The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Us Against Them"

hellosinki

For all those people out there who think the media are not out to get us, here's some proof:

TSN TH2N pretty much admitted here: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/flames-canucks-off-to-opposing-starts~977797 at 2:20 that it's "Us Against Them".  The Canucks cannot find sympathy from any media source because they are out to get us.

Okay, although this is still somewhat satire, I still do find this interesting how they pretty much admitted that they are against us and will continually be pitching for us to lose.

Just now, AriGold said:

Good-Bren-Sen

:huh:

I also liked how the Loui edition has worked well so far. No it hasn't worked well but it hasn't been terrible. We've won because of stingy defense and timely goals. Cmon TSN watch the actual games FFS

IKR!  They're paid to know how to pronounce players' names, but they seem to mess them up all the time.

Also, I found it interesting how all the media is emphatic on how good Eriksson has been so far.  I think they read his stat sheet, saw 1 goal and 1 assist, but forgot to notice that his one goal was on his own net. XD

Or they are still trying to convince the hockey world that the Canucks are only a one line team.

the majority of these eastern base 'analysts' don't know this team. 

how could they predict us going dead last when we made some good additions to the lineup. 

Out: Higgins (AHL), Vey (AHL) Bartkowski (AHL) Vrbata (washed up) Weber...

In: Gudbranson (top 4) Rodin (Swedish Elite League MVP) Larsen was one of the top scorers in the KHL, Eriksson (Sedins gold medal linemate) 

Beartschi, Horvat, Hutton and Virtanen a year older, added more youth in Gaunce. 

it was disrespectful to have the Canucks at the bottom while the Sedins are still here. It's nice seeing these so called analysts eat their words.

39 minutes ago, hellosinki said:

For all those people out there who think the media are not out to get us, here's some proof:

TSN TH2N pretty much admitted here: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/flames-canucks-off-to-opposing-starts~977797 at 2:20 that it's "Us Against Them".  The Canucks cannot find sympathy from any media source because they are out to get us.

Okay, although this is still somewhat satire, I still do find this interesting how they pretty much admitted that they are against us and will continually be pitching for us to lose.

TSN is basically Toronto's personal sports network. They admitted that during the draft lottery when they were so happy like we would be if the Canucks won the lottery.

What are talking about OP?

You're talking like Trump making sh*t up.

In your hurry to try to look smart by creating this thread, you totally misunderstood what they were saying. They said it was "us against them" in the Canucks room and that's the attitude the team was taking given pretty everyone has expected them to finish last.

They were NOT admitting the media was out to get them.

For me the revelation has been our defense.  Guddy has been everything that was promised, and he has allowed Hutton to free wheel with abandon. 

Larsen and Sbisa have been so impressive ... made for each other.  Larsen doesn't need be overly physical, his partner can see to that, and as for Luca, he doesn't need to feather the perfect pass to a streaking forward, he just has to find Larsen.  and a healthy Edler makes such a difference.

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

I will never understand why people give a crap about the media. It has absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game. It just doesn't compute for me. 

I agree with your overall point.

On the other hand, I absolutely think the media had a hand in the 2011 finals.

The shrill timbre that we were whining divers and biters was so pervasive that there was no way we were going to get an equitable share of calls. And Vigneault was going to revert to his crappy defense-first system anyway, but it just became more pronounced with the Rome hit IMHO

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

the majority of these eastern base 'analysts' don't know this team. 

how could they predict us going dead last when we made some good additions to the lineup. 

Out: Higgins (AHL), Vey (AHL) Bartkowski (AHL) Vrbata (washed up) Weber...

In: Gudbranson (top 4) Rodin (Swedish Elite League MVP) Larsen was one of the top scorers in the KHL, Eriksson (Sedins gold medal linemate) 

Beartschi, Horvat, Hutton and Virtanen a year older, added more youth in Gaunce. 

it was disrespectful to have the Canucks at the bottom while the Sedins are still here. It's nice seeing these so called analysts eat their words.

Well, he has a goal and 2 assists and is +1 on a losing team ... he'd be tied with Danny in 2nd place on ours.

Archived