The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saudi Arabia Executes Prince for Murder

nucklehead

A Saudi prince was executed in Riyadh on Tuesday after a court found him guilty of shooting dead a fellow Saudi, official media reported, in a rare example of a ruling family member subjected to the death penalty.

Prince Turkic bin Saud al-Kabir had pleaded guilty to shooting Adel al-Mohaimeed after a brawl, the ministry of interior said in a statement on state news agency SPA.

It did not say how the prince was killed. Most people executed in the kingdom are beheaded with a sword.

Members of Saudi Arabia's ruling family are only rarely known to have been executed. One of the most prominent cases was Faisal bin Musaid al Saud, who assassinated his uncle, King Faisal, in 1975.

The family is estimated to number several thousand. While members receive monthly stipends, and the most senior princes command great wealth and political power, only a few in the family hold nationally important government posts.

"The government.. is keen to keep order, stabilise security and bring about justice through implementing the rules prescribed by Allah...," said the ministry statement.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/saudi-arabia-executes-prince-for-murder-official-media/ar-AAj75CQ?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp

Wow, in a world where rich people get away with everything typically... They clearly uphold justice. However I don't necessarily agree with executing someone over a single murder.. But hey, rules are rules and no matter how rich or poor, they are punished the same.

Personally, as much as I dislike the idea of executions, I feel like executions should be for people who clearly are sick and demented, who truly cannot change their ways. (Serial killers, serial rapists, pedophiles etc.)

That is pretty intense.  But if someone executes another person why is it an ok act? because the state and law approve it?  What happened to tho shall not kill!  lol. not tho shall not kill "unless government sanctioned lol".

I am honestly unaware of what religion their practice down there. Just laughing at the US' hypocrisy.

On 10/18/2016 at 10:02 PM, knucklehead91 said:

Wow, in a world where rich people get away with everything typically... They clearly uphold justice. However I don't necessarily agree with executing someone over a single murder.. But hey, rules are rules and no matter how rich or poor, they are punished the same.

Personally, as much as I dislike the idea of executions, I feel like executions should be for people who clearly are sick and demented, who truly cannot change their ways. (Serial killers, serial rapists, pedophiles etc.)

The Saudis do not uphold justice... just ask anyone living in Yemen right now...

2 hours ago, knucklehead91 said:

Im not saying 100% of the time. Its just shocking to see someone with a high status be executed.

As I said, probably not justice as we know it.  Either he was an embarrassment to the royal family or there is clearly some motive where he is better off dead.  Maybe political power to keep the people happy.

It is more shocking that this has made the news and not the fact that they are blowing the crap out of Yemen right now.  Like Syria-level bombing.

16 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

As I said, probably not justice as we know it.  Either he was an embarrassment to the royal family or there is clearly some motive where he is better off dead.  Maybe political power to keep the people happy.

It is more shocking that this has made the news and not the fact that they are blowing the crap out of Yemen right now.  Like Syria-level bombing.

with weapons from Hillary Clinton after donating to her foundation . . .

3 hours ago, TheAce said:

with weapons from Hillary Clinton after donating to her foundation . . .

Hillary Clinton?  No need to point the finger at Americans when Trudeau is selling Canadian trucks and military vehicles to the Saudis.  Harper's deal but a great deal for Canada, so Liberals have no problem with it.  I think Stéphane Dion said something like "no evidence of Canadian weapons in Yemen conflict".  Okay, Stéphane.

VICE has good coverage on this.  It'll help you understand how western powers handle foreign affairs in the Middle East.

watched it, a little confusing. there are at least 3 separate conflicts going on. how they handle it appears that they back their allies. no surprises there. al Qaeda is still a problem, iSIS seeks to conquer and destroy and establish itself. these are common enemies of the west. Saudi Arabia is still an ally of the west and a sovereign nation, where else should we stand?

after this one I watched the video on the forgotten war in western Sahara. a truly cruel existence for these people that have been abandoned by the world and seemingly the UN for nearly 40 years.  

8 hours ago, nucklehead said:

watched it, a little confusing. there are at least 3 separate conflicts going on. how they handle it appears that they back their allies. no surprises there. al Qaeda is still a problem, iSIS seeks to conquer and destroy and establish itself. these are common enemies of the west. Saudi Arabia is still an ally of the west and a sovereign nation, where else should we stand?

after this one I watched the video on the forgotten war in western Sahara. a truly cruel existence for these people that have been abandoned by the world and seemingly the UN for nearly 40 years.  

This might give you better insight.  It's a bit long, but it's VICE.  Watch the first half.  It's good journalism and probably the best western source on this stuff.

This second video shows how Yemeni people view foreign intervention and how it's driving the people towards radicalization.

Archived