The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tryamkin denies request for conditioning stint (Utica)

VIC_CITY

7 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

#)(*#%*() Thank you, I am all out of reps, I will hit you back later. All I wanted to know was your opinion on the matter, and this post states it clearly. 

I do however love some of your sarcastic responses and I hope that does not change. 

A pleasure arguing with you kind sir. 

You too.  I've enjoyed your posts for a long time.  You have a knack for bombast.

1 hour ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

So what are you trying to say? You with the rose colored glasses are saying that team that Willie had was chops compared to that Calgary team that got dominated in the 2nd round vs the Ducks?

That team Willie coached had tons of veteran leadership and experience. No excuse going against a bunch of rookies and as Hughson kept stating an 18 year old Sam Bennet. Our only excuse was having Miller injured, maybe he could have stolen us a few games because Lack sure did not. 

Quit making excuses for paltry play and some HORRID strategic decisions.

BTW where is Hartley now? Out of the league? That flames team was one of the luckiest in recent NHL history, so many 3rd period come backs.

Lets just go with what you say, because I bet you were one of the posters who thought going into that series that we had a chance. Now you become a turncoat and try to dump all over Willie? That is counter to your argument bud. Horrible coach, so bad that even the announcers were questioning his decisions. 

That's why we got rid of most of it I suppose. The vets were hammered by the regular season injuries - do you remember ANYTHING about how that season went?

Hartley will no doubt get another job - how are Calgary doing under their new coach?

Our fanbase took a dislike to Hartley because Tortorella threw a crazy tantrum, it certainly had nothing to do with his previous with the Canucks - Torts was an idiot.

Yes I did think we had a chance - and maybe if we had had a fit squad and took HALF our chances (deja vu anyone) we would have won convincingly. Since when did announcers know anything about coaching, hell CDC spends most of their time on here calling them idiots and you are probably one of them.

2 hours ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Yeah...I'm with you man.  I knew what you were saying.  And I'm sure no one wants to run themselves into his elbow.  But I've seen some effective hits on Chara.

Also true, but those are the big boys out there throwing those hits. You have to agree that on average, forecheckers won't be throwing their body as much at Tryamkin.

And compared to Sbisa, particularly on a Canucks team that can get hemmed in their own zone, this alone can be a huge benefit for puck possession and reducing turnovers in the d-zone (IMO)

37 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Also true, but those are the big boys out there throwing those hits. You have to agree that on average, forecheckers won't be throwing their body as much at Tryamkin.

And compared to Sbisa, particularly on a Canucks team that can get hemmed in their own zone, this alone can be a huge benefit for puck possession and reducing turnovers in the d-zone (IMO)

Exactly

The thing is, his size counts for a lot.  An average skilled defenseman + discernible size difference = an above average defenseman.

And he's not a pylon. He can actually play and skate. Just getting him up to shape and experience to get to the point where he doesn't look out of place defensively in an NHL game means his total package of capabilities, if you add his size, exceeds most defensemen playing in the league.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 24/10/2016 at 1:54 PM, hearditall said:

Yah well if we lose Sutter & Edler. Then over use a very young Horvat & Sedin. And dress very young & raw Virtanen, McCann, Hutton, etc. we could slide like we did again. Highly doubt the above will repeat itself again. (knock on wood). 

That's why we should be knocking at a Playoff spot in February/March...

:towel:

On 24/10/2016 at 0:58 PM, hearditall said:

The problem is (a good one mind u) The Sedins are not on their sunset cruise quite yet if you've been watching the games.

Sutter is a legit 2 line centre & Hansen is still getting better. Adding Eriksson & Gubranson along with the emergence of Bo, Hutton, Granlund, Gaunce, etc. & our strong goaltending, we are still a playoff contender today if we stay relatively healthy.

Once the Sedins do quiet down, which I don't believe it's this year, that is when the Canucks will be in a full re build for a few years...

::D

Archived