The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Mike Zalewski Recalled from Utica

HorvatToBaertschi

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Would much rather bring up Labate.

Hate to say it but looks like we're expecting Rodin to be our season's saviour right now and bring some offence to the table, and I think he'll spark our bottom 6 a fair bit, especially Horvat.

Labate is currently suspended from the AHL. He's ineligible to be called up.

5 hours ago, jstewboy said:

Your density is off the charts

You are so awesome

Great idea to bring up a guy that has zero goals and 1 assist in 5 games in the AHL.

Yup the guy is going to dominate in the NHL with that kind of AHL  production......

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe Megna's going back down. This changes nothing.

I used to go to school with Menga's older bro. Whenever Jason and his brothers would show up to a party , they'd all sing "the Menga boys are coming! " to the Venga boys song. 

It was quite catchy lol. 

7 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Best Utica forward. He can play every situation and he is a great skater. If his hands catch up to his feet he's an NHL regular. He reminds me of Hansen the way he's always the 1st man in on the forecheck. Great callup and I hope he plays right away.

I agree he's a lot like Hansen fast and relentless but can hit hard. Also love that he goes hard to the net and he's more powerful then you'd think for his size.

He stood out for me seeing him play last season I figured he would have played more and showed enough but for whatever reason he didn't get the chance I'd thought he'd get.

Maybe once Virtanen sees this kid go balls to the wall it'll sink in the way he needs to play to get a real chance.

Zalewski is a pretty ideal 4th liner so I have no issues with it. In fact, I hope this signals a trip to Utica for Virtanen because he needs it. I had Zalewski as a dark horse on the 4th line this year. If Dorsett gets claimed by Las Vegas, Zalewski could ideally take his spot in the lineup going forward. God knows Z is going to be cheaper than Dorsett... Always.

5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Why would we call up a player that is more suited for ECHL ?  

Wow , we really have no talent  in Utica .....

Do you follow j Subbs? 

Hé was something like 3rd in rookie D scoring and was one of uticas top point scorers. As a rookie D. And he has been doing really well to start the season. Dont be surprised to see him wearing blue and green sooner rather than later. Green is just molding him defensively in order to give us a truly spécial player when he arrives .

Just take à look at PKs road to thé nhl and then youll realize why what you said is stupid.

4 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Do you follow j Subbs? 

Hé was something like 3rd in rookie D scoring and was one of uticas top point scorers. As a rookie D. And he has been doing really well to start the season. Dont be surprised to see him wearing blue and green sooner rather than later. Green is just molding him defensively in order to give us a truly spécial player when he arrives .

Just take à look at PKs road to thé nhl and then youll realize why what you said is stupid.

I was referring to Zalewski.    The guy is more suited to be playing for UBC in the CIS  with the rest of  his old vernon teamates   than the canucks....

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I was referring to Zalewski.    The guy is more suited to be playing for UBC in the CIS  with the rest of  his old vernon teamates   than the canucks....

Oh my bad

I dont know, Zalewski has all the tools of à good bottom 6 player and is slowly figuring it out. Hé has good IQ and has shown in previous call ups to be promising. One of those possible MG gems

Archived