To the point where you couldn't listen to him. At least I couldn't. 

I've always liked ST when I was a teenager. Always listened before bed time, but I have to agree. I didn't notice the bitterness that much when Jim Hughson took over for Robson, but when Shorty took over for Hughson, he got so bitter that it was obvious. 

Archived