The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Through 7 games, Phillip Larsen is a -5

Sedin Brothers

36 minutes ago, austy said:

Skill wise id imagine they are pretty similar. Just one has the eye of the tiger. The other guy doesnt just yet. Whi knows maybe bunk larsen with hansen and some of that intensity will rub off?

Go for the trifecta and bring up Subban? 

Hansen is an explosive proven NHLer albeit I used to call him "hands of stone", he's managed to become guy who can periodically snipe, create space and pass the puck on the tape. 

Larsen is none of that, maybe he could be. Hes already out done what i thought after preaeason. 

The major difference is strength.  

Larsen has a better chance of Johnny Gudreau-ing than Hansen-ing. Only one problem there... talent.

lol.. i'm going out on a limb and predict 75% or more of the canucks will finish a negative by season's end and multiple canucks will end up top 5 in worse +/-.. 2nd lowest goals for per game and we played 3 of the top 5 worse goals against team in the league already lol... not saying they are bad defensively.. it's just they are god awful offensively to offset the -

2013 - Edler                     -39

2015 - Horvat / Vrbata     -30

2016 - Larsen                  ???

Edler & Horvat are still good (actually Vrbata has 5 points already too) so if Larsen has a bad +/- on a (face it) bad Canucks team does it mean anything? 

4 hours ago, Sedin Brothers said:

What? Were you dropped on your head? Why are you comparing our franchise players to a KHL-level defenseman?

Don't get mad at me, you're the one that brought up the Sedins and compared their +/- to Larsen's. Are you saying the fact they're very close together in this small sample size doesn't mean anything, or the opposite? What are you trying to say about Larsen with this thread? I'm really trying to figure it out.

9 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Don't get mad at me, you're the one that brought up the Sedins and compared their +/- to Larsen's. Are you saying the fact they're very close together in this small sample size doesn't mean anything, or the opposite? What are you trying to say about Larsen with this thread? I'm really trying to figure it out.

Im saying Larsen is bad in his end and is soft. I thought the thread title made that clear.

6 hours ago, Sedin Brothers said:

Im saying Larsen is bad in his end and is soft. I thought the thread title made that clear.

And then you made that unclear by also equating the Sedins to that same premise. So which is it: does a negative +/- suggest a player is bad in their own end, or does it suggest they're the Sedins?

Archived