The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Weekend of October (15-16) 2016

Just now, Squamfan said:

don't get the retired numbers part didn't they retrie them before

The Leafs always had a rule that numbers would be "honoured" but not retired until now. I believe they had two numbers retired for players that had served their country and died but that was it. I'm sure Vintage could confirm or correct me.

14 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

The Leafs always had a rule that numbers would be "honoured" but not retired until now. I believe they had two numbers retired for players that had served their country and died but that was it. I'm sure Vintage could confirm or correct me.

so when sudin had is ceremony couple years ago it was for a number to be honoured?

48 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I hope the Leafs blow the lead like the last time they did in a playoff game against the same team.

I love you Vintage.  Anyone with that much visceral hatred of the (icky) Laughs deserves lovin'.  Keep on hating!::D Alf is right beside you.

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yes, you're right.

• I believe you are wrong. Ace Bailey and Bill Barilko both died while members of the Leafs. It had nothing to do with military service. While being a huge Dave Keon fan, and Sittler and Salming as well, I really believe the honouring of numbers should have remained instead of retiring their numbers.
  •  

Archived