The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tryamkin denies request for conditioning stint (Utica)

VIC_CITY

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

so if the injuries doesn't come till 1/3 or half way thru the season.. they are going to sit them in the press box till then coz they are just an injury insurance? you can't even rotate them in once every few games.. how do you expect them to be game ready when you actually need them? 

Hardly my choice.  That's a question for WD to answer.

5 minutes ago, shadowgoon said:

My guess is JB is quietly shopping Sbisa to make room for Tryamkin, but need him to be in game shape prior to pulling the trigger. Sbisa is upping his trade value with his play so far, minus a few mistakes; the problem is that there haven't been any situations where D-men around the league have been seriously injured, that and a lot of teams are cap strapped right now.

Tryamkin doing what he's doing means he's not being told the full story, management is likely playing things close to their chest so as not to tip their hand around the league and risk getting less than what Sbisa is worth (B Prospect + mid round pick?)

This is putting pressure on management to do what they have to do in order to get him in the lineup.

Interesting take, hope that's actually the case. 

One thing to keep in mind is we'll have both Stetcher and Juolevi competing for roster spots next year. Stetcher might even be back this year. Personally, I think Juolevi will benefit from a year in the AHL. Then we also have a wild card in Subban, plus Brisebois who is probably 2 years away. I guess I should probably mention Pedan too since 1/2 of CDC seem to be sold on him. Something has to give. Our defense is starting to look line Aberdeen mall on Chinese New Year. 

Biega is a guy that we can keep around to be our #7/8 (pretty much just an extra D for practice). But Sbisa and Larsen need to go. Plain and simple. I guess they could both be trade targets later this year? They have both played ok so far this year so perhaps that will give them some trade value? 

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

I can prolly answer for WD

WD: We are trying to make the playoff and win every night.

And that is what I pointed out in my first post on this topic.  Henrik has also stated that they want to win games rather than focus on developing prospects. 

If that is the case, I can certainly understand that Try would prefer to do his developing at home in Russian over Utica.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's NHL ready and being benched in favour of far worse options.  After seeing the crap WD pulled last year by insisting on Weber being in the lineup, I don't blame Tryamkin for not having a lot of patience.

Last year? What about last night! Seeing what WD does to veteran or developing players would't make me confident. The kid is sticking to his plan, can't fault him one bit for that. WD on the other hand won't play him unless Benning forces him to. 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's NHL ready and being benched in favour of far worse options.  After seeing the crap WD pulled last year by insisting on Weber being in the lineup, I don't blame Tryamkin for not having a lot of patience.

The Webber crush WD had wasn't as confusing as the Vey one. 

Well I'm not surprised. He obviously doesn't understand what it takes to be an nhl'er, but I don't blame him for not wanting to go to Utica over his home country. 

If the canucks could trade him they would but he has no value at all. 

Its a shame he's not a righty or it would change everything for him and the team

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

What makes you so sure he's NHL ready? 

How is he better that Sbisa or Larsen?  Sbisa is playing very well this season and Larsen has better mobility and offensive upside.

Disappointing that Try doesn't see what's happening. He hasn't played for a while and would really benefit from a few games. Hopefully someone explained to him what a conditioning stint is and he isn't just saying no to exercise his contract clause. 

Maybe he'll change his mind and choose to go get some minutes.

This is a developing situation and any rush to judgment is premature. No one knows for sure and we should wait to have things shake down. 

No doubt Trymakin needs playing time, either in the NHL, AHL or back in the KHL. It's his contract that is the problem. He may have real world obligations that won't be supported on 70k a year salary.  

He is in a different situation than most prospects, married, played for real money and it would be understandable to balk at a 90% wage cut. 

It it sucks that he is on an entry level deal, but with the way Larsen is playing defence (see the third goal against LA) I don't see why Tryamkin can't slide into the line up, especially against the bigger clubs like LA. 

The club needs to assess its priorities and choose Trymakin or Larsen. It may not be at that point, but is not far off.

I don't like this move by Trymakin, but by going down the Utica, he may be giving way his ability to go back to the KHL this season, allowing the Canucks to sandbag him.  I am not in the know about all the contract rules and such.  This could be a failure to communicate that needs to be addressed?  

I say give him a game or two and sit Larsen. Keep his legs fresh. Sooner or later and d man is getting injured. This may go along way to evaluating him.  It also may go along way to smoothing over this impasse. 

Just now, VIC_CITY said:

Vey actually played ok. Weber was atrocious. Big difference. 

We fundamentally disagree on Linden Vey as a hockey player.  IMO he showed nothing the whole time here, total waste of 2nd round pick.  He was like Etem (invisible) but slower.  I thought Weber was ok.  It was hard for any D to look good when your team is getting assaulted all game every game. 

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

What worse options? It's either Sbisa or Larsen. Larsen has 120+ games in the NHL. Sbisa has 386, vs. 13 for Tryamkin. 

Personally I would have put in Tryamkin for the two games vs the Kings and Ducks. But I'm not the coach. Remember the GM brought in Larsen and we're 5 games in. 

The team is also 4-0-1, hard to make lineup changes without injuries when you're winning. 

Archived