The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tryamkin denies request for conditioning stint (Utica)

VIC_CITY

18 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

He only came over from Russia because he was promised an nhl role. He wants no business with the ahl. He made that clear before he signed. 

No need to be shocked or say negative things about him. He's coming over from Russia and the culture shock in Van is already huge for him. Now, he would have to go to Utica? That would be a huge adjustment for him. 

Trade Sbisa and play Tryamkin or let him go back to Russia and see what happens maybe next year.  

Well said. To those of you talking about entitlement, get a grip. His agreement stated he wanted to play or return to the KHL, give him a chance or cut him free. If I was in his shoes I would rather be in the KHL over Utica. 

This is is a guy who wants to play and develop, this is a good thing. He has huge upside if the Canucks can support him. 

Meanwhile, the Canucks are playing Sbisa in an attempt to shop him around the league and Tryamkin sits. 

Larsen is a defensive liability, so is Sbisa but at least he is physical and stands up for his teammates. 

Play Edler with on PP1 and put Hutton with Tryamkin on PP2. Keep Gud/Tanev fresh to eat up the other minutes. Sit Larsen and see how it pans out. 

I would just get the training staff to bag skatesky his arse everyday.  Or simply trade him before his me first attitude becomes cancerous in the dressing room. 

I'm sure if Biega didn't need to pass through waivers, he would jump at the chance just to play. HE is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team, AND himself at the same time for the betterment of the team

Surely he can be dealt to another team

21 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

before everyone throws the kid under the bus, calling him entitled (it's started already) and stubborn, if he really feels that he's game ready and wants to play right now, then let him play. they entice this kid to sign here to play hockey, and playing in the minors, even if its just a few games is probably not what he signed up for. once again, the canucks back themselves into a corner where it makes both the club and player look bad

Yeah, they got him over here with that "No AHL" clause in his contract... they didn't put that in there for show.

I'm not surprised. It was either NHL or Russia for him from the start. IMO he should go back to KHL so he can get playing time. Him sitting on the bench isn't going to help. I thought we would have seen him yesterday against a big team in LA, where Larsen was getting pushed around in our own zone. I'd be shocked if he's not in the lineup tonight agains Ducks.

Larsen hasn't wowed me. 

If he's that far away from game shape they should play him. So he gets bagged and see's that he can't keep up at the moment. Maybe he'd understand you don't get to play catch up in a training aspect, playing games. 

You either put the work in the summer, or are willing to go down and log big minutes to up your endurance and game readiness. 

1.  The Province is a rag; I'll wait to hear what JB has to say about all this.

2.  Try made his intentions very clear; NHL or back to KHL. 

3.  Apparently, the Canucks want to win games; not develop prospects.  It that's the case, then they should have left Try developing in Russia.

4.  I see no reason to vilify this young man.

31 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

before everyone throws the kid under the bus, calling him entitled (it's started already) and stubborn, if he really feels that he's game ready and wants to play right now, then let him play. they entice this kid to sign here to play hockey, and playing in the minors, even if its just a few games is probably not what he signed up for. once again, the canucks back themselves into a corner where it makes both the club and player look bad

Terrible culture you wish to create.

36 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Well a lot of people thought Stecher earned a spot over Larsen, but JB wanted to see what he traded for. Same thing with Tryamkin, we need to see what we have. 

If the Nucks let this guy walk, they will end up facing him for the next 10 years every time they play the Oilers.  Someone will pick up him just based on his small body of work and give him a chance to learn his craft in the NHL.  Hard to believe we would let him walk in favour of Sbisa who, as well as he has played, is a journeyman D-man. 

lol what a joke.. if WD can't even rotate Tryamkin in as the 6th guy once every 3 games or even in back to back situations.. then let the kid go.. what's the point of sending Tryamkin down for conditioning and then bring him back and let him sit in the press box again.. if i'm Tryamkin i'd give the organization the middle finger and go back to the KHL.. if WD ain't willing to play him in back to backs.. he ain't going to play him at all.. WD is trying to keep his job in the NHL.. if it's at the expense of not playing the kids and sitting them in the press box ruining their development.. i think he can care less as he probably won't be around long enough to see them develop anyways

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

If the Nucks let this guy walk, they will end up facing him for the next 10 years every time they play the Oilers.  Someone will pick up him just based on his small body of work and give him a chance to learn his craft in the NHL.  Hard to believe we would let him walk in favour of Sbisa who, as well as he has played, is a journeyman D-man. 

if he goes back to russia we own his rights in nhl still regardless 

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

1.  The Province is a rag; I'll wait to hear what JB has to say about all this.

2.  Try made his intentions very clear; NHL or back to KHL. 

3.  Apparently, the Canucks want to win games; not develop prospects.  It that's the case, then they should have left Try developing in Russia.

4.  I see no reason to vilify this young man.

If he goes back to Russia he likely isn't coming back. That being said roster spots have to be earned not handed out.

That's my feeling anyways.

3 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

You really don't understand..

labamba you should chill out bro   canucks  signed the russian  knowing he didnt wanna play in ahl  thats his right to put that in his contract otherwise hes free to go back to khl. I say put this kid in games if he hurts us then let him go back but benning shouldnt have signed him if he wasnt gonna give him a spot regardless id rather see tryamkin destroy guys than watch larsen or sbisa   we have to much depth  id ship larsen out  we should have this as our dcorp

edler stecher

hutton guddy

tryamkin tanev

sbisa pedan just my opinion 

I would say it's fair for Tryamkin to refuse as its what he negotiated in his deal coming over... nhl? Sure but if you do not really need me I'll play in Russia thanks. Nothing really wrong with it.

Would it be better for him physically to play games? Of course it would. They need to give him some ice time imho...

Sit Larsen and give Hutton some PP time and you get to evaluate  both Hutton and Tryamkin...

Not like Larsen is lighting it up so maybe you get to send Larsen a message as well. 

Win win win

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Lol. I +1 his post. I also thought it was common knowledge of how hockey works. I apologize that I said you don't understand.

Can't be bothered to read the collective agreement.  Besides...there's always someone on here to set the record straight. 

Archived