The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 Expansion Draft - early predictions

canucks411

31 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

i wouldnt worry bout expansion  alot of trades will happen on teams that dont wanna lose certain assets    if im benning  i trade burrows,  miller at deadline for max values even if they have to retain cap this season 

burrows and miller money next yr go to horvat, hutton and guddy extensions 

tanev, hansen, sbisa, granlund, gaunce, baetchi,  rodin, dorsett  - two to three of these guys could be packaged  for a 30-40 goal scorer 

next season          sedin sedin eriksson

sniper  horvat boeser

rodin sutter virtanen

labate gaunce dorsett 

granlund

edler stecher

hutton guddy

juolevi tryamkin

pedan

miller

demko or ufa backup 

what kinda sniper  and young d right handed d prospect  can we get for hansen tanev baertchi package

lose one of sbisa  or dorsett or biega or granlund to expansion 

I certainly would not rule out trades but I think there will be a lot more sellers than buyers. The buyers are going to be teams that believe they can go deep in the playoffs and everyone else is likely to be sellers. I really can't see a team taking Burrows even if we retain salary. You might be able to get something for Miller but I doubt it would be much.

If you are going to trade Hansen, Tanev and Baertschi as a package you may have difficulty finding a trading partner. The other team would have to be in a position where they can protect all 3 in the expansion draft or why would they give you anything of significance back?

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

You may find the attached link of interest doctor...

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion-draft-rules/c-281010592

Or any of the threads I linked on the previous page. It's all been explained a number of times so far.

2 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Is this the 27th variation of this thread?

Not quite 27, but might as well be.

4 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

I certainly would not rule out trades but I think there will be a lot more sellers than buyers. The buyers are going to be teams that believe they can go deep in the playoffs and everyone else is likely to be sellers. I really can't see a team taking Burrows even if we retain salary. You might be able to get something for Miller but I doubt it would be much.

If you are going to trade Hansen, Tanev and Baertschi as a package you may have difficulty finding a trading partner. The other team would have to be in a position where they can protect all 3 in the expansion draft or why would they give you anything of significance back?

about twenty teams would be interested in tanev hes a decent top 4 dman  we have  enough d to aquire a decent winger.  hansen and baertchi  have value as well   im pretty sure some teams would be interested 

I personally believe that Hansen is an extremely valuable 3rd line guy who can fill gaps in the top 6 if necessary. He would almost certainly be snatched up by LV if they had the chance. I would hate to lose such a valuable player for nothing.

Archived