The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will replace Uncle Willie as coach ?

RU SERIOUS

When he does get fired it will be a veteran NHL head coach who replaces WD.

Can't have another rookie coach learning as he goes for 2 or 3 years. 

I don't think it's WD's fault this year, this team is not  skilled enough. Bowman couldn't get them to score. 

We lack skill and talent. I've been saying for a long time now. This is a long term rebuild, takes 7 to 10 years to do a rebuild. We are in year 2 or 3. 

Jarvis for the interim, and depending on what happens then maybe Green.

Honestly I'm not sold on Green. When he lost more depth on the roster, he didn't do as well last year. 

And so far who has Green developed? Gaunce? 

Did Shink become a complete player? No we traded him. 

Has Subban turned into a two way defensemen? No.

Has Cassels rebounded? No. 

Stetcher and Hutton didn't get good from Green, they were good out of college. 

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

When he does get fired it will be a veteran NHL head coach who replaces WD.

Can't have another rookie coach learning as he goes for 2 or 3 years. 

I don't think it's WD's fault this year, this team is not  skilled enough. Bowman couldn't get them to score. 

We lack skill and talent. I've been saying for a long time now. This is a long term rebuild, takes 7 to 10 years to do a rebuild. We are in year 2 or 3. 

Good points !   I agree.

No clue who should replace this clueless guy. This team needs some life behind the bench. Let's hope for an offensive minded head coach. Are we going to be blanked at home for the third consecutive time Tomorrow? Embarrassing. WD has to pay the ultimate price. Maybe a good guy but if you can't keep this team rolling you can't keep your job. Sorry. No point waiting and then making a change when it's too late.

If Willie is ever replaced then no to Green. Assistant sure but not Head Coach.

I would prefer an actual NHL coach and not  another AHL coach, let alone the coach under Willie.

Coaching won't help us score goals though. We don't have the offensive talent yet.

Unless we can find a coach at least as good as AV, I don't think it's a good idea to hire a coach in the middle of the season. Give WD at least 20-30 games.

If WD is let go at some point during the season, we should have Jarvis as interim coach and once Hitchcock resigns from the Blues next season and if he is interested, maybe we can hire Hitchcock? 

Archived